9/6 4th Place Sox at 5th Place Royals

Texsox

5 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Good point, but I also don’t trust these guys to make a good trade anyway. I’d prefer they be even worse next year to push them even closer to making wholesale changes.

Can't really argue with you on that.

Just now, wegner said:

He used to not give up homers  right? Even when he struggled. Or am I misremembering that?

Walks, bad luck and bad defense used to do him in. Now he's getting hammered like the rest of our staff.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Cubs at one point were nine games under and dead last in the division, then they played 10 consecutive games against the Cardinals and White Sox...then they had another stretch of 12 straight against the Sox, Royals, Tigers and Pirates.

One owner hires quality baseball executives based on industry qualifications, gives them an annual budget, and lets them spend how they, as professionals, see fit.

The other is Constanza, does the complete opposite, yet acts as though he is superior and his 29 fellow owners are rubes.

Jerry knows more Brooklyn Dodgers than he does White Sox, but sadly he won't implement Branch Rickey's saying he made famous on the South Side "Luck is the residue of design." (OG quote by John Milton).

• Like 1