Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

11 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

JR owed the fans Chris Getz. He delivered, then asked for $1 billion.

"That moved me to the thought -- what is it I owe to the fans? I think one of the things I owe the fans is to get better as fast as we can possibly get better. Speed is of the essence. I don't want a long-term proposition.

"It became clear to me that he [Getz] would be one of the major candidates, alongside these other candidates. And then when I started thinking about the speed I owe the fans, I realized that if you bring in somebody from the outside, it's gonna take him a year, he's gonna have to evaluate everybody in the organization. So you'll lose a year."

That fight after rapid improvement was 95% leverage for a new stadium and 5% for the fans.

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

JR owed the fans Chris Getz. He delivered, then asked for $1 billion.

"That moved me to the thought -- what is it I owe to the fans? I think one of the things I owe the fans is to get better as fast as we can possibly get better. Speed is of the essence. I don't want a long-term proposition.

"It became clear to me that he [Getz] would be one of the major candidates, alongside these other candidates. And then when I started thinking about the speed I owe the fans, I realized that if you bring in somebody from the outside, it's gonna take him a year, he's gonna have to evaluate everybody in the organization. So you'll lose a year."

We lost the year moreso than any team in the history of professional baseball.  If Reinsdorf is still of sound mind and body Getz would be gone but we all know he will not. 

24 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

We lost the year moreso than any team in the history of professional baseball.  If Reinsdorf is still of sound mind and body Getz would be gone but we all know he will not. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branch_Barrett_Rickey

Available.

Slightly younger than TLR.

Ties to Jackie Robinson, Roberto Clemente and the Brooklyn Dodgers, a team beloved by JR.

Admit your mistake and fire him. Before hired, he was one of 2 things. Either someone who deserved his fair share of blame for the failure leading up to firing his bosses, or he was a coffee boy. Either way, he wasn’t qualified, and you can see that every day.  It’s ludicrous he has a job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can’t wait to see this thread next year at this time because the Sox will probably lose 100+ games again. Which I’m more than fine with. 

Edited by Boopa1219

Holy s%*#… I just realized how bad we are. This whole time I thought it was good when we lost, figured the number in the L column meant we were playoff contenders, and heard all this talk of historic records which made me figure our team was destined for greatness.

So you’re telling me we actually suck?

Huh, go figure. 

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This thread is humorous to me. Chris Getz is in year one. I can’t argue that he’s good but he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. What a massive waste of time. 

Nothing wrong with fans venting about being stuck with an unqualified and completely over-his-head GM when we’re in the midst of the worse season in baseball history.  This has been a damaging season for many of us and I have accepted the fact my sons will never be diehard Sox fans because of how bad Jerry and his incompetent group of lieutenants have destroyed the franchise and how many years it’s going to take to right this ship with them in charge.

And the fact that he’s in year one doesn’t prevent us from assessing him on his performance so far.  Yes, the org needs a lot of long-term transformation and that will obviously take time, but in the interim we can be disappointed with most of the trades Getz has made, question their pro scouting of positional players, and not give him a free pass for an inability to develop minor league hitters given he inherited that lack of infrared from himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

45 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing wrong with fans venting about being stuck with an unqualified and completely over-his-head GM when we’re in the midst of the worse season in baseball history.  This has been a damaging season for many of us and I have accepted the fact my sons will never be diehard Sox fans because of how bad Jerry and his incompetent group of lieutenants have destroyed the franchise and how many years it’s going to take to right this ship with them in charge.

And the fact that he’s in year one doesn’t prevent us from assessing him on his performance so far.  Yes, the org needs a lot of long-term transformation and that will obviously take time, but in the interim we can be disappointed with most of the trades Getz has made, question their pro scouting of positional players, and not give him a free pass for an inability to develop minor league hitters given he inherited that lack of infrared from himself.

And also, he was a part of the org during the last regime. If Marco Paddy has to go, why does Getz, who was bad in his old job and has continued to make bad moves while in a position of power, get a pass?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Quin said:

And also, he was a part of the org during the last regime. If Marco Paddy has to go, why does Getz, who was bad in his old job and has continued to make bad moves while in a position of power, get a pass?

The point being, if he was not responsible for any of the stink, he didn't do anything. So any way you slice it, he is over employed.

It's funny, when they went 81-81 you thought, they really couldn't play any worse, next season has to be better. Then they go 61-101 and you think they couldn't be any worse, next season has to be better. Now they are 31-101 and you're no longer thinking, it really can't get worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This thread is humorous to me. Chris Getz is in year one. I can’t argue that he’s good but he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. What a massive waste of time. 

I really don't think there is anything that can possibly happen that will fundamentally change the way JR operates the White Sox, and until he dies, he isn't going anywhere either. That could be tomorow, that could be 10 years from now. I wish no one whose most evil thing they have done is run a sports franchise into the ground death, but are we supposed to stop discussing the team?  Nothing is going to change. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's funny, when they went 81-81 you thought, they really couldn't play any worse, next season has to be better. Then they go 61-101 and you think they couldn't be any worse, next season has to be better. Now they are 31-101 and you're no longer thinking, it really can't get worse.

It raises the question of what's an acceptable improvement for next year. 60 wins? 70? .500?

Outside of Benintendi, the team next year will be players that he has acquired or chosen to keep. And calling a $15M contract an albatross in this day and age is a moronic excuse.

If they're a 60 win team next year, then he's flirting with Pedro's performance as a manager. 

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This isn't like the usual nervousness of a 16 year old driving a car this first time.  This that same kid crossing 3 lanes and ramming into a tree at 60 mph.  Do you really need to see more before you go maybe he's not ready for this yet?  We can give him credit for putting his seatbelt on first, but everything else is just scary.

• Thanks 3

Are you saying that you think he is not a complete failure as an employee of the Chicago White Sox?   How log of a rope does he get for hiring Bannister?  That is the only thing he has done right. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Are you saying that you think he is not a complete failure as an employee of the Chicago White Sox?   How log of a rope does he get for hiring Bannister?  That is the only thing he has done right. 

And even with Bannister, he has the worst pitching staff in the AL, second only to Colorado in team ERA. He focused on defense, and that sucks so bad. We weren't expecting 90 wins, but it's obvious he isn't the guy for the job. Move on

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sure, but that’s because Reinsdorf is gonna Reinsdorf.

That doesn’t mean Getz ever deserved the job to begin with or deserves to keep it.

The early results of Getz’s biggest moves this season have been that they are colossal failures.

And if this is how bad he looks in his first year, with most of his moves backfiring, who the hell wants him making future moves in his second, third, and additional future years as the Sox GM?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

19 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sure, but that’s because Reinsdorf is gonna Reinsdorf.

That doesn’t mean Getz ever deserved the job to begin with or deserves to keep it.

The early results of Getz’s biggest moves this season have been that they are colossal failures.

And if this is how bad he looks in his first year, with most of his moves backfiring, who the hell wants him making future moves in his second, third, and additional future years as the Sox GM?

- His only trade that is an outright win is Robbie Grossman. Santos is probably the next closest due to the draft pick.

- Offensive prospects took a huge step back.

- Failed in his major goal of improving the defense.

- On track for worst record of modern era.

- Signed/traded for several players who have zero or negative value: Maldonado, Vargas, Shuster, half the bullpen, Julks, Senzel, Clevinger, Stassi, 

- Dumped useful players for nothing: Pillar, Romy, Cronin.

Like, he's a bad GM.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

- His only trade that is an outright win is Robbie Grossman. Santos is probably the next closest due to the draft pick.

- Signed/traded for several players who have zero or negative value: Maldonado, Vargas, Shuster, half the bullpen, Julks, Senzel, Clevinger, Stassi, 

Like, he's a bad GM.

There's that Q take down.

Like, he's a bad GM.

Hey, give him a break.....he's only in his 1st year.

• Like 1