Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

19 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The fact that is has reached this point, and every decision maker still has their job shows there is a lack of competiteness with the organization. How they can't be embarrassed beyond belief is stunning. 

It's more a lack of accountability than anything IMO. There's basically no deterrent for poor results. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

It's more a lack of accountability than anything IMO. There's basically no deterrent for poor results. 

Nobody minding the store.

On 7/30/2024 at 6:43 PM, Texsox said:

I want to sell you my old truck for $80,000. It has 60,000 miles. Am I a poor salesman if you walk away? 

If no one is willing to part with a "decent return" do you walk away or beg? Maybe he is bad, he probably is like every GM that has worked for the Sox, but without knowing what he asked for, and what was counter offered, it's a guess. 

Did he ask for too much? Was he unwilling to settle for less? 

Again, if you are a GM and the Sox are calling, you have the upper hand. They aren't going to compete, they have a cheap ass owner, and trying really hard to get rid of players. Why offer a haul? Low ball and wait until they cave. 

Sox fans know more about these two thank any scout. Hard pass goodbye.

On 8/6/2024 at 9:45 AM, whitesoxfan99 said:

Signing Fedde was great (although I think the return on that trade is going to negate a lot of the good feelings there) and letting Crochet start (which Crochet was the one pushing for) was great.  I genuinely can't think of anything else.

Hiring Brian Bannister is an organization changing move. Their pitching development is on par with the best in baseball right now imo. I also like the types of hitters that the org has added via the draft and trade deadline. I know it’s easier to just get mad and complain about stuff all the time though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Hiring Brian Bannister is an organization changing move. Their pitching development is on par with the best in baseball right now imo. I also like the types of hitters that the org has added via the draft and trade deadline. I know it’s easier to just get mad and complain about stuff all the time though. 

Yeah well that tends to happen when your favorite team is 60 games under .500 and on pace to be the worst team in baseball history.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Bannister was a great hire.  What’s the rest of the plan though?  You can’t tell me he’s done a good job on the positional side of things so far, both at the major league level and in the minors.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bannister was a great hire.  What’s the rest of the plan though?  You can’t tell me he’s done a good job on the positional side of things so far, both at the major league level and in the minors.

No I can’t. And I never would. But you can’t fix a disaster in one off-season. They need an org hitting guy. If they don’t find one, I’ll be critical. They need a new international director. I’ll be critical about that too if they don’t do it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Yeah well that tends to happen when your favorite team is 60 games under .500 and on pace to be the worst team in baseball history.

True. I’m of the mind that they were likely to be the worst team in baseball regardless and the actual record doesn’t change that. I’m much more focused on what’s next. The day to day is meaningless right now. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We quite literally have the worst positional group in all of baseball by a country mile in 2024.  To a man, everyone is underachieving their expectations and abilities.  Until this gets fixed, all Brian Bannister is doing is generating our next trade bait.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

No I can’t. And I never would. But you can’t fix a disaster in one off-season. They need an org hitting guy. If they don’t find one, I’ll be critical. They need a new international director. I’ll be critical about that too if they don’t do it. 

Speaking of Paddy, do you have any sense why they haven’t made a change there yet?  It’s just shocking he’s survived so long with little to show in LatAm.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Speaking of Paddy, do you have any sense why they haven’t made a change there yet?  It’s just shocking he’s survived so long with little to show in LatAm.

He’s under contract and sometimes these things aren’t solely up to the guy who is supposedly in charge. 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

We quite literally have the worst positional group in all of baseball by a country mile in 2024.  To a man, everyone is underachieving their expectations and abilities.  Until this gets fixed, all Brian Bannister is doing is generating our next trade bait.

Right. And they spent no money on it. They needed to get superstar production out of Robert and anything out of Moncada and Eloy for this to be even a below average offense. That didn’t happen. Which moves should’ve been made with the budget given to improve this offense for 2024? 

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Right. And they spent no money on it. They needed to get superstar production out of Robert and anything out of Moncada and Eloy for this to be even a below average offense. That didn’t happen. Which moves should’ve been made with the budget given to improve this offense for 2024? 

This isn't even about the moves that could made this year.  This is more about everyone in the positional group having one of the worst years of their careers all at the same time.  This is about the most of the top positional prospects taking steps backwards, or not being ready for the majors.  No one expected .500 this year, but this also should not be a 40 win team.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I feel they’re going way too safe with their offensive acquisitions, which is what we saw them do last year and the results have been predictable.  Need to find some guys with big upside, and also can’t be afraid of these players just cause they busted during the last rebuild.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This isn't even about the moves that could made this year.  This is more about everyone in the positional group having one of the worst years of their careers all at the same time.  This is about the most of the top positional prospects taking steps backwards, or not being ready for the majors.  No one expected .500 this year, but this also should not be a 40 win team.

Outside of Quero and Baldwin, this has been just a god awful year for offensive development in the majors and minors.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Outside of Quero and Baldwin, this has been just a god awful year for offensive development in the majors and minors.

And Quero has only recently gotten going again.  He seems like a dude who needs an adjustment period as he had slow starts both in Birmingham and Charlotte, but hopefully at least his bat holds up.  We could use him anywhere if he can hit, even if he can't catch.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And Quero has only recently gotten going again.  He seems like a dude who needs an adjustment period as he had slow starts both in Birmingham and Charlotte, but hopefully at least his bat holds up.  We could use him anywhere if he can hit, even if he can't catch.

Oh, do we have our answer for RF finally?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

I feel they’re going way too safe with their offensive acquisitions, which is what we saw them do last year and the results have been predictable.  Need to find some guys with big upside, and also can’t be afraid of these players just cause they busted during the last rebuild.  

And even many of those "safe" picks they are afraid to play.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fathom said:

I mean I think Vargas, Perez and Bonemer do have big upside. Guys you’re referring to just aren’t available on trade market in most cases. 

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t disagree with this. I like some of the additions to the system though. They need to totally revamp hitting side. 

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Quero has had a great year. He’s mashing in AAA. 

53 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I mean I think Vargas, Perez and Bonemer do have big upside. Guys you’re referring to just aren’t available on trade market in most cases. 

Agreed, it’s why I wanted Cags

• Like 1