Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

As far as Pham's true trade value is concerned, I found it noteworthy that Kevin Pillar wasn't moved despite his better defense and good production in LA. Some signs of luck behind his production (no surprise since he's never been an .850 OPS guy) but it wouldn't have been hard to argue that teams should like him more than Pham considering the defense.

Just now, Jake said:

As far as Pham's true trade value is concerned, I found it noteworthy that Kevin Pillar wasn't moved despite his better defense and good production in LA. Some signs of luck behind his production (no surprise since he's never been an .850 OPS guy) but it wouldn't have been hard to argue that teams should like him more than Pham considering the defense.

Yeah, I don't think Pham had any value at all, unfortunately.  

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

I am thinking it’s more likely Pillar asked to not be traded, as he’s retiring after this year and is from California

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

would take a hell of a lot more than firing Grifol for me to ever spend another dime on this team

I used to average over 60 games a year, and most of the time, they weren't very good.  I went to 1 this season. The Sunday game in Milwaukee. They lost a lead late, just like usual. It was their 11 loss in a row. 

I'm not directly giving the White Sox any more of my money until I see they have a plan, and are actually trying to make it better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I used to average over 60 games a year, and most of the time, they weren't very good.  I went to 1 this season. The Sunday game in Milwaukee. They lost a lead late, just like usual. It was their 11 loss in a row. 

I'm not directly giving the White Sox any more of my money until I see they have a plan, and are actually trying to make it better.

That's one more than I have been to this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

If I can recall correctly, the Hahn/Williams joint firing announcement came after work hours.  Maybe Jerry wants to announce this around 5:00 PM to get all the drive time AM radio talk.

Of course the dumbass probably forgot the Bears play tonight

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree

The White Sox have my heart and soul, but my money, that's different, that they have to earn.

Edited by Falstaff
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

This is what the White Sox have never understood. It is one thing to lose so-called "fair-weather" fans. It is quite another thing to lose loyal fans. And they have been losing them by the thousands for decades.

Now they expect us to buy into a plan where they trade for or otherwise sign a good player so they can trade him for another player who is not major league ready. Now, there's a real plan. Where do I sign up? Oh wait. I can't. I am a fair- weather fan. I'll come back when they're winning. When will that be? 2050 maybe?

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

Should have known the rumor he would get fired was too good to be true.  Only negative rumors seem to come to fruition the last few years.

I never bought it.  This is JR we are talking about.  He’s a penny pincher.  He let Hahn and Kenny run the trade deadline last year and then fired them in late August.  He used them as the fall guys for last year’s horrible season and he will do the same with Grifol at the end of this season.  He wants to make a big deal of firing Grifol at the end of the season to take the heat off of him and Getz.  He actually thinks that Sox fans are this stupid to fall for this crap.