Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Then he doesn't want to win. He wants to make money first, winning is just incidental. He's also in his mid 80s and as we've seen at that age decline can set in rapidly. Who even knows how much capacity JR has to run the org at this point. I'd assume Michael and the partners are doing most of the day to day operations.

Actually I think he is 88.

White Sox fans wanted Kenny Williams fired, because it couldn't get worse.  Then came Rick Hahn.  Then  they wanted Rick Hahn fired because it couldn't get worse.  Then came Chris Getz.

White Sox fans wanted Ricky Renteria fired, because it couldn't get worse.  Then Tony was AED'd back into existence.  Instantly Sox fans wanted him fired, because it couldn't get any worse.  Then they dug up Pedro.

I think the lesson is we need to stop believing that Jerry can't go lower.

• Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

White Sox fans wanted Kenny Williams fired, because it couldn't get worse.  Then came Rick Hahn.  Then  they wanted Rick Hahn fired because it couldn't get worse.  Then came Chris Getz.

White Sox fans wanted Ricky Renteria fired, because it couldn't get worse.  Then Tony was AED'd back into existence.  Instantly Sox fans wanted him fired, because it couldn't get any worse.  Then they dug up Pedro.

I think the lesson is we need to stop believing that Jerry can't go lower.

Everything about this organization is a total disaster from the owners box, into the front office, to the manager, to the product on the field. Just total garbage from top to bottom.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

SO THIS FUCKING BUM DIDN'T TALK TO CROCHETS CAMP AND HAD NO IDEA HE WAS GOING TO BALK AT PITCHING WITHOUT AN EXTENSION?

YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB YOU FUCKING IDIOT. GET RID OF THIS ASSCLOWN.

Just what I was wondering about last Friday…

IMG-1263.jpg

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

SO THIS FUCKING BUM DIDN'T TALK TO CROCHETS CAMP AND HAD NO IDEA HE WAS GOING TO BALK AT PITCHING WITHOUT AN EXTENSION?

YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB YOU FUCKING IDIOT. GET RID OF THIS ASSCLOWN.

Wait. Isn't Getz mad because he thought they had very open communication about everything with his agent even until the night before the story dropped that he wouldn't pitch without an extension? Why would he have an idea if that information was being withheld from him? 

18 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Wait. Isn't Getz mad because he thought they had very open communication about everything with his agent even until the night before the story dropped that he wouldn't pitch without an extension? Why would he have an idea if that information was being withheld from him? 

It's his job. I don't care what his story is. He has to communicate to Crochet's camp and square anything away. It sounds like from other teams that he got blindsided here. That can't happen.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

It's his job. I don't care what his story is. He has to communicate to Crochet's camp and square anything away. It sounds like from other teams that he got blindsided here. That can't happen.

He was communicating with his camp. They didn’t tell him this. There is no reason to not believe they didn’t tell him this. 

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

He was communicating with his camp. They didn’t tell him this. There is no reason to not believe they didn’t tell him this. 

I mean, other teams got the info, so if absolutely nothing else Getz has to get wind of that earlier and figure it out and commuincate to the fanbase.

From everything we've seen it appears that Getz was ill prepared for this deadline when it's the only thing that really mattered since May. Again, that just can't happen. The focus had to have been on maximizing the returns, instead we've got some AAAA guy that might be a decent regular in a couple years and a couple lotto tickets that 1/100 might pan out. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Everything about Chris Getz's short tenure shows that he has no idea how to be a GM.

He thinks he's smarter than everyone when it's clear no GMs or agents respect him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean, other teams got the info, so if absolutely nothing else Getz has to get wind of that earlier and figure it out and commuincate to the fanbase.

From everything we've seen it appears that Getz was ill prepared for this deadline when it's the only thing that really mattered since May. Again, that just can't happen. The focus had to have been on maximizing the returns, instead we've got some AAAA guy that might be a decent regular in a couple years and a couple lotto tickets that 1/100 might pan out. 

Where is this coming from. I am not one to defend Getz but it sounded like they wee talking and working with him on a plan and than they got completely blindsided. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Where is this coming from. I am not one to defend Getz but it sounded like they wee talking and working with him on a plan and than they got completely blindsided. 

I'm conjecturing. Thing is, Getz should have just said nothing rather than trying to justify the objectively poor outcome as a communications breakdown during an "ah shucks" routine. 

Like who gives a s%*# if he's a good gm, but when he's not, and he's saying dumb s%*# publicly that should stay in the club house, f*** this guy man. I'm not going to give him any quarter from here on out and I was patient compared to some here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm conjecturing. Thing is, Getz should have just said nothing rather than trying to justify the objectively poor outcome as a communications breakdown during an "ah shucks" routine. 

Like who gives a s%*# if he's a good gm, but when he's not, and he's saying dumb s%*# publicly that should stay in the club house, f*** this guy man. I'm not going to give him any quarter from here on out and I was patient compared to some here.

Better the world to think you a  fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

About 15 years ago, the Pelicans changed ownership and brought in a new and inexperienced GM.  Chris Paul was demanding a trade, so the GM traded him to the Lakers  for 3 or 4 veterans that the Lakers were trying to dump to get under the cap.
David Stern stepped in, voided the trade, and negotiated a trade with the Clippers that included some youth and draft picks.
The White Sox need David Stern to step in.

Just now, GreenSox said:

About 15 years ago, the Pelicans changed ownership and brought in a new and inexperienced GM.  Chris Paul was demanding a trade, so the GM traded him to the Lakers  for 3 or 4 veterans that the Lakers were trying to dump to get under the cap.
David Stern stepped in, voided the trade, and negotiated a trade with the Clippers that included some youth and draft picks.

JR tried to block Manfred from his job. He isn't doing a damned thing.

24 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Something everyone overlooks when talking about this is that the NBA, and this Stearn, owned the then-Hornets.

6 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Well, that man is dead.  So you are gonna have to cross him off

• Fire 1

i'm not sure any other franchise in history would sit by and let this happen.

Think about the 2017 roster. Was it so obviously better than this? Yet it will finish like 20 games better. It's a total failure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highland said:

Of course, Getz won't get fired. He is doing what JR wants him to do. Slash payroll and con fans with a non-ending rebuild.

I don't know why you think this isn't a rebuild, but when you have short term players on a team that is something like 50 games from playoff contention, they are assets you move.  Period, end of story.  Nobody wants this or likes this, but it is the path moving forward.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't know why you think this isn't a rebuild, but when you have short term players on a team that is something like 50 games from playoff contention, they are assets you move.  Period, end of story.  Nobody wants this or likes this, but it is the path moving forward.

Moving forward to what?

• Like 1