8/29 White Sox at Orioles. 6:05, NBCSN/WMVP1000

Buehrle>Wood

I'm so glad football season starts this week, there is nothing remotely fun to even keep up with on this team, except maybe if Luis hits 40 or 45 HRs. NOTHING else. Can't believe one debacle of a season put the cap on a terrible 3 year decision making run by this organization, and ran me into hating everything about the White Sox.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

I'm so glad football season starts this week, there is nothing remotely fun to even keep up with on this team, except maybe if Luis hits 40 or 45 HRs. NOTHING else. Can't believe one debacle of a season put the cap on a terrible 3 year decision making run by this organization, and ran me into hating everything about the White Sox.

The scary thing is the Getz decision doesn’t even matter for the next 3 or so years.  There’s just not nearly enough talent in the organization.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The scary thing is the Getz decision doesn’t even matter for the next 3 or so years.  There’s just not nearly enough talent in the organization.  

But can he develop anyone? I rather have Ricky or someone like him that can motivate players, relay fundamentals, bring young players along and give them confidence.

There is little to no evidence Pedro can do that.

• Like 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

But can he develop anyone? I rather have Ricky or someone like him that can motivate players, relay fundamentals, bring young players along and give them confidence.

There is little to no evidence Pedro can do that.

Oh Pedro should be long gone. Wouldn’t want him coaching my son’s travel team.

Just now, fathom said:

Oh Pedro should be long gone. Wouldn’t want him coaching my son’s travel team.

I misread Getz for Grifol. 

He probably can identify talent better than Hahn, in terms of draft / FAs, but I have no idea if he has any competence beyond that. They need to accumulate solid prospects, make a lot of claims and churn the ML roster to try to flip guys and get more.

What I can see happening is Jerry and therefore Getz will try to half ass contend like 2009-2016 and 2022-2023, waste time, possibly prospects and international slot money, to try to sell tickets and win 81 games.

1 hour ago, pmb0928 said:

He had been a real pleasant surprise

Takes the ball every five days and gives you a chance.  Only Clevinger does the same.  Touki tries.  Cease and Kopech?  Tail end of the rotation inconsistency. But I think Cease has tweaked something in his arm.

20 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I misread Getz for Grifol. 

He probably can identify talent better than Hahn, in terms of draft / FAs, but I have no idea if he has any competence beyond that. They need to accumulate solid prospects, make a lot of claims and churn the ML roster to try to flip guys and get more.

What I can see happening is Jerry and therefore Getz will try to half ass contend like 2009-2016 and 2022-2023, waste time, possibly prospects and international slot money, to try to sell tickets and win 81 games.

If it’s Getz without any process, it’s because Reinsdorf wants to be Jerry Jones or Al David and just handle it himself: