A Sobering Thought...

Lip Man 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

There have been more times than I can count where he’s PM me information before anyone else had it that ended up being accurate. I absolutely trust he knows stuff

I expected the usual defense of him from you and perhaps he trusts you not to spill the beans and give away whatever position he holds that puts him in the know. I

I guess as a fan who reads his posts like the usual cryptic comment he just made that Shirley might not have been responsible for the Jacob Gonzalez pick is frustrating. I mean I get it, It's a group effort and Shirley is supposed to be the guy in charge .  Basically so much of what we hear as fans is that whoever is in charge really isn't in charge.

So much of what we post as fans is total speculation trying to assign blame to someone .

I had to look this up but and I made a mistake Harold made the original post that said KW Jr. wasnt part of the Sox of player development any more and I responded to him on August 1st.

On 8/1/2023 at 10:39 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Kenny Jr is no longer part of the player development department. 

He's still listed on whitesox.com

Minor League Operations

Assistant General Manager/Player Development Chris Getz
Director of Minor League Administration Kathy Potoski
Assistant Director, Player Development Ken Williams Jr.
Special Assistant to Baseball Operations José Contreras

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I expected the usual defense of him from you and perhaps he trusts you not to spill the beans and give away whatever position he holds that puts him in the know. I

I guess as a fan who reads his posts like the usual cryptic comment he just made that Shirley might not have been responsible for the Jacob Gonzalez pick is frustrating. I mean I get it, It's a group effort and Shirley is supposed to be the guy in charge .  Basically so much of what we hear as fans is that whoever is in charge really isn't in charge.

So much of what we post as fans is total speculation trying to assign blame to someone .

I had to look this up but and I made a mistake Harold made the original post that said KW Jr. wasnt part of the Sox of player development any more and I responded to him on August 1st.

He's still listed on whitesox.com

Minor League Operations

Assistant General Manager/Player Development Chris Getz
Director of Minor League Administration Kathy Potoski
Assistant Director, Player Development Ken Williams Jr.
Special Assistant to Baseball Operations José Contreras

I'm guessing the implication is that KW Jr. is simply cashing them checks.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

As for the Gonzalez pick, I assume Harold means Hahn overruled Shirley and went with his guy.  I have no idea who Harold is and what his job is, but I do know him and James Fox are my two favorite contributors on here.

That's speculation of course. I know who gets drafted especially in the early rounds is a group effort, Hahn, KW Sr. maybe as well as Jr. ( who knows) scouts and even JR has been known to stick his nose in on picks.

I can't even imagine Hahn thinking he has the knowledge required to overrule a top draft pick. At least KW Sr. has some ancient scouting knowledge in his background but he has one foot out  the door . Hahn should 've been out the door already and if he's a lame duck GM why give him that much power ?

The only conclusion I can reach if Hahn had anything to do with picking Gonzalez is that he will be the Sox GM next year.

14 hours ago, tray said:

Sox scored enough runs to win a lot of games this season but the bullpen pitchers blew way too many leads. A new Manager, pitching coach, 5 decent starters, 4-5 bullpen arms, and a legit Closer could bring the team closer to contention. Bummer should not throw another pitch for the White Sox. Let that game against the Cubs be his last.

The White Sox have a bottom 5 offense in baseball and there really isn’t any reason to think they are going to be good on offense next year either.  This team isn’t remotely close to competing.  

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

The White Sox have a bottom 5 offense in baseball and there really isn’t any reason to think they are going to be good on offense next year either.  This team isn’t remotely close to competing.  

When all you need is 5 starters, 4-5 relievers, and a legit closer you are SO CLOSE 

• Like 2

Even if JR fired Hahn and KW, and hired a new FO, the Sox are a minimum of 7-10 seasons away from playing meaningful, contending baseball.

1. Even if they wanted to sign "A-List" big money FAs, they won't sign here.

2. The last time I looked, every White Sox minor league affiliate is in last place in their respective leagues. So, they need a complete overhaul, from the bottom, up!

The Sox are in the same position as if they were an expansion team, except, expansion teams get to choose other teams' castoffs.