Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If the value of the franchise is losing money and I am not certain that is even possible, it is impacting him.  Being a loser does not impact him.  His antiquated rules have always sucked but Getz removed the 2nd place carrot and one of the only hopes I have is that he wakes up....I know the chances of him doing it are probably slim and none but he listened to Getz and bought into a quick fix and not only did that not happen but they are failing at a historic rate.

If Getz guy was Pedro they should both be excused. 

Impacting him how? He'll just cut payroll and organizational spending to account for the lower revenue. How that affects winning is secondary.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

His way includes wanting people that adore him and are nice to him, #1. That includes being extremely obedient, #2, to his very restrictive and dumb rules.

This is undeniably true. And it worries me that the presumptive replace for Grifol is AJ. They were talking on the radio yesterday about how AJ has been very defensive of Reinsdorf recently. While I’d normally be excited about AJ, that makes me think he’s selling his soul for the opportunity. He’s just gonna be another JR ball cupper.

40 minutes ago, bmags said:

Impacting him how? He'll just cut payroll and organizational spending to account for the lower revenue. How that affects winning is secondary.

He wants to win with his own rules but he was against tanking so I am not certain he is watching this product and it is sitting well.  He wants to be competitive and turn a profit.  he is doing neither.  Williams was good and that, Hahn was a failure and Getz is looking at historically bad.  If Getz truly solid him on something that got him the job, it is not going well.  JR is not a fool and if Getz played him for one it may not end well for Getz. 

39 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

He wants to win with his own rules but he was against tanking so I am not certain he is watching this product and it is sitting well.  He wants to be competitive and turn a profit.  he is doing neither.  Williams was good and that, Hahn was a failure and Getz is looking at historically bad.  If Getz truly solid him on something that got him the job, it is not going well.  JR is not a fool and if Getz played him for one it may not end well for Getz. 

Getz was the cheap in house option that didn't require an 88 year old man to engage in a deep search for a new baseball operation. Getz didn't play him, he's the perfect hire for what JR wants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Source?

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

This is completely true and his "rules" have shown especially since 2007 they do not work.

As far as watching this team, he's at all the home games, the mainstream media have shown photos of his in his box. 

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don’t believe Jerry wants to win.  Maybe financially but certainly not competitively.  Way too many things he has done that show otherwise  

Or said for that matter. This is the guy who thinks finishing 3rd or 4th doesn't mean it was a bad year.

23 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don’t believe Jerry wants to win.  Maybe financially but certainly not competitively.  Way too many things he has done that show otherwise  

I think he wants to win. I just think he wants to go about it in a way that cannot work anymore. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don't think there is zero interest or desire to win, it's simply far lower on the priority list. And falls lower and lower as the years go by. The wanting is more of an aspiration over doing the hard work to achieve it scenario. If the way he wants to operate leads to winning, great, but winning does not and will not trump him operating his way.

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think he wants to win. I just think he wants to go about it in a way that cannot work anymore. 

He probably wants to win, it just isn't enough of a priority where he is willing to invest enough resources into it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He probably wants to win, it just isn't enough of a priority where he is willing to invest enough resources into it.

Then he doesn't want to win. He wants to make money first, winning is just incidental. He's also in his mid 80s and as we've seen at that age decline can set in rapidly. Who even knows how much capacity JR has to run the org at this point. I'd assume Michael and the partners are doing most of the day to day operations.

• Like 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Then he doesn't want to win. He wants to make money first, winning is just incidental. 

You took the words right out of my mouth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He wants to prove to other owners that his way is the right way.  Ironically, his way is proving to other owners that he’s a dinosaur.

it must really piss him off that owners that have spent money are making more money and that a guy like Cohen exists who is basically just here to have a good time, profits be damned. The league has changed. He's not in the same ownership circles as the 80s and 90s, in general the owners now are a different breed, and see themselves not as antagonists of the fans and players, but as partners.

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Then he doesn't want to win. He wants to make money first, winning is just incidental. He's also in his mid 80s and as we've seen at that age decline can set in rapidly. Who even knows how much capacity JR has to run the org at this point. I'd assume Michael and the partners are doing most of the day to day operations.

I mean that's what I see.  If you are saying "he wants to win" as in it is above all else, then absolutely not.  If you are saying it as a thing on his list, sure.  But isn't at the top fo that list.

This should be no surprise.  The guy has won one trade so far — Robbie Grossman for a reliever.

Getz values mediocre to crappy infielders just like himself, along with JR’s favorite David Eckstein.  From Nicky Lopez to Miguel Vargas…

Edited by WhiteSox2023

36 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This should be no surprise.  The guy has won one trade so far — Robbie Grossman for a reliever.

Getz values mediocre to crappy infielders just like himself, along with JR’s favorite David Eckstein.  From Nicky Lopez to Miguel Vargas…

I hope he enjoys the 37 win fruits of those labors...

AS I have stated even before this disaster of a team took to the field, who in their right mind brings a GM and Manger from KC? 

Look to the Dodgers, Cardinals, Baltimore, Phillies, Red Sox, Yankees or Braves who have a proven effective winning organization. 

25 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I apologize for every unkind word I ever said about Rick Hahn.

Nah, screw that. Getz being incompetent doesn't negate Hahn's incompetence. Getz just happens to be much worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1