Jeff Loria goes after Mark Buehrle, Jeter, others

caulfield12

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

Mark Buehrle was one of my top three favorite Sox players this century. Sucks to find this out. 

Eh, doesn’t change anything at all for me. When you sign a deal like that, it’s about more than money, it’s about settling somewhere with your family. That sell off, which everyone saw coming, was basically a bait and switch for the players involved, who went from being able to choose their destiny to having it chosen for them inside of 12 months. To not only do that to a guy but also send him to the only team that won’t let him settle his family how he wants it’s pretty low. I’d think sending some mfs his direction was warranted, tbh.

Doesn’t mean Loria shouldn’t have made the trade, just means you reap what you sow. If you decide to f*** someone for the sake of the business, expect to be treated like you just fucked someone for the sake of the business, that’s all. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah awful business. Dude got the new stadium and built all that hype for the team, backloading those contracts only to sell a year later.

After fucking over the expos so they would let him move the team 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Tex, now you’re defending the Marlins/Loria and professing your disappointment with one of your favorite players? You need to get a grip, my man.

Who you defend Hahn if he said they took less or didn't make a deal because of a player's dogs? How many pages would that fill in the fire Hahn thread? 

Mark had an offer and the team didn't match it. No loyalty towards a franchise player who would wear a Sox cap in the HoF. Then after making him a generous offer to come to Florida the next team includes him in a trade. Again, no loyalty. That seems accurate. 

Jose is in an Astros uniform. Again no loyalty towards a player who worked his ass off for the club. 

• Hawk 1

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Who you defend Hahn if he said they took less or didn't make a deal because of a player's dogs? How many pages would that fill in the fire Hahn thread? 

Mark had an offer and the team didn't match it. No loyalty towards a franchise player who would wear a Sox cap in the HoF. Then after making him a generous offer to come to Florida the next team includes him in a trade. Again, no loyalty. That seems accurate. 

Jose is in an Astros uniform. Again no loyalty towards a player who worked his ass off for the club. 

Why are you making up a scenario here, this is ridiculous.  We know what these owners have and have not done.  Both of them suck, the end

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Tex, what is the point you're trying to make? 

Loria blows chunks because he's a backstabbing snake that actually did the awful thing you keep wishing upon Sox fans.

Reinsdorf sucks because he has to try and "win" every contract/business deal and IS loyal to a fault.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Why are you making up a scenario here, this is ridiculous.  We know what these owners have and have not done.  Both of them suck, the end

Agreed, two of the worst.

I'm offering an analogy. I don't think the Marlin's did anything wrong by not thinking about a player's dogs in a trade. Others questioned it and I'm explaining my reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Tex, what is the point you're trying to make? 

Loria blows chunks because he's a backstabbing snake that actually did the awful thing you keep wishing upon Sox fans.

Reinsdorf sucks because he has to try and "win" every contract/business deal and IS loyal to a fault.

Come on JR loyal? He's not loyal to players or fans. Disagree if you like. JR is loyal to himself, his shareholders, and a fewfront office staff (not scouts in particular) but that's about it.

Second point. I don't want my team making player decisions based on their dogs and I'm not going to criticize even a scum bag, whiny ass, owner for doing it. 

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Agreed, two of the worst.

I'm offering an analogy. I don't think the Marlin's did anything wrong by not thinking about a player's dogs in a trade. Others questioned it and I'm explaining my reasons. 

You aren’t really offering analogies as much as you are trolling threads but whatever.  If it makes you feel better to sarcastically repeat things like “we should move the team” for weeks then have fun

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

He said pitcher Mark Buehrle — after he was traded to Toronto in 2013 one year after signing a four-year, $58 million deal with the Marlins — “sent me several texts that were full of vitriolic and filthy language, due to the fact that he couldn’t take his pit bull dogs to Toronto, which had banned the species. Baseball commissioner Bud Selig was aghast at what Mark had written but added that he was not surprised.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-marlins-owner-loria-dishes-141809440.html

Filthy language in a private conversation?  Oh the humanity!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Has someone hijacked your account Tex? Blink twice if you’re ok.  

This whole whatabout JR troll bend you’re on is something to behold. 

After fifty plus fucking years following this team and tens of thousands of dollars or more going to games, merch, MLB packages I expected more than one damn WS appearance in my lifetime. But that's all there will be. Not hyperbole, just looking at the facts. 

Go another thirty or forty years of this s%*# and tell me how you'll feel. How about a couple more championship windows that end like this sandwiches between 90 loss seasons. 

The troll is JR and the crap he's pulled on Sox fans. 

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

There is a lot of missing context here.

All we know is MB sent Loria some explicit text messages after being traded to Toronto.

What if they told MB they were going to trade him and he said "OK, can you please not trade me somewhere where my dogs are banned?" and they said "No problem." and then did it anyways.

We don't know all the details, other than the end result.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Come on JR loyal? He's not loyal to players or fans. Disagree if you like. JR is loyal to himself, his shareholders, and a fewfront office staff (not scouts in particular) but that's about it.

Second point. I don't want my team making player decisions based on their dogs and I'm not going to criticize even a scum bag, whiny ass, owner for doing it. 

To the fans, yeah, JR ain't loyal.

To players — if he thinks the deal isn't back breaking — he painfully is: Leury, Jay Williams (one of the biggest favors in NBA history), loaning Frank money, Pippen's final year (ironically enough).

Then he gives them jobs once they're retired. Frank, Ozzie, Thome, Getz, TLR (not a player, but we all know this one), Paxson, Kenny, Beckham, Robin.

If JR can get someone on what he views as a good deal, he's destructively loyal and will keep it in the family.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nrockway said:

that's exactly what I take out of it lol. the "family dog" that will rip a toddler's face off for looking at it funny. 

A dog does what you train it to do.  They aren’t all bloodthirsty maniacs and many are very good family pets 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

A dog does what you train it to do.  They aren’t all bloodthirsty maniacs and many are very good family pets 

Dogs also do what they've been bred to do for countless generations. They're bred to fight and they're dumb too and hard to train relative to a lot of other breeds. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, almagest said:

$4/56M was "more than you're worth" to JR. $14M/year. 11 bWAR in 4 years with MIA and TOR, 2.75 bWAR average per year. Roughly $8M per WAR at that time, so Buehrle was worth about $22M/year. JR is a moron.

JR's problem is that even though it was roughly $8M per WAR at that time, he didn't think it should be, and was/is upset with other owners for setting the market.  He lives in his own reality where the market is what he says it is. 

As for this stupid Loria stuff, he comes off like a whiny, self-centered, entitled POS.  "Jeter took down my artist friend's sculpture," "Jeter fired members of the staff I had hired," "Buehrle sent me mean texts after I traded him to a team that plays in a city his family couldn't live in without sacrificing their pets, and I tattled on him to the commisioner," "Fernandez's death was sad, but at least I talked him out of buying a fast car," and so on.  Only person looking bad here is Loria if you ask me.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

12 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Dogs also do what they've been bred to do for countless generations. They're bred to fight and they're dumb too and hard to train relative to a lot of other breeds. 

This is so wrong in so many ways but I’m not gonna argue with you about it.  Have a good one

• Like 5
  • TLR 1