9/1 Gamethread Toussaint v. Rodriguez

Timmy U

2 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Touki gives you an honest day's work, prolly carries a lunch pail.  Mediocre, which means neither good nor bad, describes him.  More than you can say for a bunch of others.  Sox have paid 8 digits and gotten the same results.

Maybe it's because he has the least amount of influence under Katz.

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Maybe it's because he has the least amount of influence under Katz.

Katz may know the mechanics of throwing a baseball but not much else about the game. The walk rate of our pitchers doesn’t say a lot for his coaching. But he does appear about 20 pounds lighter as a result of his frequent trips to the mound. Time for a change. 

12 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Katz may know the mechanics of throwing a baseball but not much else about the game. The walk rate of our pitchers doesn’t say a lot for his coaching. But he does appear about 20 pounds lighter as a result of his frequent trips to the mound. Time for a change. 

I’m so bummed out that Grifol and probably all the coaches will still be with us, this is just plain unacceptable and I’ve had just about all I can take with the franchise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Hard to be particularly optimistic about 2024 watching this tonight. None of the young players look that great. Toussaint is a guy.  If Reinsdorf is serious about contending, they'd need to sign like 10 players.

That’s what they did after the 56-106 1971 season, first of all they brought in new manager Chuck Tanner and new GM Roland Hemond who traded for a bunch of decent veterans to go along with Bill Melton, Carlos May, Ed Hermann, Wilbur Wood, Bart Johnson, and a few other guys plus with rookies Terry Forster and Goose Gossage they improved by 23 games though it’s harder these days because of the multi year contracts. What can make it a bit easier is we now have free agency. Getz has his work cut out for him if they expect to contend in 2024. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

11 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Just a bad tag by Lee.  The throw beat him by a mile.

I like Lee behind the plate.  He's quiet and sits low w/good lateral movement. He has strong hands and receives the ball real nice. I'm sure pitchers love throwing to him because of this.  He's got a strong arm but he's not accurate enough.  All in all it's pretty good but he has some things he needs to clean up. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I like Lee behind the plate.  He's quiet and sits low w/good lateral movement. He has strong hands and receives the ball real nice. I'm sure pitchers love throwing to him because of this.  He's got a strong arm but he's not accurate enough.  All in all it's pretty good but he has some things he needs to clean up. 

If he can't hit at least 600-625 ops numbers doesn't matter if he's Johnny Bench or Pudge Rodriguez.