Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So when is he rumored to be getting fired?

Supposedly before the next series but that’s now in doubt since they left Chicago.

8 life’s down, one to go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hi8is said:

Supposedly before the next series but that’s now in doubt since they left Chicago.

Maybe they left him at the airport while he was in the Garrett’s Popcorn line.

11 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Maybe they left him at the airport while he was in the Garrett’s Popcorn line.

Stupid airport security probably found the lost kid and reconnected families and sent him on his way with a lollipop

Coming off a 100 loss season they didn't fire him when...

They started 3-22

They had a 14 game losing streak

They had a 17 game losing streak (and counting)

They sat at 27-84 on August 1st

I think it's safe to say that if he was going to get fired, it would have already happened by now. What's the point now? They have already shown they don't care about how far off the rails this season goes. Seems to me they are going to let him finish this thing off and they'll part ways at the end of the year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Big Hurtin said:

Leave him in Minnesota ?

I’m not a fan of the Twins but Minnesota is a cool state and I wouldn’t want to leave this problem there 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Coming off a 100 loss season they didn't fire him when...

They started 3-22

They had a 14 game losing streak

They had a 17 game losing streak (and counting)

They sat at 27-84 on August 1st

I think it's safe to say that if he was going to get fired, it would have already happened by now. What's the point now? They have already shown they don't care about how far off the rails this season goes. Seems to me they are going to let him finish this thing off and they'll part ways at the end of the year.

Sadly, you’re likely right.  I guess for me it’s the fact that this has gone past baseball results and into a PR issue.  They’ve shown an indifference to winning or losing.  They have accepted PROLONGED failure.  They refuse to send the message to anyone willing to support their brand that they see this as a matter to be handled with urgency, and that they are even going to act on it at all.  There’s no, “hey, we’re tired of this too and we are doing everything we can to fix it until it’s fixed.”  

Instead, we get this messaging:  “oh…the manager who’s 100 games under .500 in just 2 seasons and has lost the team (which has its own liability level for how it effects your organization on/off the field), eh we’ll do something about that at some point, but not now…cause then I’d have to go through that whole process again and I don’t really wanna. And besides, my feelings are still hurt from Crochet’s demands.”

If they were fine burning away a 61-win season and were willing to see how this year started off—he should have been gone after the 3-22 start.  At that time, ALL signs pointed to this not getting any better.  That’s not even hindsight talking…that’s “we’ve already seen all we need to see.”  Dude’s 64-123. Where’s the intolerance to total disaster?

33 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Im all in on Skip Schumaker, if I’m him though, they’ll probably so many openings though (Yankees come to mind right away) why would you pick the Sox. But that’d be my first choice, Francona I’m just worried about his health getting in the way but he’d be my 2nd choice

1 minute ago, Rey21 said:

Im all in on Skip Schumaker, if I’m him though, they’ll probably so many openings though (Yankees come to mind right away) why would you pick the Sox. But that’d be my first choice, Francona I’m just worried about his health getting in the way but he’d be my 2nd choice

He's running away from the Marlins. The Sox are similarly run with less championships.

1 hour ago, FT35 said:

Sadly, you’re likely right.  I guess for me it’s the fact that this has gone past baseball results and into a PR issue.  They’ve shown an indifference to winning or losing.  They have accepted PROLONGED failure.  They refuse to send the message to anyone willing to support their brand that they see this as a matter to be handled with urgency, and that they are even going to act on it at all.  There’s no, “hey, we’re tired of this too and we are doing everything we can to fix it until it’s fixed.” 

Instead, we get this messaging:  “oh…the manager who’s 100 games under .500 in just 2 seasons and has lost the team (which has its own liability level for how it effects your organization on/off the field), eh we’ll do something about that at some point, but not now…cause then I’d have to go through that whole process again and I don’t really wanna. And besides, my feelings are still hurt from Crochet’s demands.”

If they were fine burning away a 61-win season and were willing to see how this year started off—he should have been gone after the 3-22 start.  At that time, ALL signs pointed to this not getting any better.  That’s not even hindsight talking…that’s “we’ve already seen all we need to see.”  Dude’s 64-123. Where’s the intolerance to total disaster?

Yeah its pretty wild to me that he wasn't let go months ago. You need to send the message that this is just not acceptable and were going to do everything in our power to get this fixed. Instead, its aw shucks well go back to the drawing board in the off season.

And to be perfectly fair to Pedro, who has been a terrible manager, this is not 100% on him. His new boss filled this roster out with replacement level players or worse and did him no favors.

All that being said, the root cause is the owner decided against a complete overhaul of the organization and that's why we find ourselves where we are today.

"If nothing changes, then nothing changes."

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He's running away from the Marlins. The Sox are similarly run with less championships.

He’s being ran out, there are plenty of Marlins fans who are pissed that he’s gonna be gone after the year, new president wants to pick his guy. 

7 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

He’s being ran out, there are plenty of Marlins fans who are pissed that he’s gonna be gone after the year, new president wants to pick his guy. 

And he's going to have other opportunities. When the Sox were the top job, they had no search and just gave it to an elderly drunk who the game had passed by. Now, anyone with another option is going to choose the other option. And some with no other option will rather wait until there is another option. Who wants this job?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And he's going to have other opportunities. When the Sox were the top job, they had no search and just gave it to an elderly drunk who the game had passed by. Now, anyone with another option is going to choose the other option. And some with no other option will rather wait until there is another option. Who wants this job?

if I’m him though, they’ll probably so many openings though (Yankees come to mind right away) why would you pick the Sox.” 

More so saying if the Sox actually have a chance to get him, meaning Jerry OKs it, then he should be the guy IMO. But like you and everyone has said this organization never does the right thing 

To me there is no time to waste firing this bozo. Sure Getz has to go too, but even if he was fired in 5 minutes,  it wouldn't impact the team. They can't sign or trade for better players right now. The one thing they should be playing for is trying to avoid being the worst team of all time. The one bullet they have left is changing the manager. It needs to be done now. Every game you wait is stupid. There is some debate what Pedro said to the team when they came back from the All Star break. What can't be debated is they are 0-14 after he said it. He's a joke. Take us out of some of our misery and do the obvious,  and shitcan his ass.

• Like 3

How is Pedro still employed? This team might set the record for the longest losing streak of all time. They do play the A's next but with the way they've played, I don't even know if they can win one against Oakland. 

I'm almost glad I don't live in Chicago anymore, cause it's honestly embarrassing to be a Sox fan right now. At least nobody cares in Austin. 

• Like 2