Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

On 6/10/2024 at 10:34 AM, Snopek said:

This has probably been mentioned already, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason JR wants to ultimately hold onto Grifol is as a big f*** you to the fans for how much criticism the TLR managerial hire and tenure received. 

This would be an almost impressive level of petty, but I wouldn't put it past Jerry.

Yeah I’ve been wondering if this is actually some kind of Rachel Phelps style intentional sabotage f*** you to the fans thing from JR for a couple years now

20 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Every day I come here expecting to read he’s been relieved of his duties.  Yet here we are in the middle of June and nothing.

I think you can hold off until at least the end of the season. Bob said the Sox had no plans to fire him now., and the way it was phrased sure did sound like JR.

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think you can hold off until at least the end of the season. Bob said the Sox had no plans to fire him now., and the way it was phrased sure did sound like JR.

When a plan or idea can basically be summed up as “why bother”, it’s definitely JR. Super motivated dude.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t doubt you but it’s really unbelievable given the business of baseball.  Of course no one would win with this team but shouldn’t they signal to the fans that they care a little bit?  (In theory of course, I know Reinsdorf hates Sox fans.)

3 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

Just have Ozzie finish out the season as interim. He will light a fire under some of these guys.  

Bring Frank in as hitting coach.  

"Lighting a fire" does nothing to make up for a lack of talent, nor restore the past talent of the aged and washed up.

The notion that Ozzie even could "light a fire under some of these guys" is pretty laughable considering that he has not managed in nearly 15 years, and was a dumpster fire in his last gig. If this roster has tuned out Pedro, they sure aren't going to listen to another joke of a manager brought in mid-season, coming from a tv studio of all places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Every day I come here expecting to read he’s been relieved of his duties.  Yet here we are in the middle of June and nothing.

I would be glad to pay for Grifol one way Greyhound or Amtrak ticket to KC if he is canned.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Grifol is horrible but Getz has given us a bullpen that can’t get anyone out and blows one game after another, both of these clowns have to go. 

Need to bring in a septic tank cleaning truck to pump out our bullpen, and throw in both Getz and Grifol in the mix too. This will clear some of the stink out of the team now.  ??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

"Lighting a fire" does nothing to make up for a lack of talent, nor restore the past talent of the aged and washed up.

The notion that Ozzie even could "light a fire under some of these guys" is pretty laughable considering that he has not managed in nearly 15 years, and was a dumpster fire in his last gig. If this roster has tuned out Pedro, they sure aren't going to listen to another joke of a manager brought in mid-season, coming from a tv studio of all places.

Lighting a fire would not make up for the lack of talent but it would at least make the effort more aesthetically pleasing.

20 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

Just have Ozzie finish out the season as interim. He will light a fire under some of these guys.  

Bring Frank in as hitting coach.  

What is there to lose in that? If anything I bet fans get stoked to see some hero’s in the dugout and ticket sales go up.

• Paper Bag 1

It’s kind of funny that we are so desperate for competence that we want to force Ozzie to answer to this bullshit every night instead of Pedro.  Personally I think Ozzie should stay away from that role because nobody is gonna enjoy it, nobody is gonna learn from it, and it’s gonna be 3 straight embarrassing months that go on his record regardless of circumstance

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It’s kind of funny that we are so desperate for competence that we want to force Ozzie to answer to this bullshit every night instead of Pedro.  Personally I think Ozzie should stay away from that role because nobody is gonna enjoy it, nobody is gonna learn from it, and it’s gonna be 3 straight embarrassing months that go on his record regardless of circumstance

This isn't a bad point.  Those who cuck Ozzie probably don't want him to Tony LaRussa his career by coming back to look like a moron with this bunch.  Leave the fantasy in tact.  Let me walk away all dreamy and not as a part of this dumpster fire.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Lighting a fire would not make up for the lack of talent but it would at least make the effort more aesthetically pleasing.

Short of sending the team out to the diamond wearing full clown ensemble, I fail to see how Ozzie has a such an effect.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hi8is said:

What is there to lose in that? If anything I bet fans get stoked to see some hero’s in the dugout and ticket sales go up.

Does no one remember the Robin Ventura experience? Why would Frank Thomas put his ass on the line for this collection of garbage? Ozzie is desperate to be relevant, even he seems to have just enough self awareness to not sign onto this sinking ship.

Who the hell would pay to watch either of those Sox 'heroes' have zero effect on the worst team in history for that matter?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This isn't a bad point.  Those who cuck Ozzie probably don't want him to Tony LaRussa his career by coming back to look like a moron with this bunch.  Leave the fantasy in tact.  Let me walk away all dreamy and not as a part of this dumpster fire.

dreamy? my lasting memory of ozzie is him quiet quitting and then just plain quitting. f*** him. Thanks for 2005.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

dreamy? my lasting memory of ozzie is him quiet quitting and then just plain quitting. f*** him. Thanks for 2005.

Me too, but for some they seem to leave out that part.  Was trying to not wake them from their dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Jesus, what did Ozzie do with all of his money to stoop to wishing people a happy birthday for $50 bucks a pop?  Does he get paid peanuts for the postgame show or something?

Google has his net worth at $18M. He can thank the Marlins for $10M of that for mostly not working.

On 6/12/2024 at 5:39 AM, The Mighty Mite said:

Grifol is horrible but Getz has given us a bullpen that can’t get anyone out and blows one game after another, both of these clowns have to go. 

At the very least Katz has to go.  You’d have to assume the pitching coach is highly complicit in the bullpen decisions and they are justifying a catcher with a .070 BA because he apparently manages the staff so well…ie, you are admitting that the pitching coach isn’t doing his job.