Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

On 9/7/2024 at 11:40 AM, Quin said:

It really comes down to this:

If Generic General Manager was brought in instead of Getz, would fans want Getz retained or would they want him canned along with Paddy, Haber, Pedro, Tosar (who apparently got to weigh in on trade deadlines) and some scouts.

i would have wanted random ass GM to fire getz and everyone else LAST offseason.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

So why before the season were we told the bullsh*t that he was being hired to avoid another lost season and to compete sooner?

Also what does he predict for next season? Because most people see a similar 100 loss season for 2025.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chimpton said:

So why before the season were we told the bullsh*t that he was being hired to avoid another lost season and to compete sooner?

Also what does he predict for next season? Because most people see a similar 100 loss season for 2025.

Just embrace it. What a buffoon.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This quote might be fitting a year ago when he took over. But sorry my dude, you are the one that took a 100 loss team and made it 20+ games worse.

No no no, it's not his fault because the Sox were never able to develop depth while he was responsible for that aspect of the org.

Every time he opens his mouth he makes me realize that he didn't go to Michigan to play school.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

No no no, it's not his fault because the Sox were never able to develop depth while he was responsible for that aspect of the org.

Every time he opens his mouth he makes me realize that he didn't go to Michigan to play school.

This should be literally the next question asked of Chris,  but no one will.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This quote might be fitting a year ago when he took over. But sorry my dude, you are the one that took a 100 loss team and made it 20+ games worse.

Exactly.  HE is the one who had a garbage offseason.  HE is the one who traded for Fletcher.  HE is the one who had a garbage trade deadline which brought back Vargas.  Did he even acquire one fixture in the lineup for the future?  He acquired two bums to be starters that are basically bench players.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I get that he inherited a mess as the GM. However, he was already involved in the organization so it's not like he didn't know what was here. I can understand an outside GM hire saying that and it making sense.

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I get that he inherited a mess as the GM. However, he was already involved in the organization so it's not like he didn't know what was here. I can understand an outside GM hire saying that and it making sense.

And didn't he discuss his plan with JR before being hired? I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 110 games next year should have come up in the conversation. If it did, JR's talk at the press conference announcing his hiring was full of lies. 

• Thanks 1

“If I were a fan, I’d be p—-ed,” Reinsdorf said. “I’d be very angry. But at the same time, this is the first really, really bad year. We won the division in ’21, we were .500 last year. That’s nobody’s goal to be .500, but that’s still average. This is the first disaster. This is the first real disaster.”

Reinsdorf, 87, made it clear he doesn’t want to go through another major overhaul after the most recent rebuild came up short. The team has a foundation in place, he said, adding: “We’re not going to take the guys that we have now and clean out and start over again."

• Paper Bag 1

I liked Getz's offseason strategy (considering the reduced payroll circumstances) but the execution couldn't have gone worse.

They were were stuck with hoping and praying for Moncada, Eloy and Benintendi.

They chose to cash out on Cease but not Robert.  

They could have dumped Vaughn and Sheets and replaced them off the scrap heap and chose not to.

Pretty much missed on virtually every inherited player other than keeping Crochet a starter.

Major Leaguers aquired:  Shewmake, Lopez, Pillar, Soroka, Fedde, Flexen, Hill, DeJong, Brebbia, Fletcher, Thorpe, Maldanado, Clevinger.

Obviously hit on Fedde, and DeJong was offensively all they could have hoped for (shockingly bad defensively).  Otherwise incoming players ranged from underwhelming to complete trainwreck.  

Now the early return from the deadline could not have gone much worse.  

We just absolutely, positively cannot Getz and Barfield make 1 more decision for this organization.  Please Jerry, hire an outsider ASAP. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Exactly.  HE is the one who had a garbage offseason.  HE is the one who traded for Fletcher.  HE is the one who had a garbage trade deadline which brought back Vargas.  Did he even acquire one fixture in the lineup for the future?  He acquired two bums to be starters that are basically bench players.

And that’s the thing, they’ve traded so many assets the last 15 months and have so little to show for it.  Probably set the rebuild back 2-3 years.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

And that’s the thing, they’ve traded so many assets the last 15 months and have so little to show for it.  Probably set the rebuild back 2-3 years.

And with every failed trade return, it puts dependence on the thing that the Sox have done worse than anything in drafting and development.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

And with every failed trade return, it puts dependence on the thing that the Sox have done worse than anything in drafting and development.

Not to mention, no access to the fruits of being historically terrible, and now picking 10th.