Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

LaRussa as interim manager.  Where did I hear that before...

Is there another source for that?  The article posted yesterday seemed more speculative, but also the Sox are going to Sox, so it is always possible they do the dumbest possible thing.

If LaRussa is installed as interim manager will that be enough for the other owners to prove JR is no longer of sound mind and should no longer be in charge. He has either lost his mind or he truly is an evil genius, no matter how bad things look he can always find a way to make it worse.

13 hours ago, JoeC said:

It would be entertaining for sure.

Hire Tony, with Ozzie as the bench coach. Throw in Milton Bradley as your hitting instructor. 

Is there room in that budget for Bauer as pitching coach??

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I didn't think the White Sox could be more of a laughing stock then they alreasdy are. Hiring LaRussa would prove me wrong.

Not to pick nits but he's already on the payroll as a special advisor and he travels with the team.  He can finish out the string and they can do a manager search during the off season.  Plus Reinsdorf wouldn't have to pay two people to do the same job which we all know he absolutely hates doing.  

Getz, taking a deep breath, marches into the Chairman’s office: “I’d like to fire Pedro Grifol.”

Jerry replies with a quick no.

Getz: “And install Tony La Russa. He’s a hall of famer baseball man and will help us right the ship.”

And poof, Tony is back.

I'm sure that the team with rally around him and play .350 ball the rest of the way....that should be enough to save his job.

I haven't been to a game yet this season....when is the Pedro bobble head game??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

I'm sure that the team with rally around him and play .350 ball the rest of the way....that should be enough to save his job.

I haven't been to a game yet this season....when is the Pedro bobble head game??

That or jersey day related to a given player (or coach in this case) is almost always the kiss of death, especially after any type of "vote or expression of confidence" from ownership that is issued in a public manner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Bob today says Pedro is lasting the season, and doesn’t sound like he’s for sure being fired this offseason

This comes as zero surprise to me. The dope has survived a 3-22 start and a 14 game losing streak after a 101 loss season last year. Something tells me results don't much matter to his fate at this point.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fathom said:

Bob today says Pedro is lasting the season, and doesn’t sound like he’s for sure being fired this offseason

Fall guy for the entire season, and JR is ridiculous enough to think it will work with Sox fans.  No way will there be a Sox Fest after this season.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Fall guy for the entire season, and JR is ridiculous enough to think it will work with Sox fans.  No way will there be a Sox Fest after this season.

It would be interesting to see the reaction if the Sox cancelled it after announcing it was returning. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It would be interesting to see the reaction if the Sox cancelled it after announcing it was returning. 

I can’t imagine them not canceling it after this shitshow of a season.  Maybe a new strand of Covid will pop up this winter to save JR and Getz.  Otherwise, it isn’t going to be pretty.

Edited by WhiteSox2023