Update: 3 (2) fans injured by bullet in Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)

Chicago White Sox

15 hours ago, Quin said:

I need to know where we rank "woman shoots herself and another fan after discharging a gun stored in her fat rolls, thus leading to the cancellation of a Vanilla Ice concert" ranks in the Absurd / Ridiculous Moments in White Sox history

The last decade is stacked, but we've got

• Black Sox Scandal
  • Chris Sale shredding jerseys
  • Drake LaRoche
  • Disco Demolition Night
  • Sox fans attacking Tom Gamboa
  • Trading our manager mid-season after he negotiated with another team to be their manager
  • The shorts - I feel like they don't hold a candle to these, but are an honorable mention
  • Belly fat gun
  • Illinois legislature turning off clocks to prevent Reinsdorf from leaving the state (both good and bad)
  • Hiring the play-by-play announcer as the GM; ends in disaster
  • Tony LaRussa's DUI right after he's hired after a decade of not managing
  • The Yermin Saga

What am I missing?

a few honourable mentions:

MVP candidate breaks wrist punching own bat.

Trading for, and trading away assets to dump Nick Swisher.

Adam Dunn’s .153 batting average. 

Robin Ventura’s entire tenure. 

50 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I thought it was the other woman, the one who sustained the minor wound, that was thought to have had the gun. Her wound supposedly looked like a burn wound from the gun discharging.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Quin said:

I need to know where we rank "woman shoots herself and another fan after discharging a gun stored in her fat rolls, thus leading to the cancellation of a Vanilla Ice concert" ranks in the Absurd / Ridiculous Moments in White Sox history

• Black Sox Scandal
  • Drake LaRoche
  • Disco Demolition Night
  • Trading our manager mid-season after he negotiated with another team to be their manager
  • The shorts - I feel like they don't hold a candle to these, but are an honorable mention
  • Belly fat gun
  • Illinois legislature turning off clocks to prevent Reinsdorf from leaving the state (both good and bad)
  • The Yermin Saga

What am I missing?

The existence of David Wells?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Ligues

Forgot the sexual discrimination suit fired by Brian Ball.

Will Cordero.

That other jerk DV pitcher from the Astros.

Thank you for jogging my memory on Vizquel and another noted scumbag Bartolo Colon disappearing.

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The women who brought the gun, shot the gun, and sustained burns on her stomach brought the gun, fired the gun, and shot this 42 year old season ticket holder in the leg.

Initial Questions:

1. Did the woman who fired the gun attend the game using one of the 42 year old woman's season tickets?
  2. If so, do the Chicago White Sox intend on revoking her season ticket privileges for violations of code of conduct?
  3. Will the White Sox revoke and or ban the shooter from attending future games, and if so for what duration?
  4. Is this 42 year old woman attempting to sue the White Sox and or others for what happened? 
  5. Is the woman who fired the gun also a CPS, CTU, Off Duty Police, City of Chicago or employee of another government entity?, Does she have any political ties or clout?
  6. Will the Cook County DA office prosecute the woman who illegally discharged her firearm, violating law per White Sox Code of Contact * ?
  7. Does the shooter have a valid FOID card and/or CC Permit?
  8. Where casings or other evidence found at the scene, and was all evidence turned over the the CPD?
  9. What were the statements of the perp, victim(s) and other witnesses in terms of the gun firing?
  10. Did White Sox Security alter in any way the crime scene once it was determined at least one shot was fired?
  11. Will the public get a full public accounting as to what occurred?
  12. Will the Chicago White Sox be fined and/or sanctioned for their failure to uphold security standards required in their lease?
  13. Will consequences escalate, up to and including evicting the Chicago White Sox, should one or more shootings occur inside the current stadium?
  14. Which organization, when and who made and or communicated the decision to continue playing after the CPD requested the game be suspended?

White Sox Code of Conduct: "It is illegal for anyone to enter or attempt to enter the ballpark with a firearm, regardless of permit."

32 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The women who brought the gun, shot the gun, and sustained burns on her stomach brought the gun, fired the gun, and shot this 42 year old season ticket holder in the leg.

Initial Questions:

1. Did the woman who fired the gun attend the game using one of the 42 year old woman's season tickets?
  2. If so, do the Chicago White Sox intend on revoking her season ticket privileges for violations of code of conduct?
  3. Will the White Sox revoke and or ban the shooter from attending future games, and if so for what duration?
  4. Is this 42 year old woman attempting to sue the White Sox and or others for what happened? 
  5. Is the woman who fired the gun also a CPS, CTU, Off Duty Police, City of Chicago or employee of another government entity?, Does she have any political ties or clout?
  6. Will the Cook County DA office prosecute the woman who illegally discharged her firearm, violating law per White Sox Code of Contact * ?
  8. Where casings or other evidence found at the scene, and was all evidence turned over the the CPD?
  9. What were the statements of the perp, victim(s) and other witnesses in terms of the gun firing?
  10. Did White Sox Security alter in any way the crime scene once it was determined at least one shot was fired?
  12. Will the Chicago White Sox be fined and/or sanctioned for their failure to uphold security standards required in their lease?
  13. Will consequences escalate, up to and including evicting the Chicago White Sox, should one or more shootings occur inside the current stadium?
  14. Which organization, when and who made and or communicated the decision to continue playing after the CPD requested the game be suspended?

White Sox Code of Conduct: "It is illegal for anyone to enter or attempt to enter the ballpark with a firearm, regardless of permit."

If she was able to ditch the gun, which it seems like she had ample time to do, I wouldn’t expect charges to be approved by the State’s Attorney.

37 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Initial Questions:

As punishment, the White Sox will probably make her re-new her season tickets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

a few honourable mentions:

MVP candidate breaks wrist punching own bat.

Trading for, and trading away assets to dump Nick Swisher.

Adam Dunn’s .153 batting average. 

Robin Ventura’s entire tenure. 

Kenny trading for the wrong player (Berry/Barry)

Guillen family drama his final years as manager

Omar Visquel being a complete POS as AA manager

Clubhouse napper mystery / allegations

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Is the woman who fired the gun also a CPS, CTU, Off Duty Police, City of Chicago or employee of another government entity?, Does she have any political ties or clout?

I posted a question the other night similar to this one. I think this person is probably tied with the teachers union and protected. All of your other questions are valid. This investigation should have been quick unless everyone is lying and hiding evidence.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Quin said:

• Black Sox Scandal
  • Drake LaRoche
  • Disco Demolition Night
  • Belly fat gun
  • The Yermin Saga

What am I missing?

Didn't it come out that those "fans" who ran on the field were actually Cubs fans that had spent the day drinking at the Cubs day game and then went to the Sox game afterwards? I remember reading that on WhiteSoxInteractive at the time. This was during the time that all the local papers were Cub centric and they are the ones that ran with that error.

Or maybe it wasn't a Cub day game.

Edited by Chisoxmb35
Correction

1 hour ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

Didn't it come out that those "fans" who ran on the field were actually Cubs fans that had spent the day drinking at the Cubs day game and then went to the Sox game afterwards? I remember reading that on WhiteSoxInteractive at the time. This was during the time that all the local papers were Cub centric and they are the ones that ran with that error.

Yes, I believe that’s the story I heard back then.

That's how I remember it.  But when I was searching the internet to find confirmation of that fact last night I couldn't come up with anything.  Every result I found referenced Gamboa being assaulted by "fans" or White Sox fans."  No mention of the Ligues drinking at Wrigle Field during a day game that same afternoon although that's what I remember.

It was Eric Dybas who attacked umpire Laz Diaz.

This is what I wrote for my long history on the Sox relationship with the media:

"Mentioning Dybas also brought up another point which left many, even non-conspiratorial individuals wondering what was going on. The following day after the incident both Dybas' girlfriend Kelly Sherwood and his roommate, said on various Chicago radio stations that they were shocked that Dybas was even at a Sox game. Both said he was a diehard dedicated Cub fan who had been drinking heavily at the afternoon Cub game before deciding to go to the Sox game that night. These facts on the individual never seemed to make it into print leaving the impression to many that Dybas was just another "white trash, stupid Sox fan." 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1