Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Signing Fedde was great (although I think the return on that trade is going to negate a lot of the good feelings there) and letting Crochet start (which Crochet was the one pushing for) was great.  I genuinely can't think of anything else.

The Fedde signing, starting Crochet, the Grossman trade, and the Eloy trade.  That’s all I’ve got.  But the return on the Fedde trade and Getz supposedly being unwilling to trade him within the division to the Twins for one of their top prospects puts a downer on the entire Fedde acquisition.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Signing Fedde was great (although I think the return on that trade is going to negate a lot of the good feelings there) and letting Crochet start (which Crochet was the one pushing for) was great.  I genuinely can't think of anything else.

This right here.  if you didn't maximize a trade return for Fedde, his signing was pointless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of the biggest jokes is hearing Getz and Pedro talk about how JR “wants to win.”  Listen…JR does NOT care about winning.  Billionaires who want to win do what it takes to win.  They spend money.  They don’t tolerate losing.  They invest in coaching, resources, prospecting.  They invest in their fan base to keep energy around their team.  They target the BEST available people—whether it be players, managers, front office, etc.   They simply do not allow their franchise to decay in any way that would affect winning.  This is not Jerry.  He wants to lose.  He’s good at losing.  He practices losing.  He has all the assets available TO win but chooses to LOSE.  

Frankly, it’s insulting every time I hear how bad Jerry “wants to win.”  Give me a break.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, FT35 said:

One of the biggest jokes is hearing Getz and Pedro talk about how JR “wants to win.”  Listen…JR does NOT care about winning.  Billionaires who want to win do what it takes to win.  They spend money.  They don’t tolerate losing.  They invest in coaching, resources, prospecting.  They invest in their fan base to keep energy around their team.  They target the BEST available people—whether it be players, managers, front office, etc.   They simply do not allow their franchise to decay in any way that would affect winning.  This is not Jerry.  He wants to lose.  He’s good at losing.  He practices losing.  He has all the assets available TO win but chooses to LOSE.  

Frankly, it’s insulting every time I hear how bad Jerry “wants to win.”  Give me a break.

They don't talk about what JR wants to "win" at. It can be true, but just not about baseball.

4 minutes ago, JoeC said:

They don't talk about what JR wants to "win" at. It can be true, but just not about baseball.

How great the .400 win% teams that he’s willing to finance suddenly look next to the .200 team.

He did a few good things, but he's really fallen apart with the trades.  The best thing he did was signing Fedde: he heeded the advice of Bannister, the one adult he hired.

The other team got precisely what it wanted on his trades:  the specific player they wanted, 40-man relief or both.  Getz, in turn, received  what the other team was willing to give him:  Vargas, who can't play a position, as a headliner, for example.

The Fedde/Kopech/Pham trade was an absolute abomination. 

As for Pedro, his salary is a whopping $1 mill.  JR has dumped much more than that in dead money before.  Getz likes Pedro; he thinks he's a good baseball mind.

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The fact that is has reached this point, and every decision maker still has their job shows there is a lack of competiteness with the organization. How they can't be embarrassed beyond belief is stunning. 

It's honestly amazing. I just want to see how bad it can get before there are any changes (I actually don't want them to fire Pedro because I want every loss on his record haha)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It's honestly amazing. I just want to see how bad it can get before there are any changes (I actually don't want them to fire Pedro because I want every loss on his record haha)

I'm kind of like that, but then not. It's weird, but i think where I am is if they aren't going to start having people walk the plank, I hope they get every dubious record out there. If they start letting this morons go, I hope they avoid them.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm kind of like that, but then not. It's weird, but i think where I am is if they aren't going to start having people walk the plank, I hope they get every dubious record out there. If they start letting this morons go, I hope they avoid them.

It doesn't even matter until Jerry is gone. If people are canned, they just promote from within. I've become numb to it.

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

It doesn't even matter until Jerry is gone. If people are canned, they just promote from within. I've become numb to it.

I was the fool that thought at least Getz wasn't Hahn. He makes Hahn look like Scheurholz.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I was the fool that thought at least Getz wasn't Hahn. He makes Hahn look like Scheurholz.

I really think Hahn having Kenny Williams around to bounce things off of, and run things through, kept things on a relatively leveled path.  With an FNG running an organization with just Jerry and probably TLR to go to for advice, it isn't a huge surprise this thing is quickly circling the drain.

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I really think Hahn having Kenny Williams around to bounce things off of, and run things through, kept things on a relatively leveled path.  With an FNG running an organization with just Jerry and probably TLR to go to for advice, it isn't a huge surprise this thing is quickly circling the drain.

Cognitive tests in this organization are way overdue. 

56 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If he hasn't been fired after everything that has happened/is happening this season, I can't imagine what it would actually take to fire him before the end of the season.

It certainly seems like they just accepted this season is a lost cause and there is no reason to do anything about it until its over.

6 hours ago, FT35 said:

It's like when Virginia gets angry when the Bears lose to the Packers.  Mom and Pop owners which both of these are take the money and run.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Fedde signing, starting Crochet, the Grossman trade, and the Eloy trade.  That’s all I’ve got.  But the return on the Fedde trade and Getz supposedly being unwilling to trade him within the division to the Twins for one of their top prospects puts a downer on the entire Fedde acquisition.

Pretty sure Fedde was in demand. Nice work Getz. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Having Chris in-house sped up the rebuild by like 50 years. 

On 8/3/2024 at 11:10 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

I believe based on his history he personally considers it fiscally irresponsible to pay an individual that much money.

Remember he's the guy who told MJ that he (meaning JR) would regret paying him that salary.

Jerry's pathetic attempt at a sense of humor.  He'll be here all week. But he should quit his day job.  Man's got a god given gift for saying the wrong thing.

7 hours ago, FranksPillz said:

Hey Guys - 

Just got here.

We firing Getz or Grifol or what?   

Neither has 30 wins and its already August.

I’ll find out and let you know when I know 

21 hours ago, JoeC said:

Except he would be twice as rich if he just did whats needed to run a modern day sports organization in one of the biggest markets in north america. Not just with the White Sox, but the Bulls too. The latter franchise had the whole international market by the balls and even though its still doing well just imagine if Reinsdorf didn't get in the way. 

I dont get how Jerry wins by actively trying to dwindle the fanbase. It makes no sense. Doesn't he make more money with more people watching on TV and 30k+ crowds every night? That is what he would have if he would have just hired a competent FO years back. 

43 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Except he would be twice as rich if he just did whats needed to run a modern day sports organization in one of the biggest markets in north america. Not just with the White Sox, but the Bulls too. The latter franchise had the whole international market by the balls and even though its still doing well just imagine if Reinsdorf didn't get in the way. 

I dont get how Jerry wins by actively trying to dwindle the fanbase. It makes no sense. Doesn't he make more money with more people watching on TV and 30k+ crowds every night? That is what he would have if he would have just hired a competent FO years back. 

I have no disagreements with what you say.