It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM

NCsoxfan

23 hours ago, Quin said:

Jerry has flouted the Selig Rule pretty blatantly with La Russa and Getz, but they've had high ranking minority employees for a long time.

Like yeah, I get that Willie Harris was done dirty and Getz was a farce. But I really don't understand this. 4 of the past 6 managers were minorities. The top exec for two decades was Black. Darryl Boston is coated in Teflon.

Hell, Wilder was replaced by Paddy, so it's not like he was replaced by a white guy.

If you're looking to rage against anyone, look north to the Ricketts family and Papa Joe

Overt or even subtle institutional racism is probably the one failing you can't currently put on the White Sox. Good job, orange slices all around!

21 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

So Wilder just confirmed the theories most of Sox Talk have had for years.  What a dreadful time to be a Sox fan.  There is no hope for Chicago sports anytime soon it seems.

To be honest with you, I don’t see anything Dave Wilder said to be relevant. He was a minority outsider hired by the White Sox, something he said JR refused to do. He also said no one ever tried to get his side of his story until now. Total BS. I did a quick google search, and there is an article stating the Tribune asked for his side, he hung up. If anything, Wilder being an outsider, stealing from JR, might make JR even less likely to hire unknown people. His race plays no part. If he was white and did what he did, he wouldn’t be in baseball right now. Dave Wilder is a disgrace, and he still thinks although what he did was technically wrong, he has a legit excuse for it. How come no one else has hired him? He is blaming JR for his troubles. He just loved that someone gave him a chance to be relevant again. I’m sure after this article, if any team was even tempted to give him a low level role, they are tempted no more.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

To be honest with you, I don’t see anything Dave Wilder said to be relevant. He was a minority outsider hired by the White Sox, something he said JR refused to do. He also said no one ever tried to get his side of his story until now. Total BS. I did a quick google search, and there is an article stating the Tribune asked for his side, he hung up. If anything, Wilder being an outsider, stealing from JR, might make JR even less likely to hire unknown people. His race plays no part. If he was white and did what he did, he wouldn’t be in baseball right now. Dave Wilder is a disgrace, and he still thinks although what he did was technically wrong, he has a legit excuse for it. How come no one else has hired him? He is blaming JR for his troubles. He just loved that someone gave him a chance to be relevant again. I’m sure after this article, if any team was even tempted to give him a low level role, they are tempted no more.

Spot on.  

49 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, Wilder has credibility questions but JR has just about destroyed the franchise where it will take a complete change of how things are done with the “White Sox way”. I don’t see those changes coming with Getz as GM along with the complete idiot Grifol trying to manage things on the field. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His justification of taking that money, regardless of his disputed corrected amount, was pretty bad.  You don’t steal from your employer to make up for a bonus that you felt you deserved.  If it is a contractual bonus then you take it up in court.

now, you have a record 

6 hours ago, almagest said:

Man I remember when this whole scandal broke. What a disaster that was. I think the comments about how the Sox operate according to Jerry's way are accurate. The rest is garbage from a sociopath.

If everyone who got greedy because they believed they were underpaid (or simply thought they could get away with skimming) was defined as a "sociopath," the list would be exponentially expanded.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If everyone who got greedy because they believed they were underpaid (or simply thought they could get away with skimming) was defined as a "sociopath," the list would be exponentially expanded.

If those people show no remorse and place the blame on others? Yes, absolutely.

2 hours ago, almagest said:

If those people show no remorse and place the blame on others? Yes, absolutely.

Then 1/3rd of America qualifies, lol.

In all seriousness, did we honestly expect Dave Wilder was going to respond to questions related to JR/KW/Hahn by first apologizing to White Sox fans for destroying our Dominican operations going on almost 20 years later?

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

In all seriousness, did we honestly expect Dave Wilder was going to respond to questions related to JR/KW/Hahn by first apologizing to White Sox fans for destroying our Dominican operations going on almost 20 years later?

I doubt many people would be stupid enough to do it in a print interview 15 years after it happened, so no. There are plenty of ways for Wilder to bring up the same points about how poorly this team is run without using it to justify his actions.

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I think if I seriously wanted to get back in baseball I would at least acknowledge that a bunch of people along the way gave you a chance and the actions at the very least hurt those people and reputations, and you were willing to put in the work to make it right.

Instead it was "I deserved more so I stole money and everyone was stealing and I kept my mouth shut and I'm not bitter at all I'm just a realist"

On 9/10/2023 at 5:59 AM, NWsideSoxfan said:

Wasn’t he the one I charge of the teaching? I really want them to get better but this just strikes me as someone in way over their head. You’re right, no way does this get fixed quickly, just wasting more time with another JR suck hole.

I think we need to look at cost-cutting and layoffs before we rebuild. For example the vending machine freebies must end right now.