Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm not talking about personnel moves. Manager from the outside, new international director and new facility in the DR plus a director of hitting. If he does those things, I'll feel much better. 

That would be a start at improving things.

We'll see if it actually comes to pass. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm not talking about personnel moves. Manager from the outside, new international director and new facility in the DR plus a director of hitting. If he does those things, I'll feel much better. 

Well now that the Royals are good again he can just hit them up for a couple people.

Making these moves are great if they go to people that are competent within competent organizations.

The fact Barfield failed on the Fletcher trade give me the impression Getz isn't very good at hiring the right people. 

Bannister is the only glimmer of hope but at the bullpen gives me pause on that currently.

Schumaker is the next manager.   

One thing that needs to be done, no matter what his supposed role is, LaRussa needs to go away. Since his managerial career ended the first time he helped run the D Backs into the ground, went to Boston, Dombrowski got fired. Went to Anaheim, they haven't been above .500 in 9 seasons. Then helped the White Sox reach depths the likes you have never seen. Seems to be a pattern.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

One thing that needs to be done, no matter what his supposed role is, LaRussa needs to go away. Since his managerial career ended the first time he helped run the D Backs into the ground, went to Boston, Dombrowski got fired. Went to Anaheim, they haven't been above .500 in 9 seasons. Then helped the White Sox reach depths the likes you have never seen. Seems to be a pattern.

I didn't even know about the Angels or Red Sox stints.

Ban this man.

59 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

Getz saying the rebuild will take a long time is the obvious way of telling fans the team is not going to spend money in the next off season. Yes, he needs to go.

But this is a much bigger problem than Chris Getz. The whole organization needs an overhaul, and a ton of money needs to be spent. Telling fans to wait for a rebuild to work is like telling passengers on the Titanic to keep bailing.

Someone close to JR has to try to get through to him. This franchise has become a laughingstock and making a few changes here and there isn't going to help. Right now, there is no reason for any fan to go to any game. This is not a major league organization. Talk of a new stadium only makes things worse. We fans should just laugh, because the Chicago White Sox are a complete joke.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Highland said:

Getz saying the rebuild will take a long time is the obvious way of telling fans the team is not going to spend money in the next off season. Yes, he needs to go.

But this is a much bigger problem than Chris Getz. The whole organization needs an overhaul, and a ton of money needs to be spent. Telling fans to wait for a rebuild to work is like telling passengers on the Titanic to keep bailing.

Someone close to JR has to try to get through to him. This franchise has become a laughingstock and making a few changes here and there isn't going to help. Right now, there is no reason for any fan to go to any game. This is not a major league organization. Talk of a new stadium only makes things worse. We fans should just laugh, because the Chicago White Sox are a complete joke.

They don’t even want to admit this is a down to the studs rebuild. They are not dealing with reality, and MLB needs to step in, This is a charter franchise in the 3rd largest market in the country. There are lemonade stands run better than this. JR needs to sell or let someone competent make the decisions. Even when he finally does something right like firing KW and RH, he wrongs that right with Chris Getz, who will be happy to give you a 7 year rebuild. That’s 7 years of GM paychecks he wouldn’t get anywhere else, and I’m sure he knows it.

JR has no schtick. He uses the same one he always has, he’s at the mercy of his dumbest competitor. Think what the rest of the AL Central must think of him. The highest payroll in the division and a record no one in MLB history has ever been as bad or worse through 136 games.

And in the midst of this unprecedented run of awfulness, he sends Roger Bossard out to the 78 to build a makeshift infield to remind people what the can have if they just build it for him. f*** HIM.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They don’t even want to admit this is a down to the studs rebuild. They are not dealing with reality, and MLB needs to step in, This is a charter franchise in the 3rd largest market in the country. There are lemonade stands run better than this. JR needs to sell or let someone competent make the decisions. Even when he finally does something right like firing KW and RH, he wrongs that right with Chris Getz, who will be happy to give you a 7 year rebuild. That’s 7 years of GM paychecks he wouldn’t get anywhere else, and I’m sure he knows it.

JR has no schtick. He uses the same one he always has, he’s at the mercy of his dumbest competitor. Think what the rest of the AL Central must think of him. The highest payroll in the division and a record no one in MLB history has ever been as bad or worse through 136 games.

And in the midst of this unprecedented run of awfulness, he sends Roger Bossard out to the 78 to build a makeshift infield to remind people what the can have if they just build it for him. f*** HIM.

Yes, the stuff about the proposed stadium is getting sickening. I hope it never happens.

And, yes, there is no sense of reality within this organization. Only the most gullible is buying the rebuild story, a rebuild that will never produce a winner. Yet, we hear a lot about a milkshake.

Next year is the 20th anniversary of the World Series championship. The team hasn't come close since. And how are they going to celebrate this anniversary? With another 100-loss season and the hopes of a new stadium?  I swear, it can't get any worse than this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Highland said:

Multiple stories have already come out saying next year's payroll will be around 100 million and no meaningful free agent activity will take place.

From my sources for a story I did in November 2022:

“People, his friends… have tried to tell him what has been going on, “Hawk” Harrelson, the late Ed Farmer… God rest his soul, Darrin Jackson, Scott Reifert (Author’s Note: Scott is the Senior Vice-President for Communications) , Bob Grim and others but it’s just not registering for some reason.”

“JR has become oblivious to things and what he’s allowed to happen is sad. He’s probably the most successful owner in Chicago sports history given the Bulls titles and the White Sox one which is dear to his heart, but what has happened the last two years is just sad. He is out-of-touch. And even worse he’s inaccessible. He’s either afraid of having to answer questions or he’s incapable of doing so.”

5 minutes ago, Johno said:

Seeing the talent on Baltimore versus the garbage we are throwing out there is almost unbelievable.   The entire organization needs to be blown up and start all over again.   

It’s like watching a really good HS team against major leaguers.  It’s not a fair fight. 

Edited by JTB
It’s
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s like watching a really good HS team against major leaguers.  Its not a fair fight. 

And that’s why I hate all the excuses that get made for Getz. He took an awful team and made it the worst ever without really stacking our farm system.  His talent evaluation is going to make it even more impossible to turn this around.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

And that’s why I hate all the excuses that get made for Getz. He took an awful team and made it the worst ever without really stacking our farm system.  His talent evaluation is going to make it even more impossible to turn this around.

Spot on!!!!   If we landed some soon to be ready talent in any of these trades, I’d have some optimism.   By the way, Check out the batting average of the outfielder we landed in the Cease trade, he’s batting about 150…… just brutal

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Don't you see? Of every GM ever in the history of baseball, Getz walked into a uniquely challenging position. While they all managed to avoid being the worst ever, he really had no path.

33 minutes ago, Quin said:

Don't you see? Of every GM ever in the history of baseball, Getz walked into a uniquely challenging position. While they all managed to avoid being the worst ever, he really had no path.

We don't have access to what player combinations have been available in trade.

We certainly know there's about 15-20 FA's on the pitching and positional side that he failed to contact, as opposed to how that money was actually spent.

If we keep making excuses about the 15-20% "SOX FA SURCHARGE," they might as well just fold up the franchise and give up attempting to compete.

GETZ DOESN'T HAVE A BONE OF CREATIVITY IN HIS BODY.  Or that entrepreneurial, "risk taking" gene like a KW or AJ Preller. He certainly doesn't have the PR game down pat, like Hahn and Williams at least managed.

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We don't have access to what player combinations have been available in trade.

We certainly know there's about 15-20 FA's on the pitching and positional side that he failed to contact, as opposed to how that money was actually spent.

If we keep making excuses about the 15-20% "SOX FA SURCHARGE," they might as well just fold up the franchise and give up attempting to compete.

GETZ DOESN'T HAVE A BONE OF CREATIVITY IN HIS BODY.  Or that entrepreneurial, "risk taking" gene like a KW or AJ Preller. He certainly doesn't have the PR game down pat, like Hahn and Williams at least managed.

Kenny Williams and the PR game?  

Chris Getz should be banished from baseball and forced to live his remaining days on a desert island with his former partner in crime Rick Hahn.  This 2024 squad is the biggest embarrassment in the history of professional sports and dude should not be given a second chance under any circumstance.

• Like 3