Korey Lee Called Up

DirtySox

31 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

From what I’ve seen, we’re all just waiting for Quero.  I like Lee’s tools, Hackenberg’s D, and Michael Turner is shockingly underrated, but Quero has something special in his all-around game.  He’s just really savvy. Does a lot to help a club win.

I meant the Sox are waiting to cut Yaz until Seby is back rather than going with Lee + Perez in the meantime. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Sox option Lee back when Seby is ready, tho.  

I can't imagine keeping Yaz and optioning Lee when Seby comes back.  Who cares if it's Seby and Lee the rest of the way?  Of course, they could have a mule in the front office right now just stomping it's hoof to make decisions.

"Okay, should we bring Lee up?  Once for yes, twice for no."

*One stomp*

"Alright.  Send down Perez, one stomp.  DFA Yaz, two stomps."

*One stomp*

"Are you sure?"

*Blank stare*

"I mean, is there a reason to keep Yaz?  He's -"

*Stomps wildly while hee-hawing loudly*

"Okay!  Okay!"

• Love 1
  • TLR 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Out of curiosity, how is Francisco Mejia?

One of the strongest arms on record this year, gets 10 mph more than Perez on throws. Despite slower pop time, his 1.95 pop time to second is in the group with Christian Vazquez and Austin Hedges.

But to put it in perspective, JT Realmuto is 1.83 seconds to 2nd, and Patrick Baily is 1.87. Those dudes are hell on the base runners.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

One of the strongest arms on record this year, gets 10 mph more than Perez on throws. Despite slower pop time, his 1.95 pop time to second is in the group with Christian Vazquez and Austin Hedges.

But to put it in perspective, JT Realmuto is 1.83 seconds to 2nd, and Patrick Baily is 1.87. Those dudes are hell on the base runners.

Worth a waiver claim for a team that has Seby Zavala and about to lose Grandal?

11 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Both Colas and Sosa are sitting cuz 1 rookie per game, it's the Grifol way.

Actually both have played regularly since their callups. The 100F weather could be a factor tonight as well.

Colas

• July: Played 19 of 21 games since his July 4th call up.
  • August: Played 17 of 20 games, I believe intentionally benched a game or two due to poor defensive decisions.

Sosa

• Played all 6 games since his August 18 callup, started all but one (played the final four innings the final game in Colorado).

• Thanks 1

I think the plan is to have this guy as the starting catcher next year, and until Quero is ready.  Might as well see what he's got now, and identify things to work with him on before next year.  Or if he's absolutely terrible, at least they find out now and can start targeting other catchers to bring in for next year.  

• Like 1