Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

I always used to do this for Hahn so I might as well do it for the “Bruised girls are best” GM.

The correct answer to that question is 

“Look we know the results of this season aren’t acceptable to our fans or to us. We know it takes time to fix these things. But we owe it to our fans and to the city to take a big step in the right direction next year and some of that will come from Free agency. I can promise you we will sign anyone specific but there are players on the market this offseason who will make us a lot better next year and we expect to compete to sign them.”

Even if it’s bullshit, the only reason you declare you’re out on FA in September with a 35 win team and $50 million on the books is to collude with other teams to keep prices down, so that no one uses you as a possible mystery team that you have to bid against. Even the worse than us in ‘23 Royals made a serious move this year helped by some strong signings, with a similar payroll going into the offseason as the White Sox today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Getz only got this opportunity by snitching out the incompetence of his direct managers while at the same time not acknowledging his own shortcomings as the head of our player development function.  He partially deserves blame for taking advantage of stubborn, gullible old man.

Uh oh.  The Excuse O Matic is not going to like this one 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I always used to do this for Hahn so I might as well do it for the “Bruised girls are best” GM.

The correct answer to that question is 

“Look we know the results of this season aren’t acceptable to our fans or to us. We know it takes time to fix these things. But we owe it to our fans and to the city to take a big step in the right direction next year and some of that will come from Free agency. I can promise you we will sign anyone specific but there are players on the market this offseason who will make us a lot better next year and we expect to compete to sign them.”

Even if it’s bullshit, the only reason you declare you’re out on FA in September with a 35 win team and $50 million on the books is to collude with other teams to keep prices down, so that no one uses you as a possible mystery team that you have to bid against. Even the worse than us in ‘23 Royals made a serious move this year helped by some strong signings, with a similar payroll going into the offseason as the White Sox today. 

But the Sox are missing Witt (MVP1A), Perez (who Maldonado was SUPPOSED to be), Pasquantino, Massey, Fermin, Renfroe, etc.

Most importantly, four starters with 125-148 OPS+ numbers in Lugo (FA), Ragans (A.Chapman trade, two previous TJS), Singer (draft) and Wacha (FA)

With Crochet gone, the White Sox don't have anything approaching that MLB talent level, just Smith and Schultz and Grant Taylor fever dreams.

Edited by caulfield12