8/25 Games

Quin

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=08/25/2023

https://www.milb.com/scores/all/all/whitesox

3-2 across the org again.

Thompson going for Birmingham.

What strange world will Bama return to? KW & Hahn gone, Getz temp-o-permanently running the ship, Wolkow and Burrowes in Kanny, Charlotte winning a slugfest at home, and top prospects Elvis Andrus (BA #37, 2009) and Andrew Benintendi (BA #1, 2017) hitting home runs in the same game.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Quin said:

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=08/25/2023

https://www.milb.com/scores/all/all/whitesox

3-2 across the org again.

Thompson going for Birmingham.

What strange world will Bama return to? KW & Hahn gone, Getz temp-o-permanently running the ship, Wolkow and Burrowes in Kanny, Charlotte winning a slugfest at home, and top prospects Elvis Andrus (BA #37, 2009) and Andrew Benintendi (BA #1, 2017) hitting home runs in the same game.

If he ends up returning to a favorable world...don't we have to maroon him somewhere?

We love Bama but ...I mean nothing happens for 30 years, then he goes on a remote vacation and everything turns to gold? Sorry not sorry.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

If he ends up returning to a favorable world...don't we have to maroon him somewhere?

We love Bama but ...I mean nothing happens for 30 years, then he goes on a remote vacation and everything turns to gold? Sorry not sorry.

At minimum, demote him to WinstonResident

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Thompson really with an excellent night

Matt's probably done. 5IP 2H 1R 1ER 3bb, HBP, 7K. 50/87 pitches for strikes.  He was very good tonight, but his delivery falls apart at times.  He has a herky jerky motion that may need to get smoothed out.  That said, he was solid.

Thought I’d share this:

took my kid to his first baseball game tonight in Myrtle beach.  Caught Pedro Ramirez 1st home run, frickin crazy.  

Sox notes: 

Jacob G looked dumb on a strikeout but was clearly one of the better players there.  Looks like a shortstop, almost made up for a bobble on a slick play but didn’t get the call.  Looks really young, not crazy about the stance but he belonged for sure.  I’m just an idiot fan so salt to taste.   

Nshida looks like a kid that doesn’t belong IMO.   He could barely get the ball to the cut off man and his contact was super weak.  Looked away for a second though and he was cruising around the bases for a triple.  Not sure how that happened didn’t see the hit but sure didn’t seem like he has the power.  Again, idiot fan. 

Special night for me and the fam. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Kelley gives up a single then walks 2 guys to lose the game. He's a complete mess. I hope our new GM fires the farm director because development in this system is nonexistent.

Unfortunately the new GM is likely to be the present farm director in this messed up franchise.

7 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Thought I’d share this:

took my kid to his first baseball game tonight in Myrtle beach.  Caught Pedro Ramirez 1st home run, frickin crazy.  

Sox notes: 

Jacob G looked dumb on a strikeout but was clearly one of the better players there.  Looks like a shortstop, almost made up for a bobble on a slick play but didn’t get the call.  Looks really young, not crazy about the stance but he belonged for sure.  I’m just an idiot fan so salt to taste.   

Nshida looks like a kid that doesn’t belong IMO.   He could barely get the ball to the cut off man and his contact was super weak.  Looked away for a second though and he was cruising around the bases for a triple.  Not sure how that happened didn’t see the hit but sure didn’t seem like he has the power.  Again, idiot fan. 

Special night for me and the fam. 

Thank you for the game insights. 

I know some people don't want the Sox changing batting mechanics during the draft year, but I thought the whole idea was they wanted to get a high floor/low ceiling "polished" prospect that could contribute as a 2 WAR player fairly quickly since they want to fill big league spots (either 2B or SS)  on the cheap, so it makes sense that they are trying to fix stuff fast to move him from level to level as fast as possible. 

Ofcourse, the Sox don't exactly have a great history fixing hitters. Collins was supposed to be 55 hit/55 power too but they couldn't fix the hitch in his swing and he turned out to be 20 hit which made any power moot.