Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think if Jerry has any integrity, he has to fire Getz at the end of the season and hire a GM from outside the organization.  He can’t wait another year or the damage may prove crippling for the franchise.

The bright side is Chris Getz is terrible at putting a roster together so the odds for the #1 pick in the 2026 draft should be high!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think if Jerry has any integrity, he has to fire Getz at the end of the season and hire a GM from outside the organization.  He can’t wait another year or the damage may prove crippling for the franchise.

There is simply a 0% chance of this happening. Is not even worth the brain power. Like it or not, Getz is the GM for at least the next half decade. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

19 losses in a row, no doubt due to Getz having a historically bad offseason.

Getz essentially burned $24 million in a fire pit this past offseason.  That’s pretty much Bryce Harper’s annual salary.  Fire this fucking loser along with GriFAIL.

Brebbia - $5.5 million

Maldonado - $4.5 million

Lopez - $ 4.3 million

Soroka - $3 million

Clevinger - $3 million

Hill - $1.8 million

Flexen - $1.75 million

13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

integrity lol

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz essentially burned $24 million in a fire pit this past offseason.  That’s pretty much Bryce Harper’s annual salary.  Fire this fucking loser along with GriFAIL.

Brebbia - $5.5 million

Maldonado - $4.5 million

Lopez - $ 4.3 million

Soroka - $3 million

Clevinger - $3 million

Hill - $1.8 million

Flexen - $1.75 million

If this organization would have just done the opposite every time they made a decision since last year’s drafts, they’d be in a better spot 

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Brebbia - $5.5 million

Maldonado - $4.5 million

Lopez - $ 4.3 million

Soroka - $3 million

Clevinger - $3 million

Hill - $1.8 million

Flexen - $1.75 million

Why pay a single good player what they are worth when you field a whole team of shitty players for the same price??

• Thanks 2
  • Paper Bag 2

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Why pay a single good player what they are worth when you field a whole team of shitty players for the same price??

The White Sox strategy/mantra for decades.

The best part is that all of the players in my list, other than Brebbia and Clevinger, were proven to be terrible players over years and not worth signing for any more than maybe a million bucks or as a non-roster invitee.  Getz decided to pay them more with guaranteed contracts.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think if Jerry has any integrity, he has to fire Getz at the end of the season and hire a GM from outside the organization. 

I'll just let Don Cherry take this one in a very non-PC throwback:

https://youtu.be/kjXyvc1S-ZE?si=JFE57UTod0OFQrCz&t=10

(Trying to get it to embed for me, but maybe not possible in mobile Chrome for some reason)

Edited by JoeC
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

I believe based on his history he personally considers it fiscally irresponsible to pay an individual that much money.

Remember he's the guy who told MJ that he (meaning JR) would regret paying him that salary.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I believe based on his history he personally considers it fiscally irresponsible to pay an individual that much money.

Remember he's the guy who told MJ that he (meaning JR) would regret paying him that salary.

You gotta love how the owner of two sports teams could be so smart and so clueless at the same time.  JR sure wanted and expected his two teams to gain a ton of value.  Afterall, that’s why he invested in both teams.  But he failed to understand that the stars of his teams were the reason anyone went to see them.  But he still doesn’t think a star player deserves $25 million dollars a year.  What a paradoxical moron of an owner.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

No surprise, but the Dodgers helped Kopech make some tweaks and his stuff looks better than ever 

It has only been 2 innings but I do remember people saying this would happen.  Meanwhile, the Sox ruin offensive prospects.

43 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You gotta love how the owner of two sports teams could be so smart and so clueless at the same time.  JR sure wanted and expected his two teams to gain a ton of value.  Afterall, that’s why he invested in both teams.  But he failed to understand that the stars of his teams were the reason anyone went to see them.  But he still doesn’t think a star player deserves $25 million dollars a year.  What a paradoxical moron of an owner.

Yet we give Benintendi 5 years, $75 million. He’ll be the reason we don’t spend money the next 3 years.

• Paper Bag 1

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It has only been 2 innings but I do remember people saying this would happen.  Meanwhile, the Sox ruin offensive prospects.

He also randomly looked good for the Sox, too. And Lance Lynn started fine for the Dodgers and then got real bad. I’m not saying they can’t fix him, but Kopech eventually is gonna Kopech. 

11 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Brebbia - $5.5 million

Maldonado - $4.5 million

Lopez - $ 4.3 million

Soroka - $3 million

Clevinger - $3 million

Hill - $1.8 million

Flexen - $1.75 million

24 million would buy 1 good player.  I can understand that Getz believed the collective efforts of 7 players you name might out produce that 1 player, but it didn't work out that way.  Maldonado at 4.5 million is the one that sticks in my craw.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bob confirmed we were never going to trade Fedde within the division unless completely overwhelmed.  Getz is simply not a competent decision maker and we are not a serious franchise.

Fire this clown if he wouldn’t trade Fedde to the Twins who would be there for only one more season.  Getz thinks the Sox will be competitive next year?  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

24 million would buy 1 good player.  I can understand that Getz believed the collective efforts of 7 players you name might out produce that 1 player, but it didn't work out that way.  Maldonado at 4.5 million is the one that sticks in my craw.

Those players were all known to be terrible when they were acquired, outside of Brebbia and Clevinger.  It’s a fool’s errand to go dumpster diving and expect all of those bums to put up a good year.  The Sox have been employing this dumpster diving strategy for years and it pretty much never works out and ends up in wasting millions of dollars.  Yes, one true star player has a greater likelihood of putting up 4 to 5 WAR than that collection of bums.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Paper Bag 1

10 hours ago, fathom said:

No surprise, but the Dodgers helped Kopech make some tweaks and his stuff looks better than ever 

He literally told us all he didn't listen to Sox coaching.  There was no fixing Kopech in Chicago.