Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

3-22 to start the season

14 game losing streak in May/June

19 game losing streak - haven’t won since July 10th

Who do you hold responsible?  When it’s this bad and poor decisions are made on the field and off, it starts with ownership and transcends to the front office and manager’s office.

Edited by tjp1684
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

59 minutes ago, tjp1684 said:

3-22 to start the season

14 game losing streak in May/June

19 game losing streak - haven’t won since July 10th

Who do you hold responsible?  When it’s this bad and poor decisions are made on the field and off, it starts with ownership and transcends to the front office and manager’s office.

If you're anyone associated with this front office and managerial staff, you should probably never get another job in baseball.

I know this team was supposed to suck this year by design, but it takes something special to put together a team that can't win 40 games.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bob

Around the basepaths

– The Chicago White Sox had a lengthy private meeting Wednesday after their 17th consecutive defeat with owner Jerry Reinsdorf, GM Chris Getz and manager Pedro Grifol to address a myriad of issues with their woeful team, including Grifol’s future.

They ultimately decided not to fire him before their weekend series against the Minnesota Twins.

• Haha 1

Come on JR, enough is enough. I demand an in season meaningless gesture that won't change the fact these players suck. Fucking lie to me that the manager is the difference. It's being working for decades, why change now? Any competent manager could have this team at thirty wins right now. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Bob

Around the basepaths

– The Chicago White Sox had a lengthy private meeting Wednesday after their 17th consecutive defeat with owner Jerry Reinsdorf, GM Chris Getz and manager Pedro Grifol to address a myriad of issues with their woeful team, including Grifol’s future.

They ultimately decided not to fire him before their weekend series against the Minnesota Twins.

Because when you’re 60 games under .500 for the season and 100 games under .500 in the last 2 years, you should probably wait and see if a series in Minnesota can shed NEW light on whether this is “bad enough” yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Bob

Around the basepaths

Chris Getz is a puppet.  Even better.

3 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Fuckin Reinsdorf.  What pisses me off even more is there are many others in the org who need to be fired but he's not allowing that either because they're under contract.  Fuckin guy deserves every bad thing that's happening this year.

Grifol is the end of the season fall guy to detract from both JR and Getz’s failures, just as Hahn and Kenny were the fall guys for last season.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Fuckin Reinsdorf.  What pisses me off even more is there are many others in the org who need to be fired but he's not allowing that either because they're under contract.  Fuckin guy deserves every bad thing that's happening this year.

Please tell me Marco Paddy is on the chopping block.

2 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Bob

Around the basepaths

Fire them both. Bring in Kim Ng and Skip Schumacher. 

If JR brings anyone in this season to replace Pedro he will be looking at a floor of at least $16.20 per hour.  Starting July 1, 2024 the Chicago minimum wage applies to any employer with 4 or more employees.

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Come on JR, enough is enough. I demand an in season meaningless gesture that won't change the fact these players suck. Fucking lie to me that the manager is the difference. It's being working for decades, why change now? Any competent manager could have this team at thirty wins right now. 

Yeah but if you have a horrible manager why would you want to keep him. Presumably, if you had a horrible team you’d want to improve it

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Their international signings the last 5 years leave a lot to be desired.

Yep.  Latest was third baseman Herrera.  Makes me wonder how the DSL continues every year. I wonder what that annual budget figure is.  Maybe I don't want to know.

3 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

Yeah but if you have a horrible manager why would you want to keep him. Presumably, if you had a horrible team you’d want to improve it

Dump him in the off season if there is an experienced manager available. Plus these players will make any manager look bad. 

Why would someone want to step into this situation? Loyalty to JR? They have no other choices? Any interim is going to be as bad or worse. 

But hey, if it will sell some tickets or somehow help player development go for it. 

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Dump him in the off season if there is an experienced manager available. Plus these players will make any manager look bad. 

Why would someone want to step into this situation? Loyalty to JR? They have no other choices? Any interim is going to be as bad or worse. 

But hey, if it will sell some tickets or somehow help player development go for it. 

It's 1 of 30 jobs. Plenty of people will want it. Doesn't mean the right choice will be made.

I won't support Pedro's continued employment, but I'm ever so slightly heartened that Reinsdorf is taking enough interest to sit these guys down and ask what the hell is going on

39 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

It's 1 of 30 jobs. Plenty of people will want it. Doesn't mean the right choice will be made.

There's probably a lot of people thinking all they gotta do is be better than Pedro and they could have this until next decade.

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

On an interim basis?

The Sox managerial gig isn't a stepping stone, it's a career ender. 

1 hour ago, Jake said:

I won't support Pedro's continued employment, but I'm ever so slightly heartened that Reinsdorf is taking enough interest to sit these guys down and ask what the hell is going on

Hired by a moron GM whom was hired by a terrible owner.  Nothing improves until JR is gone.