Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Of course not, and if you think Garrett Crochet is only worth as much as Trevor Rogers, I’m not sure what to say.  But just because a better package of players than Norby and Stowers wasn’t traded for a starting pitcher doesn’t mean a better offer wasn’t on the table for Crochet.  The offers for Crochet were no doubt better than Norby and Stowers, but they still weren’t likely good enough.

Do you really think when Crochet is ultimately traded, likely in the offseason, the Sox aren’t going to get a better package than Norby and Stowers?

I think this year buying teams valued their prospects more than most years. I didn't see any players moving that I would have taken for Crochet. 

Like many people here I'm expecting him to fade hard and possibly spend some time on the IR. What that does to his value will depend on exactly what happens. My other guess is all the reasons we wanted him moved are the reasons other GMs weren't lined up giving away top 100 guys.

Unfortunately the only person that really matters in judging him is JR. Equally unfortunate is we don't know what criteria JR had for him. Maybe JR have him a warning, maybe he gave him a bonus. 

Getz took a 100 loss team and somehow made it the worst in modern baseball history.  Any semi-conscious owner would fire this clown at the end of the season, but alas this is just year one of a 10 journey with Getzy assuming Jerry lives that long.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Getz took a 100 loss team and somehow made it the worst in modern baseball history.  Any semi-conscious owner would fire this clown at the end of the season, but alas this is just year one of a 10 journey with Getzy assuming Jerry lives that long.

It is nearly impossible to make a 100 loss team 20 games worse, but kudos to Getz for figuring out how.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is nearly impossible to make a 100 loss team 20 games worse, but kudos to Getz for figuring out how.

A guy who was automatically and undeservedly promoted to GM of this team by a terrible owner is the worst GM in baseball.  Go figure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

george_burns.jpg

At this age, just setting my cigar in a holder is a thrill.

5 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I'm sure they took Fletcher because of service time remaining rather than talent. 

Man O' Vision Chris Getz knows that had Colas and Fletcher played 81 rounds each the Socks never would have a shot at 27-84. 

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Don't worry, only three more years left on his deal (allegedly)!

• Haha 1

It’s the butchering defense that drives home the White Sox experience when one takes the plunge of watching them play live. Routine double-play balls become multi-run-scoring errors. Soft line drives to outfielders become stand-up triples as the ball rolls to the wall. Catchers turn strikes into balls with well-below-average pitch framing and allow some of the highest stolen base totals in baseball. I do not recommend looking too closely at any given White Sox game, but the chances are overwhelming that you’ll see several of these things if you watch your favorite team play even one game against the South Siders. Big league ballplayers deserve our reverence, and even the schlubs on the White Sox are very good. But they look shockingly close to something less than a major league team.

https://slate.com/culture/2024/07/baseball-chicago-white-sox-trades-worst-mlb-team-ever.html

28 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Yeah he should have known he was going to need Tommy John surgery at the end of the season. 

I believe fathom was also referring to Thorpe’s bad past two starts and Zavala and Berroa also disappointing in the minors.

• Haha 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I believe fathom was also referring to Thorpe’s bad past two starts and Zavala and Berroa also disappointing in the minors.

Berroa is not part of the Cease trade. Iriarte has been up and down this year, but pretty good in his last two starts.

37 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Berroa is not part of the Cease trade. Iriarte has been up and down this year, but pretty good in his last two starts.

Yep, sorry, typo.  I had Berroa on the mind because he was just called up.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Weird he had two bad starts in a row and is now hurt. Probably not related, though. Surely. 

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

RE:  Our Owner.

Can any of his Partners step in and try to get Jerry removed?

No they can not unless they feel he has done something illegal or is doing something fiscally irresponsible. Even then they'd have to prove it.

Get used to it, he is here and in charge until he is no longer with us. 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think if Jerry has any integrity, he has to fire Getz at the end of the season and hire a GM from outside the organization.  He can’t wait another year or the damage may prove crippling for the franchise.

It’s already too late, my friend. Come to grips with that. The fanbase in this city is changed forever.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

It’s already too late, my friend. Come to grips with that. The fanbase in this city is changed forever.

A sliver of hope could be what happened in Baltimore. Peter Angelos was loathed by the O's fan base and the team sucked. 

New ownership has got the team back on the winning track.

I am assuming MLB will want an AL franchise in Chicago if a new owner buys the Sox.

On 7/31/2024 at 6:09 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

I think anyone with a working brain knew that this team would be worse than last year’s.