Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

Perhaps Jerry looked at other teams who've went through incredible stretches of losing such as Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Oakland, Detroit and felt the backlash wouldn't be that bad

Chicago (and it's media market) aren't any of those cities

Check out twitter, this team is getting absolutely destroyed.  Has a major media market ever dealt with anything like this before?

You think he looks or cares about any of that? He should because of his new tv network, but I don’t think he does. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

You think he looks or cares about any of that? He should because of his new tv network, but I don’t think he does. 

whether he looks or cares is irrelevant, it still matters in so many ways.  

This sure feels accurate.

I’ve come to believe that what’s happening now is his perverse revenge against all the people who want him to sell the team. The more fans want him gone, the tighter his grip on the franchise. It’s difficult to understand why an 88-year-man would want to hold on to such a poor product. It’s not about winning baseball games anymore. It’s not about getting a better stadium to make more money. It’s not about threatening to move the team to Nashville to force taxpayers to pay for a new building here.

It’s about unfurling a finger at the many people who are disgusted with what has happened to this once-proud franchise.

I’ve said in the past that Reinsdorf doesn’t care anymore. That was wrong. He cares about sticking it to people. It’s really the only explanation for his behavior.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

Getz was quoted about his job security and basically said - well I just finished the deadline so lets see what tomorrow brings or something like that.  He could have said almost anything better than what he did.  Told me - my focus last couple weeks have been on executing trade deadline, now let me figure out what we are going to do with our Mgr (to me that means - who are the interim options and what is our plan and we'll get that aligned here in the next couple of days) and I think the leak around that quote is going to maybe accelerate that timeline.  

Remember when Grifool said they'd trade offense for solid defense? 

How about 5th worse fielding% in all of MLB?

Better than 4th worse, I guess.

Laid $1100 in Feb on under 63.5 wins.  Easiest & safest grand I ever made.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

Pre and Post Hostage photos

Only problem is the Cards were looking for that guy that's got an edge, not Joey happy dance.

22 minutes ago, wegner said:

Pre and Post Hostage photos

Only problem is the Cards were looking for that guy that's got an edge, not Joey happy dance.

Well he’s 4/6 with a homer a 6 RBI in 2 games so I’d say Cards are pleased to date. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rounding_Third said:

Remember when Grifool said they'd trade offense for solid defense? 

How about 5th worse fielding% in all of MLB?

Better than 4th worse, I guess.

Laid $1100 in Feb on under 63.5 wins.  Easiest & safest grand I ever made.

If only I had a good 300k stocked away I would have bought my freedom on the back of these wankers. ???

48 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well he’s 4/6 with a homer a 6 RBI in 2 games so I’d say Cards are pleased to date. 

Thats probably going to be the most favorably lopsided trade that franchise ever makes. ?

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

But look what they had to give up.

• Hawk 1

7 hours ago, joejoesox said:

whether he looks or cares is irrelevant, it still matters in so many ways.  

JR will be forever linked to probably the worst team in MLB history, and in a  major  market as well.  He deserves this bad legacy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hankchifan said:

JR will be forever linked to probably the worst team in MLB history, and in a  major  market as well.  He deserves this bad legacy.

This season wipes out any good will for the 2005 WS. 

• Thanks 1