Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

51 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This came from Bob’s latest column, but if true, Getz should be relieved of his duties immediately:

I agree. Fedde is signed for 2025. The Sox will not be competitive then. Who gives a damn if Fedde beats them 6 times next year? Get the best player available!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I agree. Fedde is signed for 2025. The Sox will not be competitive then. Who gives a damn if Fedde beats them 6 times next year? Get the best player available!

Exactly.  And the Guardians have multiple positional prospects that could be matches for Fedde.  To purposely remove them from the equation is just plain dumb (again, assuming this is true in the first place).

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Exactly.  And the Guardians have multiple positional prospects that could be matches for Fedde.  To purposely remove them from the equation is just plain dumb (again, assuming this is true in the first place).

I doubt he’s removing they from the equation. He’s probably just asking for a premium, which for the time being is fine. If it ends on Tue without Fedde being traded, we can reevaluate. 

But it sure would be nice if he’d start to move the guys in the Pham, DeJong, Lopez, Kopech, Brebbia, Flexen, Banks group. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I doubt he’s removing they from the equation. He’s probably just asking for a premium, which for the time being is fine. If it ends on Tue without Fedde being traded, we can reevaluate. 

But it sure would be nice if he’d start to move the guys in the Pham, DeJong, Lopez, Kopech, Brebbia, Flexen, Banks group. 

Oh I fully agree, but even then, it’s absolutely ridiculous to suggest you’d need a premium to trade a guy under control for one more season within the division when you’re on pace for 120 losses.  All that being said, we’re just over two days away from the deadline and will have a better sense if Getz knows what he’s doing or not at that time.  But trying to pull off four or five trades on the final day would be a bad strategy, so hopefully something happens today or tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh I fully agree, but even then, it’s absolutely ridiculous to suggest you’d need a premium to trade a guy under control for one more season within the division when you’re on pace for 120 losses.  All that being said, we’re just over two days away from the deadline and will have a better sense if Getz knows what he’s doing or not at that time.  But trying to pull off four or five trades on the final day would be a bad strategy, so hopefully something happens today or tomorrow.

I’m with ya. I would have started moving the lower value guys right after the ASB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This came from Bob’s latest column, but if true, Getz should be relieved of his duties immediately:

I get not wanting to help a division rival, but it hardly matters when you’re gonna lose 120 games and have nothing to even build with yet. We are YEARS away from having to worry about competing against guys they traded away.

• Like 1

How come Getz doesn’t do a media scrum at the beginning of most homestand like Hahn did? Or does he and the media just doesn’t share anything from it because interest is so low?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hiding his shame.

It’s an honest question. It’s kind of part of the job. I know he’s done a couple of them, but nothing recently that I’ve seen covered. Hahn’s used to be findable on YouTube day of, and he did them at the beginning of most homestands. 

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

How come Getz doesn’t do a media scrum at the beginning of most homestand like Hahn did? Or does he and the media just doesn’t share anything from it because interest is so low?

He has occasionally met with the media this year during the season but I don't think it has been on a regular basis.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

It’s an honest question. It’s kind of part of the job. I know he’s done a couple of them, but nothing recently that I’ve seen covered. Hahn’s used to be findable on YouTube day of, and he did them at the beginning of most homestands. 

It is a good question.  He has done some because I have seen the tweets from the beat reporters on their Q/A interaction but it seems like he doesn’t consistently do it like Hahn did in the past.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Because whole organization is a bunch of cowards now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Jerry Dipoto, Mariners President of Baseball Operations, gets on Seattle local sports radio every week and, very often, stays on for an additional segment after his scheduled time.  The hosts don’t exactly lob softball questions the entire time either.  The Sox’ organization is filled with cowards.  They know that they are extorting the fan base and are scared to acknowledge it.  The media is scared to ask meaningful questions because they know Jerry will ex-communicate them.  Top to bottom, the most dysfunctional organization in professional sports.  

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, fathom said:

Not trading within the division seems like a Reinsdorf mandate

Sounds about right. One of those “old school” rules that that jerkoff would adhere to.

14 hours ago, Rusty said:

Jerry Dipoto, Mariners President of Baseball Operations, gets on Seattle local sports radio every week and, very often, stays on for an additional segment after his scheduled time.  The hosts don’t exactly lob softball questions the entire time either.  The Sox’ organization is filled with cowards.  They know that they are extorting the fan base and are scared to acknowledge it.  The media is scared to ask meaningful questions because they know Jerry will ex-communicate them.  Top to bottom, the most dysfunctional organization in professional sports.  

Could not have said it better.

I wonder if JR has woken up and neutered Getz.  The lack of movement seems strange and may be proof that the Williams/Hahn transactions last year and results of this year signal a change.  Did the corpse of TLR take over behind the scenes.

Going to be longer than the one year now that JR spoke of last year.  

JR is a horrible owner but he was never one to run this s%*# out there. His franchise is deteriorating and that does not benefit him.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

I wonder if JR has woken up and neutered Getz.  The lack of movement seems strange and may be proof that the Williams/Hahn transactions last year and results of this year signal a change.  Did the corpse of TLR take over behind the scenes.

Going to be longer than the one year now that JR spoke of last year.  

JR is a horrible owner but he was never one to run this s%*# out there. His franchise is deteriorating and that does not benefit him.

He's checked out. Like everyone says, no one wants to win more than him, but he wants to do it his way. Well his way is the operating word, and it's much more powerful than the "no one wants to win more than him".

His way includes wanting people that adore him and are nice to him, #1. That includes being extremely obedient, #2, to his very restrictive and dumb rules. 

He is probably sad about this season in the same way I am sad that Furiosa, a mad max saga did not do well at the box office. It does seem like a shame, on the other hand, I never saw it at the theatre and it didn't make me change anything. But if you ask me about it, I'd say, yes I'm sad it didn't do better.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This would be a moronic mandate from the owner who reportedly has said he is happy with second place every year.

Could have sworn he repeated that this year at a Business in Sports conference, so no longer “reportedly” 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

He's checked out. Like everyone says, no one wants to win more than him, but he wants to do it his way. Well his way is the operating word, and it's much more powerful than the "no one wants to win more than him".

His way includes wanting people that adore him and are nice to him, #1. That includes being extremely obedient, #2, to his very restrictive and dumb rules. 

He is probably sad about this season in the same way I am sad that Furiosa, a mad max saga did not do well at the box office. It does seem like a shame, on the other hand, I never saw it at the theatre and it didn't make me change anything. But if you ask me about it, I'd say, yes I'm sad it didn't do better.

If the value of the franchise is losing money and I am not certain that is even possible, it is impacting him.  Being a loser does not impact him.  His antiquated rules have always sucked but Getz removed the 2nd place carrot and one of the only hopes I have is that he wakes up....I know the chances of him doing it are probably slim and none but he listened to Getz and bought into a quick fix and not only did that not happen but they are failing at a historic rate.

If Getz guy was Pedro they should both be excused. 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Could have sworn he repeated that this year at a Business in Sports conference, so no longer “reportedly” 

Looks like you are correct…

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5449846/2024/04/26/white-sox-jerry-reinsdorf-gm-change/#

Speaking last year at a panel in Los Angeles, Reinsdorf said, “Sports is a business of failure, but the fact that you finish second or third or fourth, it doesn’t mean you had a bad year.”

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Which is hilarious because he was so wounded when that came out.  I remember the interview of David Sampson by the score, and he basically said “let Jerry sue me for slander or libel, I know what he said” and then Jerry didn’t say s%*# after that