Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Possibly the worst managed game of the year in a season of countless horribly managed games 

Don't watch often. But it is the worst managed game I've seen this year. 

It is about time that JR teat the manager's job as a professional position. This a major league team for god's sake. With his stupid recent hires, JR only shows he has no interest in winning. It is about time the team get a real baseball man in this job. And make sure he is paid right. 

28 minutes ago, Highland said:

It is about time that JR teat the manager's job as a professional position. This a major league team for god's sake. With his stupid recent hires, JR only shows he has no interest in winning. It is about time the team get a real baseball man in this job. And make sure he is paid right. 

JR has publicly said in the past that managers and/or head coaches don't make that much of a difference.

That's why the Sox will never get someone like a Dusty Baker, Lou Piniella, Joe Maddon or Craig Counsell.

Like my dad always said, "You get what you pay for."

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

JR has publicly said in the past that managers and/or head coaches don't make that much of a difference.

That's why the Sox will never get someone like a Dusty Baker, Lou Piniella, Joe Maddon or Craig Counsell.

Like my dad always said, "You get what you pay for."

And just another non-ending reason this team has no direction. Over 40 years of this nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Him and Korey Lee must REALLY dislike each other lmao

I think that outside of Crochet and Robert, Korey Lee is my favorite storyline for so many reasons this year.

• One of Hahn's last acquisitions, mocked after his horrible stint last year (I also ragged on him).
  • Absolutely wins a job out of spring training, but Getz signed the worst catcher in the league on top of trading for a vet who hadn't played in a year (for understandable reasons).
  • Stassi hasn't played yet because of injuries.
  • Lee massively outplays Maldonado, who is still the worst catcher in baseball. He even looks like he could compete with Quero to be catcher of the future.
  • Pedro: "Team is fucking flat." Lee: "Ok. We disagree."
  • Pedro: Continues to play Maldonado in bad situations. Fans: Beg for Korey Lee while running the #VoteMaldy campaign to embarrass the team.

This has probably been mentioned already, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason JR wants to ultimately hold onto Grifol is as a big f*** you to the fans for how much criticism the TLR managerial hire and tenure received. 

This would be an almost impressive level of petty, but I wouldn't put it past Jerry.

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

This has probably been mentioned already, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason JR wants to ultimately hold onto Grifol is as a big f*** you to the fans for how much criticism the TLR managerial hire and tenure received. 

This would be an almost impressive level of petty, but I wouldn't put it past Jerry.

I've thought the same thing myself. 

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Tanking the team ticket sales because you are mad at the fanbase for not liking TLR 😂

Like I wrote, I've thought in general terms that JR's ego is such that he would try to lash out at the fan base. I don't think this is the case but ticket sales as you know isn't as important as it was in the 50's and 60's, not with all the domestic and international revenue streams today. And given his stadium lease agreement and the fact that he is still making money you can understand why I'd think it wasn't beyond a slim possibility he basically was telling the fan base to shove it.

I'm reminded of an example from a political/historical sense. 

Word got out to national newspaper columnist Jack Anderson that LBJ had finally decided to get a replacement for FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover and Anderson went with the story which made national news.

LBJ wasn't pleased and held a press conference saying that he was naming Hoover director for life. Afterwards he got one of his aides to get the word out that this was an "FU to Anderson."

Anderson friends and associates then started good naturedly ribbing him that, 'he the guy who got Hoover appointed for life.'   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Like I wrote, I've thought in general terms that JR's ego is such that he would try to lash out at the fan base. I don't think this is the case but ticket sales as you know isn't as important as it was in the 50's and 60's, not with all the domestic and international revenue streams today. And given his stadium lease agreement and the fact that he is still making money you can understand why I'd think it wasn't beyond a slim possibility he basically was telling the fan base to shove it.

I'm reminded of an example from a political/historical sense. 

Word got out to national newspaper columnist Jack Anderson that LBJ had finally decided to get a replacement for FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover and Anderson went with the story which made national news.

LBJ wasn't pleased and held a press conference saying that he was naming Hoover director for life. Afterwards he got one of his aides to get the word out that this was an "FU to Anderson."

Anderson friends and associates then started good naturedly ribbing him that, 'he the guy who got Hoover appointed for life.'   

One of the main problems with the current incentives in MLB: large streams of revenue are guaranteed regardless of on field product. Of course JR has been part and parcel of this and this is exactly what a majority of the owners want. 

23 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hanging on to Grifol throughout this isn’t exactly helping 

They need to get creative. Grocery bag Night sponsored by Jewel where all fans will get a grocery bag to put over their heads would be a big draw. If you're going to be godawful, might as well have fun with it.

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They need to get creative. Grocery bag Night sponsored by Jewel where all fans will get a grocery bag to put over their heads would be a big draw. If you're going to be godawful, might as well have fun with it.

The White Sox would make them plastic not paper and kill a sizable percentage of whatever remaining fans there are. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

*hundreds die due to mistakenly putting plastic bags over their heads instead of paper*