Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Jake said:

I won't support Pedro's continued employment, but I'm ever so slightly heartened that Reinsdorf is taking enough interest to sit these guys down and ask what the hell is going on

"Pedro, I spoke with one of my advisors, Tony, and he suggested "private medical issue" but we could also find you a front office spot with a press release explaining we appreciate what you've done . . ."

Or

"Pedro we tried to get you packaged with Beni into a recent deal but Russia said no."

I hope they are starting their search now and it goes beyond JR's phone book. 

22 minutes ago, Texsox said:

"Pedro, I spoke with one of my advisors, Tony, and he suggested "private medical issue" but we could also find you a front office spot with a press release explaining we appreciate what you've done . . ."

Or

"Pedro we tried to get you packaged with Beni into a recent deal but Russia said no."

I hope they are starting their search now and it goes beyond JR's phone book. 

You know it won’t. It’s Montoyo or a promotion from within the org.

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

For the love of god it’s truly time. 

I don’t see them doing it mid road trip. It was either last Wed / Thur, or probably not happening until after the season. Getz isn’t even in Mpls. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t see them doing it mid road trip. It was either last Wed / Thur, or probably not happening until after the season. Getz isn’t even in Mpls. 

Thursday 

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

You know it won’t. It’s Montoyo or a promotion from within the org.

And what are they going to ask the next manager to do? 

These guys are playing on a team that will lose 120 games. Fans and the front office wanted this year's team to be even worse by trading anyone that could play for players who hopefully will be ready in two years. It didn't happen, but it's easy to see what that did to moral. 

So sure, toss in an interim. There is plenty of time left in the season for us to want him gone during the off season. Maybe they will get hot and win 20 the rest of the season. 

We'll never know but I really wish JR told him he was gone at the end of the season and for Getz to start the search for the next guy. Don't waste any more time on this season. 

3 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

At this point why even fire Grifol if you’re not cleaning out the front office and starting over from scratch? He sucks but he hasn’t been given much to work with. 

I think they make him wear it until the off season then axe him as the fall guy. It’s the only rationale as to why he’s still employed. 

I know he’s 100 games under .500 in less than 2 seasons…but in no way should they jump into something too quickly by firing the guy until they know for sure it’s not working out.  Like letting Pedro go without first seeing how BP goes in Oakland sounds a little hasty.  Don’t want to lose sight of the big picture here—we need to focus on winning tomorrow’s MLB game in Oakland.  Now if he drops to 101 or 102 games under .500, that’s totally different—we might just have to start “looking at the options” at that point—but right now??  That’s a little irrational.

• Haha 5

On 7/31/2024 at 7:42 PM, hi8is said:

If only I had a good 300k stocked away I would have bought my freedom on the back of these wankers. ???

I know.  I was really thinking hard about laying down a lot more but I just couldn't do it. 

I knew they'd trade Cease and be sellers at deadline to ensure a really bad 2nd half.  Oh well.

20 hours ago, FT35 said:

I know he’s 100 games under .500 in less than 2 seasons…but in no way should they jump into something too quickly by firing the guy until they know for sure it’s not working out.  Like letting Pedro go without first seeing how BP goes in Oakland sounds a little hasty.  Don’t want to lose sight of the big picture here—we need to focus on winning tomorrow’s MLB game in Oakland.  Now if he drops to 101 or 102 games under .500, that’s totally different—we might just have to start “looking at the options” at that point—but right now??  That’s a little irrational.

Thank you for this.

6 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

Would anyone actually want this job though. The team is going to be terrible next year and most likely the year after that.

The team is likely to be terrible until there is new ownership which likely will mean whoever is getting this job will be replaced before there is any chance of the team being good. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3

On 8/4/2024 at 5:12 PM, FT35 said:

IRRATIONAL