Honeywell DFA’d, Remillard optioned

Bob Sacamano

I probably would have hung onto Honeywell a bit longer.  Does anyone know if he's been outrighted before?

Gotta imagine Yaz is gone shortly when Seby is ready to come back and Lee is ready to get some PT up here. 

I'd like to see Thompson and Shaw let go as well.  Let's let the kids play. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd rather Remillard go than Sosa. 

Elvis is probably the closest thing to a leader the Sox have, so he's probably pretty safe for the rest of the season. 

I was just being snarky.  Getz has his chance to start running things his way and it's "Get rid of Remillard." I am so disspirited from the Getz/Dayton Moore news that I've become a Soxtalk nihilist.  I actually feel worse than I did before KW and Hahn were canned.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Bye bye Hamilton

Bittersweet, as I would have gone to a game if he started, including a September callup. Hopeful that a playoff team can use him as a 13th position player that can win a game with his speed and glove in the late innings.

He was my favorite player still in the organization from the past few seasons, with Abreu gone.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/08/white-sox-release-billy-hamilton.html

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Bittersweet, as I would have gone to a game if he started, including a September callup. Hopeful that a playoff team can use him as a 13th position player that can win a game with his speed and glove in the late innings.

He was my favorite player still in the organization from the past few seasons, with Abreu gone.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/08/white-sox-release-billy-hamilton.html

Get him on a team by Sept 1.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Getzy already making the tough decisions.  

It's like onboarding for a new job, they updated his credentials to all the software a GM uses and they have him doing real live training scenarios.   Already used the DFA function and Option function.   Wait til he finds out the "Sign Free Agent" Function has a $3 million max signing authority  with the only override being "Relief Pitcher."

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

What does Gavin Sheets have to do to get sent down? I'm convinced they aren't wasting his last option year on him this year in order to option him as depth for next year.

I honestly think that is it.  At this point, it makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake said:

Am I wrong for thinking Shaw is probably better/more valuable than Honeywell if we're focused solely on getting through the end of this season?

For a team thats on pace to lose 100 games, there is no reason to keep Shaw over Honeywell in my opinion.

• Like 2