Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

30 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Also fire Remillard. He isn't good enough to get a pass on all the damage he's done.

He has been DFA twice by the Sox this year and outrighted to Charlotte.  No team wants the guy but the Sox.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Williams and Hahn to my knowledge haven't even been sniffed at by any other MLB team since they got fired. Neither will Grifol. 

Weren't you the one who kept telling us Kenny was retiring anyway?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Williams and Hahn to my knowledge haven't even been sniffed at by any other MLB team since they got fired. Neither will Grifol. 

Isn't that true of basically every manager and GM? Coming here is career suicide. 

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Weren't you the one who kept telling us Kenny was retiring anyway?

I was told Kenny had supposedly told JR when his contract was up he was retiring that is correct.

As far as if he actually has done that I have no idea, I don't think I've seen or heard anything from him since a day or so after he was fired. 

20 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Isn't that true of basically every manager and GM? Coming here is career suicide. 

Someone brought this up in the past, my response was it all depends on how far back you want to go. 

Roland Hemond for one example, let go by EE/JR in November 1985, wound up winning another Executive of the Year award with the Orioles. 

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Someone brought this up in the past, my response was it all depends on how far back you want to go. 

Roland Hemond for one example, let go by EE/JR in November 1985, wound up winning another Executive of the Year award with the Orioles. 

Going to the Dodgers was suicide for Dan Evans.

Lots of managers and coaches have moved on successfully.

Kim Ng. Dombrowski obviously, on the front office side.

It doesn't seem Pham is a fan of Eddie Rodriquez

"It was a shallow fly ball to left field. You would expect the left fielder to throw the baserunner out on that play," he said. "The third-base coach [Eddie Rodriguez] sends you, you've got to go. I'm nailed out at home by a mile.

• Like 1

I'm a Pham fan. It's nice to have someone with a track record of calling a spade a spade, or at least not coat said spade in bullshit.

25 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It doesn't seem Pham is a fan of Eddie Rodriquez

"It was a shallow fly ball to left field. You would expect the left fielder to throw the baserunner out on that play," he said. "The third-base coach [Eddie Rodriguez] sends you, you've got to go. I'm nailed out at home by a mile.

I had no idea of how much of a history this dude has had fighting his own teammates and the like.  It makes a bit more sense why he was unsigned in April, and had to join the land of misfit toys.

Posted (edited)

You know that movie Good Will Hunting where the Ben Afflec character comes knocking on the door every morning to pick up Matt Damon, and finally one day he shows up and Matt Damon is finally gone? Thats me coming to this thread every day, just hoping and praying to find that Pedro is finally gone 

Edited by superchops70
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I had no idea of how much of a history this dude has had fighting his own teammates and the like.  It makes a bit more sense why he was unsigned in April, and had to join the land of misfit toys.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean, he's been stabbed in a strip club and slapped Joc Pederson (on an opposing team) over fantasy football.

Tommy Pham is a candle that burns twice as bright, half as long.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like, this is the funniest clip of the year.

Calls out third base coach (good, hilarious), then talks about doing martial arts during the offseason so he can whoop opposing teams asses (bad, hysterical)

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Like, this is the funniest clip of the year.

Calls out third base coach (good, hilarious), then talks about doing martial arts during the offseason so he can whoop opposing teams asses (bad, hysterical)

Too bad Contreras didn't GAF, because that was an obvious long winning streak waiting to happen, because it happened once in 2000.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Would he absolutely hilarious is Pham went out there intending to starch someone and ended up getting TA-ed

I 100 percent need this to happen this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Angels hire Kenny when they fire their GM in the not too distant future.

I'd be really interested to see how he does. My guess is he'd do well.

19 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Would he absolutely hilarious is Pham went out there intending to starch someone and ended up getting TA-ed

I truly hope everyone that's applauding this like a seal getting a fish at SeaWorld bombastically endorsed TA vs. Ramirez

• Haha 1

Just now, Quin said:

I truly hope everyone that's applauding this like a seal getting a fish at SeaWorld bombastically endorsed TA vs. Ramirez

It'd be one thing if he had a legit reason to be mad but dude is just whiny cause Contreras got excited about a big play in the game.  Also the fake tough guy routine is always hilarious to me.