8/12 White Sox vs Brewers

kwill

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Cubs are hardly the examplars of maximizing talent.

They missed by a country mile on Mancini.

What will fans do if they miss the postseason and have nothing to show for Stroman and Bellinger?

You're not going to hit on every bounce back player, guys coming off of cancer, but you cash enough tickets if you buy enough value bets.

Sure beats handing out $300M + contracts like they are candy and finishing under .500 most seasons.

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This game further proves zero Central teams from either league deserves a playoff spot, in addition to garbage wild cards. This four team Best of Seven League Championship Series far better than what they will slap out there in October.

Perhaps true but it reinforces that 'coastal' bias idea that only good (money-derived) things can happen to organizations that happened to be based near an ocean. 

I think if they did change the playoff format, which they probably should to look more like the NBA, they should institute a salary cap and floor. That doesn't really change the fact that the midwest is a miserable place to play baseball half the season, but I also don't think it's a coincidence that the central division teams are bottomfeeders. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They missed by a country mile on Mancini.

What will fans do if they miss the postseason and have nothing to show for Stroman and Bellinger?

I guess they didn't want to mimic the Sox white flag trade.

2 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Perhaps true but it reinforces that 'coastal' bias idea that only good (money-derived) things can happen to organizations that happened to be based near an ocean. 

I think if they did change the playoff format, which they probably should to look more like the NBA, they should institute a salary cap and floor. That doesn't really change the fact that the midwest is a miserable place to play baseball half the season, but I also don't think it's a coincidence that the central division teams are bottomfeeders. 

Except for the random placement of Astros in the West.

And of course in between Dallas and Houston you have one of the trendiest areas in the country. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They missed by a country mile on Mancini.  Suzuki has been disappointing as well for long stretches.

At the very least they can QO Bellinger and either have him back or get a draft pick.

34 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I prefer four total divisions, but owners would likely prefer eight. Zero need for wildcards beyond greed with 8 playoff teams.

• Intra-division: 14 x 3 (42)
  • Intra-league 6 X 12 (72)
  • Interleague 3 X 16 (48)
  • Playoffs LDS (#1 vs. #4  #2 vs. #3 Division Winners, Best of Seven)

Italics = Expansion; Bold Italics Underline = League Change

Time Zones (E, C, M, Az, P)

American League

• East (E): Boston; Cleveland; New York; Toronto
  • South (E & C): Houston; MiamiTampa Bay; Texas
  • Midwest (E & C): Chicago; Detroit; Kansas City; Minnesota
  • West (M & P): Anaheim; Colorado; Oakland; Seattle

National League

• East (E): Montreal; New York; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh
  • South (E & C): Atlanta; Baltimore; Nashville; Washington
  • Midwest (E & C): Chicago; Cincinnati; Milwaukee; Saint Louis
  • West (AZ & P): Arizona; Los Angeles; San Diego; San Francisco
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nrockway said:

his pinkie is probably fine they're just giving him a much deserved break now that there's nothing to play for. if I was Robert and the Sox were my employer, I'd be pissed they're making me show up to the job site regardless. I think my pinkie needs a bunch of x-rays by a doctor in Hawaii.

The number of folks here pining for “off days” for Robert is comical. Over the course of a 2h 30m game, he probably exerts himself for a total of 3 minutes or less. He can play everyday. 

The countdown has begun!

Only 11 more losses to guarantee the Sox their 8th losing season in the 11 years Rick Hahn has been G.M.

The excitement is building to a fever pitch! ?

“Accountability around here is not a problem.”- Kenny Williams 4/25/23

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I prefer four total divisions, but owners would likely prefer eight. Zero need for wildcards beyond greed with 8 playoff teams.

• Intra-division: 14 x 3 (42)
  • Intra-league 6 X 12 (72)
  • Interleague 3 X 16 (48)
  • Playoffs LDS (#1 vs. #4  #2 vs. #3 Division Winners, Best of Seven)

Italics = Expansion; Bold Italics Underline = League Change

Time Zones (E, C, M, Az, P)

American League

• East (E? Boston; Cleveland; New York; Toronto
  • South (E & C? Houston; MiamiTampa Bay; Texas
  • Midwest (E & C? Chicago; Detroit; Kansas City; Minnesota
  • West (M & P? Anaheim; Colorado; Oakland; Seattle

National League

• East (E? Montreal; New York; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh
  • South (E & C? Atlanta; Baltimore; Nashville; Washington
  • Midwest (E & C? Chicago; Cincinnati; Milwaukee; Saint Louis
  • West (AZ & P? Arizona; Los Angeles; San Diego; San Francisco