Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

9 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

What comes first? His 90th win or his 200th loss?

He also has the opportunity to collect the 90th loss this season before he gets his 30th win.  All around good stuff 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes.

11 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

What comes first? His 90th win or his 200th loss?

Reminds me of the old joke… “you drop an accordion, a recorder, and an alto sax out of a 20th story window. Which one lands first?”

”Who cares?”

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

*moves deck chair to drier side of the deck*

I get that viewpoint, but Grifol took an 81-81 team and made them a 101 loss team. This team should lose 100, it’s gonna lose 120. At some point you do have to limit the damage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I get that viewpoint, but Grifol took an 81-81 team and made them a 101 loss team. This team should lose 100, it’s gonna lose 120. At some point you do have to limit the damage.

As someone who missed a majority of the first half, I didn’t realize how bad his decision making was.  Some of the things I’ve seen since the ASB have been so stupid, you actually think he’s losing on purpose.

I truly don't think anyone that is worth anything would take the job. 

I don't care about the "well there are only 30 jobs out there" argument. These guys aren't total idiots (Pedro may be the exception) and as we will see with Grifol, he'll NEVER get a shot to manage again. Nor should he, but anyone who takes this job is in for a world of hurt the next 2+ years, just like Pedro has gone through...the only candidates you're getting are individuals who only care about the paycheck (and it won't be much) or are totally unqualified for the job (If you Getz what I'm saying) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps Jerry looked at other teams who've went through incredible stretches of losing such as Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Oakland, Detroit and felt the backlash wouldn't be that bad

Chicago (and it's media market) aren't any of those cities

Check out twitter, this team is getting absolutely destroyed.  Has a major media market ever dealt with anything like this before?

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I get that too I just think at this point it’s symbolic to nobody, it is so far past the point of needing to fire him.   Handing the team to another person to lose 90 percent of the next two months kinda sucks!  

I don’t care either way, like I indicated the ship is going down regardless 

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

This is where I’m at. It’s a bad team the last two years that he is making significantly worse.