Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

23 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We were promised the second coming of Branch Rickey...hitting the ground running since he already knew the ins and outs of the Sox system.

I mean, I don't think anyone expected Getz to identify several Hall of Famers.

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This thread is humorous to me. Chris Getz is in year one. I can’t argue that he’s good but he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. What a massive waste of time. 

Meaning no offense, but it’s my understanding that you report on the Sox in some capacity?

Given that, I understand why you would take a more conservative approach to criticizing any aspect of the team as that can play into access to the team.

The rest of us don’t have that issue. We can let loose and blow off some steam. The guy sucks. We don’t want him making decisions anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

Seriously though, Getz had one edict: Not chronically f*** up, basically the same as Pedro.

So far, he's the Pedro of GMs. He even built the roster that Pedro couldn't do anything with.

And i have said this a million times, and will say it once more, but I don't blame Getz for getting us to a 61 win team last year.  I won't hold guys like Benny, Yoan, Eloy, etc over him.  I will judge him for what he has done since he got here a year ago, which is based on his moves that have managed to bleed 20 wins out of a 60 win team.  Despite having some insanely high end talent, he hasn't managed to add nearly enough young talent to the system.  We still trail not only the AL Central in real time, but almost all of the AL Central in terms of farm system.  It's hard to make up ground when your future view is also behind everyone else.  His biggest trade this year of Fedde which resulted in a former top prospect coming to the Sox was made based on the recommendation not of a scout, but an assistant hitting coach who was also fired weeks later.  When you see that from the outside, how do you feel like we are going in the right direction?   Outside of Brian Bannister, literally all I have seen is that apparently this is everyone else's fault, except the guy who was in charge of the minor league system which hasn't been able to produce one every day starter this year, in a year with literally no standards as to who gets put on to the active roster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And i have said this a million times, and will say it once more, but I don't blame Getz for getting us to a 61 win team last year.  I won't hold guys like Benny, Yoan, Eloy, etc over him.  I will judge him for what he has done since he got here a year ago, which is based on his moves that have managed to bleed 20 wins out of a 60 win team.  Despite having some insanely high end talent, he hasn't managed to add nearly enough young talent to the system.  We still trail not only the AL Central in real time, but almost all of the AL Central in terms of farm system.  It's hard to make up ground when your future view is also behind everyone else.  His biggest trade this year of Fedde which resulted in a former top prospect coming to the Sox was made based on the recommendation not of a scout, but an assistant hitting coach who was also fired weeks later.  When you see that from the outside, how do you feel like we are going in the right direction?   Outside of Brian Bannister, literally all I have seen is that apparently this is everyone else's fault, except the guy who was in charge of the minor league system which hasn't been able to produce one every day starter this year, in a year with literally no standards as to who gets put on to the active roster.

Even worse, it was just over one week.

Miguel Vargas was acquired on 7/29/2024.

Assistant hitting coach Mike Tosar was fired on 8/8/2024.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would settle for several major leaguers at this point.

This.  How many guys on the 26 man roster are actually MLB players for a contending team?  I’d say maybe 5.

Garrett Crochet could play for any team in the league.

Most teams would take Luis Robert and find him a spot unless they already have an all star CF.

Korey Lee could probably be a young depth catcher somewhere but he’s not the primary for a real team right now.

Maybe Davis Martin if he can continue his recent performance.  

I don’t really see anyone else.

12 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

How many AAA teams could go toe to toe with Getz' White Sox?

The lineup is pretty consistently close to a zero cumulative WAR so…it would probably be pretty competitive.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

This.  How many guys on the 26 man roster are actually MLB players for a contending team?  I’d say maybe 5.

Garrett Crochet could play for any team in the league.

Most teams would take Luis Robert and find him a spot unless they already have an all star CF.

Korey Lee could probably be a young depth catcher somewhere but he’s not the primary for a real team right now.

Maybe Davis Martin if he can continue his recent performance.  

I don’t really see anyone else.

Cannon as a back of rotation innings eater is about it.  

2 hours ago, fathom said:

No doubt in my mind the organization is in a worst spot today than when Getz took over.  Biggest reason is lack of upside prospects retained for Cease and the tanking of so many prospects.  

Good thing the guy in charge of those prospects and player development is no longer in that role. Too bad he's now the GM, in a position where his incompetence has a much larger impact. Fucking clownshoes organization. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

They just optioned Bryan Ramos back to Charlotte to make room for Jacob Amaya. HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshahWhat in the actual f***?

Oscar Colas...come on down.

I can't imagine why any Hispanic player would want to be anywhere around the White Sox now, if you throw in Robert's darkest thoughts about quitting the sport.

Grandal Moncada and Eloy just about imploded...and Abreu very nearly with the Sox for his nadir.

Then you have Vargas looking like a lost/abandoned puppy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

No doubt in my mind the organization is in a worst spot today than when Getz took over.  Biggest reason is lack of upside prospects retained for Cease and the tanking of so many prospects.  

Luis Robert has depreciated as an asset as well.  Lost a year of control and he has been terrible at the plate and in the field this year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Luis Robert has depreciated as an asset as well.  Lost a year of control and he has been terrible at the plate and in the field this year.  

Yet most former players in their prime years are playing much better away from the cesspool.

Not shocking at all from a human psychology stand point.

Then you have had the constant trade rumors....losing most of his teammates and returning to the field before he was 100% ready, just like his last major groin injury.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2024 at 8:36 AM, Harry Chappas said:

Are you saying that you think he is not a complete failure as an employee of the Chicago White Sox?   How log of a rope does he get for hiring Bannister?  That is the only thing he has done right. 

I'm not sure that that is the only thing he's done right. It hasn't gone well so far. I need more time though. 

On 8/27/2024 at 8:47 AM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sure, but that’s because Reinsdorf is gonna Reinsdorf.

That doesn’t mean Getz ever deserved the job to begin with or deserves to keep it.

The early results of Getz’s biggest moves this season have been that they are colossal failures.

And if this is how bad he looks in his first year, with most of his moves backfiring, who the hell wants him making future moves in his second, third, and additional future years as the Sox GM?

I need to see what moves are made on the front office side this offseason. It's a really important winter. 

23 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Meaning no offense, but it’s my understanding that you report on the Sox in some capacity?

Given that, I understand why you would take a more conservative approach to criticizing any aspect of the team as that can play into access to the team.

The rest of us don’t have that issue. We can let loose and blow off some steam. The guy sucks. We don’t want him making decisions anymore.

I run the White Sox prospect blog, FutureSox. I really don't get very much access and it doesn't influence my coverage. I criticize the team all the time when I feel it's warranted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm not sure that that is the only thing he's done right. It hasn't gone well so far. I need more time though. 

I need to see what moves are made on the front office side this offseason. It's a really important winter. 

I run the White Sox prospect blog, FutureSox. I really don't get very much access and it doesn't influence my coverage. I criticize the team all the time when I feel it's warranted. 

I’m curious what moves you think they may make.  I doubt they are very active in free agency, other than dumpster diving / signing flip candidates due to where they are at competitively.  The only really exciting move we can anticipate is likely a Crochet trade because Robert has and continues to tank his trade value.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Of the 9 relievers that started the season, exactly zero are currently in the 26 man roster.  This organization from top to bottom simple cannot adequately evaluate players.

The biggest Chris Getz apologist on this board told us he built a lockdown bullpen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Of the 9 relievers that started the season, exactly zero are currently in the 26 man roster.  This organization from top to bottom simple cannot adequately evaluate players.

And don’t forget about the relievers that were with the Sox at some point that Getz dumped and are now productive with other teams.

Jake Cousins

Jesse Chavez

Declan Cronin

Tim Hill

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And don’t forget about the relievers that were with the Sox at some point that Getz dumped and are now productive with other teams.

Jake Cousins

Jesse Chavez

Declan Cronin

Tim Hill

Don’t forget Kopech has a 0.73 ERA and .486 WHIP with the Dodgers so far and was essentially traded for nothing since the 3 team deal included Fedde and Pham.

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m curious what moves you think they may make.  I doubt they are very active in free agency, other than dumpster diving / signing flip candidates due to where they are at competitively.  The only really exciting move we can anticipate is likely a Crochet trade because Robert has and continues to tank his trade value.

I'm not talking about personnel moves. Manager from the outside, new international director and new facility in the DR plus a director of hitting. If he does those things, I'll feel much better. 

• Like 1