From Gammons

Pastime

Very interesting what he says bout Colon and Boston not gonna be able to afford him. I think we prob offered him da best deal he's gonna get, and he mite regret missin out on it. Jeff Weaver would get claimed by the White Sox, Padres, and Orioles if he got put on waivers. I don't like his 2 year 15.5 million contract especially at 9.5 million in the 2nd year. Orioles lookin for 2 position playa's and 2 pitchers, Konerko maybe a possibility? Billy Wagner mite go to Philly, so maybe Flash could stay with us afta all, especially if Koch gets shipped out to the Mets. It's certainly gonna be a interesting off - season. :D

Not that he is likely to be put on waivers, but let's hope this is one spot where Gammons is wrong.  LOL

They will sign him if the Yanks outright release him, no chance in heck that they would take on that contract.

Wouldn't make sense when they could sign Ponson for less than that. And this is coming from one of the loan Weaver backers on the board.

If the Sox could get Weaver for a cheap deal and then add someone like Ponson, I'd be happy, many wouldn't, but I would. :D

They will sign him if the Yanks outright release him, no chance in heck that they would take on that contract.

Wouldn't make sense when they could sign Ponson for less than that.  And this is coming from one of the loan Weaver backers on the board. 

If the Sox could get Weaver for a cheap deal and then add someone like Ponson, I'd be happy, many wouldn't, but I would.  :D

I think the only way we could get Weaver is if it is through a trade. I would not mind Weaver as our fourth or fifth starter, just aslong as he is happy (or atleast not mad) he is here.

Just wondering what you guys think will happen with Nomar next season. He is my favorite player in the bigs and just wonder if Boston whould actaully let the guy walk.

I think him being traded is what is being writen now. I couldn't imagine him being traded. But, there is no way they trade him in the middle of a pennant race, which I assume they'll be in. It could get interesting. They also have Varitek, Mueller, Ortiz, and I think Lowe and Williamson as FA's after this upcoming season.

Agreed.

I agree also. I think that Weaver is an overated and overpaid pitcher. Whether, as some have suggested, a change of scenery would be good, I am not sold on the idea of that change being a Sox uniform. Maybe for a contract like Loaiza signed last year, but Loaiza is a hardworker and did what needed to be done to be a winner. I am not certain Weaver has figured it out.

I say no to Jeff Weaver. His agent is Scott Boras, he didn't want to come to Chicago when we drafted him so why would he consider coming back now? If the Yankees decide to trade him to us that would make it worse. Weaver b****ed about being in Detroit, he b****ed about being in New York and I gurantee he will b**** about playing for the Sox.

We don't need ANYMORE clubhouse cancers, spend some money on Ponson and trade for shortstop.

CWSOX45

Wouldn't make sense when they could sign Ponson for less than that.  And this is coming from one of the loan Weaver backers on the board. 

If the Sox could get Weaver for a cheap deal and then add someone like Ponson, I'd be happy, many wouldn't, but I would.  :D

I think the only way we could get Weaver is if it is through a trade. I would not mind Weaver as our fourth or fifth starter, just aslong as he is happy (or atleast not mad) he is here.

I agree. It could be one of those your problem for my problem trades. Weaver was pretty darn good before went to the Bronx. He is an ass, but the White Sox have wanted him since he was in Detroit. If he returned to form, like a Cal Eldred, he could be a steal to get in exchange for 1 or 2 bad contracts.