Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And call it what you want notice even on the game day side with all of the changes literally one guy on this offense has had a respectable 2nd half in Benny.  Everyone else is still between mediocre and awful.

Must want to help get himself and Crochet traded as a package.

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

Getz once again seems so pleased today to say they won’t go after significant free agents

Zero pressure on him not having to allocate $50-75 million to one player…just the usual cast of characters like a Kyle Hendricks or Maldonado just struggling to hang around for one more season in the majors.

Pretty sure he would turn down the Sox though and simply retire.

No matter what he does the team will turn a profit again for JR.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Lots of talk out of Minnesota that Luke K. is going to be their starting 1B next year while he recovers from TJ like Harper did.

Raving about his athletic ability, preparation, game/situational awareness.

Talking about what to do with Santana Kiriloff Julien etc.  Jeffers went from All Star first half to second half collapse.

At any rate...would have been cheaper and likely much better offensive replacement for Vaughn.  And eventually 2B.

Since 1969 and the advent of division play there have been 93 different occurrences where a team has lost 100 or more games in a season.  In those 55 years there have been countless tanks, front office firings, and all sorts of ways to fail.  Only one of those teams has proceeded to lose more than 120 games the next season.  

On 9/26/2024 at 7:51 PM, caulfield12 said:

Lots of talk out of Minnesota that Luke K. is going to be their starting 1B next year while he recovers from TJ like Harper did.

Raving about his athletic ability, preparation, game/situational awareness.

Talking about what to do with Santana Kiriloff Julien etc.  Jeffers went from All Star first half to second half collapse.

At any rate...would have been cheaper and likely much better offensive replacement for Vaughn.  And eventually 2B.

Is there any doubt he will outhit Vargas?  I have zero doubts.  The Dodgers dumped Vargas and Luke Keaschall was developed in the Twins farm system.

Is the math correct?  The Sox currently have 18 former players in the postseason?

Carlos Rodon
Dylan Cease
Jose Quintana
Chris Sale

Aaron Bummer

Jake Cousins
Reynaldo Lopez
Michael Kopech

Frankie Montas
Jose Ruiz
Tanner Banks
Ian Hamilton
Tommy Kahnle
Tim Hill

James McCann
Tommy Pham
Paul DeJong

Tatis Jr.

Obviously the hitters are weak but imagine that pitching staff…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rusty said:

Is the math correct?  The Sox currently have 18 former players in the postseason?

Carlos Rodon
Dylan Cease
Jose Quintana
Chris Sale

Aaron Bummer

Jake Cousins
Reynaldo Lopez
Michael Kopech

Frankie Montas
Jose Ruiz
Tanner Banks
Ian Hamilton
Tommy Kahnle
Tim Hill

James McCann
Tommy Pham
Paul DeJong

Tatis Jr.

You're forgetting the Dodgers, Lynn Kelly Hudson, etc.

Royals' LHR Sam Long pitched for Kanny in 2019 before becoming a minor league FA

LHP Jesse Chavez was released out of ST and immediately picked up by ATL, pitched along with Bummer in relief

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, Rusty said:

Carlos Rodon
Dylan Cease
Jose Quintana
Chris Sale

Aaron Bummer

Jake Cousins
Reynaldo Lopez
Michael Kopech

Frankie Montas
Jose Ruiz
Tanner Banks
Ian Hamilton
Tommy Kahnle
Tim Hill

James McCann
Tommy Pham
Paul DeJong

Tatis Jr.

Obviously nitpicking here, but you can choose either Cease or Quintana, since they were traded for each other.

I’d be curious to see what other non-playoff teams have more ex-players on them than we do.

• Like 1

Does Chris Getz deserve to be fired, yes.  Do Sox fans deserve a competent owner, yes.

If you tell me Chris Getz should never have been hired as the GM I would agree with you. 

We are stuck with both of them for now, all I ask is Abe Reinsdorf stays out of the way and lets Getz run the club and make changes as he sees fit. I am not giving Getz a vote of confidence but as a fan it's the only hope I have.  In 4-6 years from now when both Jerry and Chris are gone maybe some superstars evolve out of the Scouting changes taking place.

In the meantime, as PT Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute." That would be me cheering the Sox winning 5 out of 6 the last week of the season.

Edited by Falstaff
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Does Chris Getz deserve to be fired, yes.  Do Sox fans deserve a competent owner, yes.

If you tell me Chris Getz should never have been hired as the GM I would agree with you. 

We are stuck with both of them for now, all I ask is Abe Reinsdorf stays out of the way and lets Getz run the club and make changes as he sees fit. I am not giving Getz a vote of confidence but as a fan it's the only hope I have.  In 4-6 years from now when both Jerry and Chris are gone maybe some superstars evolve out of the Scouting changes taking place.

In the meantime, as PT Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute." That would be me cheering the Sox winning 5 out of 6 the last week of the season.

I agree 100% on Getz. Given the situation, JR staying out of the way to let Getz do his thing is the closest thing to realistic hope that we have.

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

Obviously nitpicking here, but you can choose either Cease or Quintana, since they were traded for each other.

I’d be curious to see what other non-playoff teams have more ex-players on them than we do.

I’m curious on that too.  It seems like an awful lot, especially for a team that broke the all time loss record but I really don’t know since MLB players do move around quite a bit.  

11 hours ago, Rusty said:

Carlos Rodon
Dylan Cease
Jose Quintana
Chris Sale

Aaron Bummer

Jake Cousins
Reynaldo Lopez
Michael Kopech

Frankie Montas
Jose Ruiz
Tanner Banks
Ian Hamilton
Tommy Kahnle
Tim Hill

James McCann
Tommy Pham
Paul DeJong

Tatis Jr.

Accumulating all of that talent at once is the key. Some guys were traded for others, and some guys broke out elsewhere, etc. It's really a big picture indictment of how the Sox operate, and their failings as an organization.

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Accumulating all of that talent at once is the key. Some guys were traded for others, and some guys broke out elsewhere, etc. It's really a big picture indictment of how the Sox operate, and their failings as an organization.

That's the problem we have now.  We have a decent amount of pitching talent, but zero offense to surround them with, and a lot of closed doors to getting that talent.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

You're forgetting the Dodgers, Lynn Kelly Hudson, etc.

Royals' LHR Sam Long pitched for Kanny in 2019 before becoming a minor league FA

LHP Jesse Chavez was released out of ST and immediately picked up by ATL, pitched along with Bummer in relief

Lance Lynn was not on the dodgers this season, and Jesse Chavez?  lol come on

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's the problem we have now.  We have a decent amount of pitching talent, but zero offense to surround them with, and a lot of closed doors to getting that talent.

Yup. Which makes the Cease and Fedde trades look even more disastrous. Getz only has so many trade assets, and he fucked up two big ones already.

• Thanks 1