Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wasn't before, but after these quotes, I am openly cheering for Chris Getz and Jerry Reinsdorf to be able to say they put together the worst MLB team of all time. I hope they embrace it.

Jerry Reinsdorf, a name that will live in infamy.

Aside from Jerry, it’s looking like Getz might have been a bigger problem than Rick and Kenny.  Some evidence of this would be, all the apparent “problem people” are leaving and they are getting much worse.  RH/KW had their own issues obviously (Pedro was the cherry on top) but it was Getz’s failure in player development that forced RH/KW to always try to roll the dice on trades and find FA lightning in a bottle till someone was ready to call up—that talent never came!  

Getz’s recent comments are as bad as it gets from a GM.  Simply offensive.  Those comments make him look like he’s a child with no understanding of how things work.  Then he stands there on the cusp of being the worst team in history and reflects on his best memory???  He’s no longer standing in the middle of the fire—the fire is long over!  He’s standing on unprecedented scorched earth with everything already destroyed and has the gaul to say “my best memory is when I decided to make Crochet a starting pitcher.”  What an immature loser!  

The only ones left standing are Getz and Jerry.  Ladies and gentlemen—I give you—“the core of the problem.”

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Why are we still treating JR quotes as if they hold any meaning? He's not even trying to be a good liar. Nothing he says matters at all. 

Cause that's what he used to justify Getz.

Shrugging and go "aww shucks" just means they get a carte blanche excuse to suck. It'd be like if fans acted like GarPax were above reproach because it's just how Jerry operates.

Getz is failing miserably by both his and JR's publicly declared standards while simultaneously creating the worst major league team of all time. They deserve all the smoke.

• Like 1

Here is the link to the full session if you care to watch.  Theres so many concerning answers in here which terrify me but the one that really caught me, as a business professional, is when one of the media members asked a question related to how much Getz talks about “processes.”  It made me wonder…for a guy that’s supposed to be the single baseball decision maker for a multi-billion dollar organization, what actual formal training and education does he have?  

The guy has a bachelors degree in “Sports Management” and most of us know what that major means in real life…aka nothing.  Has he ever done a Lean/Six Sigma certification?  Has he ever done a PMP course?  Has he ever done advanced training beyond a 300 level semester long college course in Organizational Behavior?  Agile Methodology ?  Human Resources Development?  

I am pretty confident the answer to all of the above is no.  His only qualification is that he played the sport, has a largely meaningless undergrad degree, and on the job training in two organizations; one of which largely underperforms competitively and the other which may be the most dysfunctional franchise in professional sports.  My head almost exploded when he kept saying process, rebuild, blah, blah, blah then the actual words came out of his mouth, “there is no timeline.”  Like what in the actual f***?  That phrase would give a rookie project manager night terrors, let alone the General Manager of a 2.1 billion dollar organization with hundreds of employees and thousands of stakeholders going through a massive structural rebuild.  It’s actually stunning, even for this team.  The entire interview is wild.  

Edited by Rusty
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Here is the link to the full session if you care to watch.  Theres so many concerning answers in here which terrify me but the one that really caught me, as a business professional, is when one of the media members asked a question related to how much Getz talks about “processes.”  It made me wonder…for a guy that’s supposed to be the single baseball decision maker for a multi-billion dollar organization, what actual formal training and education does he have?  

The guy has a bachelors degree in “Sports Management” and most of us know what that major means in real life…aka nothing.  Has he ever done a Lean/Six Sigma certification?  Has he ever done a PMP course?  Has he ever done advanced training beyond a 300 level semester long college course in Organizational Behavior?  Agile Methodology ?  Human Resources Development?  

I am pretty confident the answer to all of the above is no.  His only qualification is that he played the sport, has a largely meaningless undergrad degree, and on the job training in two organizations; one of which largely underperforms competitively and the other which may be the most dysfunctional franchise in professional sports.  My head almost exploded when he kept saying process, rebuild, blah, blah, blah then the actual words came out of his mouth, “there is no timeline.”  Like what in the actual f***?  That phrase would give a rookie project manager night terrors, let alone the General Manager of a 2.1 billion dollar organization with hundreds of employees and thousands of stakeholders.  It’s actually stunning, even for this team.  The entire interview is wild.  

I mean the fact that he can't say Luis Robert's name correctly annoys the s%*# out of me. It's a small thing, but indicative of the fact that he's not on top of things.

This is a player he was in charge of developing. He's worked with Robert for years.

So let me understand Getz here, JR SPECIFICALLY said he was hired without any outside interviews because the Sox couldn't afford to "waste a year." Yet after all his trades and signings Getz still thought they were going to lose 100 or so games? 

And Sox fans should "embrace" the situation??????????  We should "embrace" the fact they are going to set the record for the most losses ever in a season in the modern era?

This franchise has been a disaster since 2007 but that's OK apparently as long as JR makes his money hand over fist.

Total unadulterated BS from top to bottom with this incompetent, dysfunctional and inept organization. 

JR needs to go, either standing on his feet or on a slab, personally I don't care which.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Quin said:

I mean the fact that he can't say Luis Robert's name correctly annoys the s%*# out of me. It's a small thing, but indicative of the fact that he's not on top of things.

This is a player he was in charge of developing. He's worked with Robert for years.

He also made a big thing about Hagen meeting Crochet. Hagen was on the broadcast and said he didn't meet Crochet.

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I am pretty confident the answer to all of the above is no.  His only qualification is that he played the sport, has a largely meaningless undergrad degree, and on the job training in two organizations; one of which largely underperforms competitively and the other which may be the most dysfunctional franchise in professional sports.  My head almost exploded when he kept saying process, rebuild, blah, blah, blah then the actual words came out of his mouth, “there is no timeline.”  Like what in the actual f***?  That phrase would give a rookie project manager night terrors, let alone the General Manager of a 2.1 billion dollar organization with hundreds of employees and thousands of stakeholders going through a massive structural rebuild.  It’s actually stunning, even for this team.  The entire interview is wild.  

Thanks for sharing, @Rusty!  All good questions.  I’ve been trained in Agile methodology for my job and I don’t just spout off about our department’s “process, process, process…”  Agile isn’t supposed to be a process, it’s supposed to be a mindset on how you function as an individual and as a team to get s%*# done.

I did love Getz’s immediate diversion from the tough and obvious questions by talking about Hagen Smith and Crochet, the two rare bright spots on a team full of garbage.

Getz also said they aren’t actively shopping Crochet.

Bwahahahahahahaaa.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Quin said:

Cause that's what he used to justify Getz.

Shrugging and go "aww shucks" just means they get a carte blanche excuse to suck. It'd be like if fans acted like GarPax were above reproach because it's just how Jerry operates.

Getz is failing miserably by both his and JR's publicly declared standards while simultaneously creating the worst major league team of all time. They deserve all the smoke.

They absolutely deserve all the smoke, but until someone in a position to actually press JR/the org on it or otherwise find some way to hold him accountable for the stupid s%*# that comes out of his mouth, I just don’t see how it matters.

I suppose what I’m really saying is give media access to all of Soxtalk 💀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He also made a big thing about Hagen meeting Crochet. Hagen was on the broadcast and said he didn't meet Crochet.

Yeah, the interview was a bit weird.  They asked him about meeting Crochet, and he said he wasn't there when he went to the locker room.  Then steve asked him if they had talked about his off season program, and he said they hadn't in any detail.  Then they quit asking him meaningful questions.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Thanks for sharing, @Rusty!  All good questions.  I’ve been trained in Agile methodology for my job.

I love Getz’s distraction from the tough and obvious questions by immediately talking about Hagen Smith and Crochet, the two rare bright spots on a team full of garbage.

Getz also said they aren’t actively shopping Crochet.

Bwahahahahahahaaa.

Honestly, fi they are going to get the same kind of return they got for the other guys, cool, don't shop him.  Keep him.

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He's gonna do a TLR and trade for the wrong player at some point, isn't he?

Watching the full interview with Getz, the only conclusion i can make is that he’s completely lost his marbles.   Look at the minor league stats, there is no immediate help coming this way on the position side.   i almost feel sorry for him!!

The Sox never should have done the first rebuild and traded away Chris Sale. They did not have the proper infrastructure in place back then to do a scorched earth rebuild. We are still feeling the reverbarations of all the horrible decisions made by Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams starting back in the Winter of 2016. Chris Getz has only added fuel to an already raging inferno. 

12 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

The Sox never should have done the first rebuild and traded away Chris Sale. They did not have the proper infrastructure in place back then to do a scorched earth rebuild. We are still feeling the reverbarations of all the horrible decisions made by Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams starting back in the Winter of 2016. Chris Getz has only added fuel to an already raging inferno. 

The rebuild was fine until they fired Ricky and hired Tony.

I’ll keep saying it, but I was told in the offseason by a guy who knew Getz back during his college days that he was not known for being a bright dude.  And someone else recently messaged me and shared similar feedback.  To me, any time I hear Getz babbling in one of these interviews and not really providing any substance I can tell he’s a complete fraud.

Like there are many things wrongs with the company I work for, but I don’t pretend to have all the answers and think I could be CEO.  And that’s the problem with Getz.  Yes, he may understand where some of the cracks are in the organization, but does he have any idea how to fix them?  Seems like his only real idea was Bannister and now he’s all tapped out.

Edited by Chicago White Sox