Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

4 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

First name popped up and I said "ehhh" and then Braden popped up and I've never stopped watching a video quicker.

they absolutely roast this miserable team and it's glorious, sorry you missed it.

one great quote:

"Imagine going to the colosseum and you're the team that's embarrassed" 

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

they absolutely roast this miserable team and it's glorious, sorry you missed it.

one great quote:

"Imagine going to the colosseum and you're the team that's embarrassed" 

I will have you know I have Soxtalk for that!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tray said:

Getz mapped out a long term strategy (and career for himself)  by preparing ownership and  fans not to expect results any time soon. 

And who promoted him undeservedly?  The worst owner in baseball, mostly because Getz was a loyal peon.  It always starts at the top.  Sh1t only flows downhill.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

That Fedde trade sure is looking Iike a joke, especially when it was considered a sellers market.

I basically just wanted to say that to bump this thread because it never should be close to leaving page 1.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A.J. reiterated his comments about Getz to the Tribune Saturday before the game. Those comments he made initially got him fired as a club ambassador. (I wonder if he'll be invited to Sox Fest next winter...if they go through with having it):

“You get a free shot to talk to 29 other teams’ best guys,” Pierzynski said Saturday. “Why would you not use that, even if (Getz is) the right choice? Hell, you might learn something about why this team does this or that. It might help you when you get hired.”

The problen with Getz is really this was the key part of the rebuild it honestly won't matter all that much who is GM after Crochet and Roberts is moved. Firing him after allowing him to make bad trade after bad trade and tearing down the roster isn't going to change much in the near term. 

8 hours ago, wegner said:

Bump.

Found this thread on the 2nd page so placing it where it belongs.

No reason for this man to be employed after this season.

There really isn't.  In terms Jr can understand, every year he is the GM is a wasted year.

• Love 1

If Reinsdorf wants to improve this team, he would hand Orioles GM Mike Elias a blank check to fill out for his salary/contract.  The guy is a wizard GM and puts Getz to shame.  Remember how he passed on Crochet and Fedde?  Elfin is now 4-0 with a 2.13 ERA in an Orioles uniform.  Trevor Rogers, not so good, but I assume he was just insurance.

“Zach Eflin recorded a season-high eight strikeouts and yielded one run over six innings on Thursday in a win over the Red Sox.

Eflin has notched at least seven strikeouts in three of his four starts since coming over from the Rays at last month’s trade deadline. The 30-year-old right-hander, who generated 12 swinging strikes and finished with a 31 percent CSW in this one, limited Boston’s red-hot lineup to just five hits with a fourth-inning homer by rookie Wilyer Abreu representing the lone tally against him over six frames. He holds a sublime 2.13 ERA, 1.03 WHIP and 25/2 K/BB ratio across 25 1/3 innings (four starts) for the Orioles since July 29. He’ll aim to keep the momentum going on Tuesday when he faces the Mets at Citi Field.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Bump back to page 1 where this belongs.

I, for one, prefer to take a person at their word. Chris Getz said that he expected to be able to build a team that could compete this season. I don't want to call the man a liar so I am going to assume that he thinks this bullpen was not going to be a trainwreck. I am also going to assume that he thought this offense he put together could actually score runs. Therefore I need to come to the conclusion that Getz has absolutely no idea how to evaluate talent. Add to that the fact that everyone said this trade deadline was an absolute sellers market and he clearly did not take advantage of it. 

What I think I am trying to say is.....Fire Chris Getz before this gets any worse. Thank you for your time.

23 minutes ago, wegner said:

I, for one, prefer to take a person at their word. Chris Getz said that he expected to be able to build a team that could compete this season. I don't want to call the man a liar so I am going to assume that he thinks this bullpen was not going to be a trainwreck. I am also going to assume that he thought this offense he put together could actually score runs. Therefore I need to come to the conclusion that Getz has absolutely no idea how to evaluate talent. Add to that the fact that everyone said this trade deadline was an absolute sellers market and he clearly did not take advantage of it. 

What I think I am trying to say is.....Fire Chris Getz before this gets any worse. Thank you for your time.

Somehow his trades look worse as each day goes by.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wegner said:

I really hope he was lying because the alternate is much worse

• Like 1