The Decision is Almost Here!

SoxFan1

Who will KW name as the new Manager of our Chicago White Sox tommorrow?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will KW name as the new Manager of our Chicago White Sox tommorrow?

• Ozzie Guillen
    • Cito Gaston

From all I've read, seen, heard, and been overexposed to, Kenny prefers Gaston, while Reinsdrip prefers Guillen. 

So who knows.

Will Reinsdorf use his legitimate power and override Kenny?  Will Kenny get to make the decision with no outside interference?  Will Kenny show anger and quit if Reinsdorf tells him who to hire?  These and many other questions will be answered later today.  Same SoxTalk forum.  Same SoxTalk thread.    :)

You forgot one important question.......

Could KW have changed his mind after interviewing Ozzie for 4 hours??

Or could Cito have cooled to the idea, once he saw a general lack of comittment (financially speaking) to contending next year? I recall one of Cito's early conditions for being lured back from retirement is that the Sox must be serious about contending. After not being able to gget anything done with Colon, and having so many pieces still uip in the air, maybe Gaston has decided to stay retired?

From all I've read, seen, heard, and been overexposed to, Kenny prefers Gaston, while Reinsdrip prefers Guillen. 

So who knows.

Will Reinsdorf use his legitimate power and override Kenny?  Will Kenny get to make the decision with no outside interference?  Will Kenny show anger and quit if Reinsdorf tells him who to hire?  These and many other questions will be answered later today.  Same SoxTalk forum.  Same SoxTalk thread.    :)

You forgot one important question.......

Could KW have changed his mind after interviewing Ozzie for 4 hours??

Or could Cito have cooled to the idea, once he saw a general lack of comittment (financially speaking) to contending next year? I recall one of Cito's early conditions for being lured back from retirement is that the Sox must be serious about contending. After not being able to gget anything done with Colon, and having so many pieces still uip in the air, maybe Gaston has decided to stay retired?

I was thinking the same thing when I heard they were naming a manager this week. As soon as we didn't get Colon, I was thinking Cito probably decided against managing the Sox knowing that they most likely won't try to replace Colon with another star pitcher (are there even any available? :huh: ).

Hmm, How could either candidate do a better job then Jerry Manuel? :huh:

If this was an NBA teach or some other MLB team we would be asking who does "fill in the superstar name here" want? I haven't once heard anyone ask or say who Frank Thomas wants. You would think with all his years as the guy someone, sometime would have stuck a camera or microphone in front of him.

Points out what a team leader he is.

If this was an NBA teach or some other MLB team we would be asking who does "fill in the superstar name here" want? I haven't once heard anyone ask or say who Frank Thomas wants. You would think with all his years as the guy someone, sometime would have stuck a camera or microphone in front of him.

I bet Frank has intentionally recused himself on the issue so as not to heat things up with the media. Everyone knows Ozzie’s hardest job is going to get the respect of Frank and some of the other veterans. I’m quietly optimistic that time will have tempered a possibly strained pas relationship between Frank and Ozzie, and they’ll be able to handle it.

I bet Frank has intentionally recused himself on the issue so as not to heat things up with the media. Everyone knows Ozzie’s hardest job is going to get the respect of Frank and some of the other veterans. I’m quietly optimistic that time will have tempered a possibly strained pas relationship between Frank and Ozzie, and they’ll be able to handle it.

Wait a minute, are you trying to say that Frank was smart about NOT speaking to the media? I don't know about that one... :lol:

Hmm, How could either candidate do a better job then Jerry Manuel?   :huh:

Wait a minute, are you trying to say that Frank was smart about NOT speaking to the media? I don't know about that one... :lol:

There's a first time for everything. ;)

Do you think that Reinsdorf making the call and not Kenny might carry implications as to Kenny's security?

Not necessarily. Now, there are plenty of posters who say KW is already a dead man walking, or on his way out, and I have no idea if that's true or false. But one or two more f***ed up trades and he'd be gone.