Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

45 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Now he’s reversing course after the flat comments and the players disagreeing with him.  What a snake.  He is just trying to say anything to save his job.

Calling them out didn’t light the fire he hoped, so back to coddling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I was thinking about this tonight. Pedro has led the team to a 15-47 record. This is not hyperbole but a good portion of the fanbase (that can read and write lineup cards) if promoted to manager of the White Sox could probably have as good or better record than Pedro.

Now if a fan had the job and had to meet with the GM every day and got help from the pitching and hitting coaches during games, that person probably could go at least 15-47.

That's scary when you think about it. I mean maybe if one of our fans managed the team we'd be 5-57 but I dunno. I think some fans could have as good or better record than Pedro and that's scary. It's not hard to go 15-47.

Edited by greg775

22 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This years replacement will be Charlie Montoyo.  I would bet money on that.  Beyond that?  Who knows.

I'd have to think Montoyo would get at least next year too with how JR operates.

35 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I'd have to think Montoyo would get at least next year too with how JR operates.

you dont think montoyo has been giving grifol all sorts of ideas on what to do?  i don't want either of them near this team next year

26 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

you dont think montoyo has been giving grifol all sorts of ideas on what to do?  i don't want either of them near this team next year

I don' think anyone really wants Montoyo at all, but what choice do we have?  He seems like the angry grindy yelling type that ownership seems to think are leaders.

21 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don' think anyone really wants Montoyo at all, but what choice do we have?  He seems like the angry grindy yelling type that ownership seems to think are leaders.

Montoyo? He’s not the angry, yelling type at all. Jays fans disliked him for being too much of a pushover. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I thought this was a made up quote as a joke.  It’s real lol.  He actually has the players using his “flush it” line now.

"flush it" is usually reserved for good teams going through a rough period. For us it's something we say as we head into 15 losses in a row.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

"flush it" is usually reserved for good teams going through a rough period. For us it's something we say as we head into 15 losses in a row.

Grifol and DeJong must not realize that they are stuck in a public toilet with a broken flapper that people just keep crapping in anyways.

• Haha 2

On 6/6/2024 at 1:21 PM, southsider2k5 said:

5 hours ago, Pale Sox said:

Montoyo? He’s not the angry, yelling type at all. Jays fans disliked him for being too much of a pushover. 

Yeah I heard he's like the extreme opposite.  Let the players do anything. 

On 6/7/2024 at 2:21 AM, southsider2k5 said:

How did Luis Robert miss all that yelling and shouting, thought h was more of a Jerry Manuel type.

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

It would be entertaining for sure.

Hire Tony, with Ozzie as the bench coach. Throw in Milton Bradley as your hitting instructor. 

Bradley and Carl Everett...who was quite well behaved during his time in Chicago.