Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

At least we’ll only have to endure Getz for what…. 11 more years? ?

It's just mindboggling to me a MLB team can go 27-82 and no one loses their job. Throw the fans a little bone. Tell them LaRussa has been banned from GRF..

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3

Steve Phillips just said, in a very nice way, that St Louis and Los Angeles took advantage of Getz on the Fedde/Kopech trade.   He thinks the return was no where close to being enough.

• Like 1

Reality is - as soon as we hit tomorrow - some of the short-timers need to go and they need to give consistent at bats to Lee, Sosa, Colas and a bunch others over the next 2 months.  I don't know what they'll do with Quero but you could put him on the list and obviously Vargas is a given.  I'm sure I'm missing others - not saying you should rush everyone - but for those that have gotten enough expeirence and you need to see if they are MLB'ers or AAAA ers now is hte time.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

And who wants to hire you Ozzie? I mean, pot meet kettle.

If there ever was an expert on being un-hirable it's Oz. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Reality is - as soon as we hit tomorrow - some of the short-timers need to go and they need to give consistent at bats to Lee, Sosa, Colas and a bunch others over the next 2 months.  I don't know what they'll do with Quero but you could put him on the list and obviously Vargas is a given.  I'm sure I'm missing others - not saying you should rush everyone - but for those that have gotten enough expeirence and you need to see if they are MLB'ers or AAAA ers now is hte time.  

How many games are they gonna win with a lineup like that? Do you have no pride??

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Can someone explain to me why they're still playing Sheets in RF and not giving Colas a look? 

Do you really want an answer to this?

• Haha 1

Deadline report card

Crochet?  Nope

Robert?  Nope

Fedde 0%

Banks B+

Pham 0%, no reason to have had him to get nothing for him

Kopech 50%.  if the LAD/STL deal was for him, 100%, with Fedde and Pham also going out, awful.

Brebbia, Why is he still here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Can someone explain to me why they're still playing Sheets in RF and not giving Colas a look? 

I wish i had explanation beyond the typical stupidity rampant in the org...

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Deadline report card

Crochet?  Nope

Robert?  Nope

Fedde 0%

Banks B+

Pham 0%, no reason to have had him to get nothing for him

Kopech 50%.  if the LAD/STL deal was for him, 100%, with Fedde and Pham also going out, awful.

Brebbia, Why is he still here?

Grade: F

• Thanks 1

Given the sheer number of young, low minor league prospects he got back in return clearly tells me this team is not investing in trying to be much better next season and I'd guess in 2026 either. 

Our GM is totally inept.  Surprised not in the least !!  He came from KC.  Two years ago we were considered as World Series candidates.  Now we are the laughing stock of MLB.  Let's not hold on to these LOSERS.  GM and manager should have already been gone.   

My guess is if he took the best offer folks would have complained he lost the deal. Let's hope for a strong second half and an of season trade. 

• Like 1

If you were a GM my negotiating with the Sox would you give away the farm to make a deal? It's obvious we are desperate sellers. He probably kept getting low balled with every team expecting him to cave. 

A good GM would walk away and keep his guy. It's not like we have stars on walk years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

My guess is if he took the best offer folks would have complained he lost the deal. Let's hope for a strong second half and an of season trade. 

Or, he doesn’t have the ability to get a decent return for his assets (see Fedde trade).

Edited by WhiteSox2023