Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Or at least promote him to coach. He's an asset for the pitchers and a mentor for Lee, but a complete waste of a spot in the lineup. If you could DH for him instead of the pitcher, I'd be tempted to try that.

It is not easy to simultaneously be both the worst offensive and worst defensive player at your position, but Martin is an achiever.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Or at least promote him to coach. He's an asset for the pitchers and a mentor for Lee, but a complete waste of a spot in the lineup. If you could DH for him instead of the pitcher, I'd be tempted to try that.

Is he?  He certainly doesn't seem to be helping the pitching much considering this staff is the second worst in baseball in runs allowed per game.  The talent level of the staff isn't good but any help he is giving to the pitchers is minimal at best.

• Like 1

How’s freaking gutless of Getz to not even face the media lately.  Must be too busy getting an erection looking at Bleacher Report rankings.  They’re making it very hard to care about this team sticking in Chicago.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

How’s freaking gutless of Getz to not even face the media lately.  Must be too busy getting an erection looking at Bleacher Report rankings.  They’re making it very hard to care about this team sticking in Chicago.

Didn't he talk last homestand?  I remember the Robert and Moncada updates.

Rosenthal with a status update article on Grifol.  Suggests that Grifol might be around for a while longer, at least until the first wave of kids are ready for a call-up.  I think that feels right unless they hit a 20 game losing streak and Jerry is finally motivated to take action out of embarrassment.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This could be good news. If anyone remembers that sort of reality show they had on MLBN back in the day where they followed around KW, and JR, and RH, I remember them watching Rosenthal give some report and KW wondered how he got the info. 

I'll write off this year. Any replacement will be temporary and likely from within. 

I want to see someone from outside and not a bottom feeding organization.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'll write off this year. Any replacement will be temporary and likely from within. 

I want to see someone from outside and not a bottom feeding organization.

This years replacement will be Charlie Montoyo.  I would bet money on that.  Beyond that?  Who knows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This years replacement will be Charlie Montoyo.  I would bet money on that.  Beyond that?  Who knows.

Which is fine. He's an upgrade. But how about a fresh face from outside the organization to start next year? 

Jerry, If you don't want to waste money on a new manager, I will gladly manage these asshats remotely for free....just fire this damn clown.

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Guy is a total buffoon. 

Don’t worry, he also says no one is to blame for blowing a 5-0 and 5-1 lead.  This guy is just the dumbest manager ever.  I wouldn’t want him coaching a Little League team.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Screenshot_20240604_213822_Gallery.jpg

translation: it's not my fault -

He should get fired.. but honestly i cant say he owns as much of the losing as we want to believe.

It's a joke of a team with a lot of injuries and the most not give a f*** constructed bullpen of all time.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Screenshot_20240604_213822_Gallery.jpg

I’m serious when I say this may be the most shocking thing he’s said during his tenure with the Sox. You’re 15-47, have lost 13 straight and just blew two games against the Cubs, and you’re going to say how proud you are of the team? 

Without question one of the most insane quotes I’ve ever seen

• Like 3

Just now, Tony said:

I’m serious when I say this may be the most shocking thing he’s said during his tenure with the Sox. You’re 15-47, have lost 13 straight and just blew two games against the Cubs, and you’re going to say how proud you are of the team? 

Without question one of the most insane quotes I’ve ever seen

He’s legit one of the worst leaders I’ve ever heard in the media.  My god, just compare it to Fedde’s comments who said how much he wanted to win these games for the fans.