Magglio Trade

The Beast

Should Magglio be traded?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should Magglio be traded?

• Yes
    • No

Analyzing the trade I am split on my decision for Magglio. I thought about it a lot today. It would make sense for the Sox to trade him on a few variables. Firstly, I was keeping in mind that trading him would free up a lot of money as (14,000,000=800,000=13,200,000). Mulling such a trade of that magnitude could bring in a lot of new players, in addition to the expected rise from 50 million to 55-60 million dollar payroll. Obviously then Alomar would be useless at 2b and Cito Gaston would be hired. So if all this works in the equation, my verict is to trade Magglio for a top pitching prospect, Nick Johnson, and Alfonso Soriano. But my question is, do the New York Yankees really need any outfielders?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but only if it's a great deal that we definitely get a win out of, and if only Konerko and Koch can't be traded. I think we should mayb think bout tradin him to LA for Edwin Jackson or Miller (both great pitchin prospects), Izturis to fill the hole at SS, and some more prospects if we can't do the deal with the Yanks.

Well, I don't think you are gonna get more than Soriano + pitching prospect for Maggs. No chance they throw in Nick Johnson also. It would have to be a Maggs + Rauch/Cotts type deal for Soriano + Johnson, and even that most likely will not be enough.

Yes but only if it's a great deal that we definitely get a win out of, and if only Konerko and Koch can't be traded. I think we should mayb think bout tradin him to LA for Edwin Jackson or Miller (both great pitchin prospects), Izturis to fill the hole at SS, and some more prospects if we can't do the deal with the Yanks.

I would not totally be opposed ta trading him to LA, but Izturis couldn't hit a beachball off a tee.

I tried thinking of some, that's a tough one. I would think; if the right deal came along, only in return for a superstar, and as a salary dump. That's all I could come up with.

Salary dump would probably be Konerko...I think if we signed Hawkins in place of Gordo that might help but I'm not sure... :huh:

Salary dump would probably be Konerko...I think if we signed Hawkins in place of Gordo that might help but I'm not sure... :huh:

Naw, those were the choices I could come up with. When I read it through just a second ago, it kind of made sense too. I really think a team would take Kong or Koch if he was packaged with Magglio.

I must say though, no one in the White Sox family has said anything about a trade, so I don't think it will happen.

I think we'd get more out of the Konerko and Koch deals though. Keeping Maggs with the players and money acquired means more.

I think we'd get more out of the Konerko and Koch deals though. Keeping Maggs with the players and money acquired means more.

I think if we can get rid of Kong or Koch, awesome. Keep Magglio then. I think trading Magglio would only be after failing to move one or both or Kong and Koch.

I think if we can get rid of Kong or Koch, awesome. Keep Magglio then. I think trading Magglio would only be after failing to move one or both or Kong and Koch.

All I know is that Magglio is a fan favorite and the women love him over Konerko now. He is a generous man, and all I can hear in my head now is

"Boy we sure do have a RF problem now DJ. This team misses Magglio Ordonez's departure dearly."-Hawk

Mags is our franchise player right now, I think we all saw what soriano does in the clutch, no way we trade mags.

I have never seen Magglio in a World Series game, so who knows how he would help us there. We got swept in 2000 when we got into the playoffs, I have no idea how Magglio did.

I don't think I would cry if he got traded, I would be excited at first because of who we were bringing in, then be a lil sad cause we were losing Magglio later on.

I have never seen Magglio in a World Series game, so who knows how he would help us there. We got swept in 2000 when we got into the playoffs, I have no idea how Magglio did.

I don't think I would cry if he got traded, I would be excited at first because of who we were bringing in, then be a lil sad cause we were losing Magglio later on.

But if we got rid of mags, what would we chant during the game? :lol: