Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Getz was an obvious bad call to just about everyone but the White Sox. Can’t waste a year getting to wasting a decade.

There is no way that he should survive this train wreck of a season. He obviously cannot evaluate talent. Move on and try again....outside the damn organization this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any owner who had anything going for him would fire Grifol and Getz today. I have memories of some bad White Sox teams but absolutely nothing like this. Players have quit on this team. Players leave this team to make less elsewhere. This is the biggest joke played on fans. That is not a major league team out there.

JR just doesn't have any credibility. No one can look at this situation and not recognize massive changes have to be made. Next year will be another 100-loss season. What is he going to tell fans then? They are rebuilding and it will take time? And even if this so-called rebuild works, how many fans will the team have left by then? 4? 5? Maybe one day the team will lose only 90.

• Like 2

Jerry has to clean house to have a chance to retain any fan support. If he doesn't, baseball will lose part of a generation in Chicago. Not every kid will become a Cub fan. 

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Zavala hasn’t had a multiple hit game in his last 28 games, and he only has 7 multiple hit games all season. What the hell do they teach these guys?

"How to play baseball the right way."

Is Paul Janish the second worst director of player development in White Sox history?

• Paper Bag 1

23 hours ago, Snopek said:

It’s hard to fathom that the Sox, as an organization, are in the same professional league as all these other orgs.

It’s like sending a toddler to college.

It’s not hard to fathom.  @fathom has been all over this guy as being a poor GM for awhile now.  ?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I just hope Getz put together a team he likes. 

That quote should follow him until the end of time should he pull off creating the worst team record in the history of the game 

• Like 1

Chris Getz said his #1 priority this offseason was fixing the defense.  We are currently ranked dead last in Fangraphs’ defensive value.  At the same time, he’s managed to build the worst offense in baseball with a wRC+ 27% below league average.  When you combine both offense and defense, our positional group has put up negative 5.9 fWAR this year.  That’s 8.6 fWAR worse than the 29th team and 31.4 fWAR worse than the best team.  Just playing a team full of AAAA dudes would theoretically result in a better team by six wins.  I mean, if that shouldn’t get you fired, then I’m not sure what does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Chris Getz said his #1 priority this offseason was fixing the defense.  We are currently ranked dead last in Fangraphs’ defensive value.  At the same time, he’s managed to build the worst offense in baseball with a wRC+ 27% below league average.  When you combine both offense and defense, our positional group has put up negative 5.9 fWAR this year.  That’s 8.6 fWAR worse than the 29th team and 31.4 fWAR worse than the best team.  Just playing a team full of AAAA dudes would theoretically result in a better team by six wins.  I mean, if that shouldn’t get you fired, then I’m not sure what does.

Screenshot_20240604_213822_Gallery.jpg

David Eckstein will save us all!

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Don’t ask questions you don’t want answers to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I looked it up, and this team has even managed to be 4 games worse than their expected record.

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Getz has actually done multiple positive things. I’m not sure Grifol is actually good at anything. 

He's also done multiple negative things. At some point 27-88, an unfathomable record, needs some accountability. The whole place should be cleaned out. It won't obviously, but the inac tion so far is a middle finger to the fanbase. Hopefully, the fanbase gives it right back.Pedro is a premier brown nose. What he was saying about JR in the papers was beyond laughable. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Getz has actually done multiple positive things. I’m not sure Grifol is actually good at anything. 

Signing Fedde was great (although I think the return on that trade is going to negate a lot of the good feelings there) and letting Crochet start (which Crochet was the one pushing for) was great.  I genuinely can't think of anything else.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It doesn't matter who the GM is as long as JR owns the team.  They will not have the authority to sign a big free agent.  It's going to be a perpetual cycle of aging vets, sub-par former potential stars, and youngsters.

But, a competent manager could do something with a ragtag roster.  Grifol is bad at his job.  I do think with a better manager, this team is not in the situation there are now.  No, I'm not saying they're significantly better, but they'd be in a position where players actually try.  Miguel Vargas' face last night says it all.  They are miserable.