38 members have voted

1. 1. Should Magglio be traded?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Ordonez for Johnson and Soriano is conceivable at all.  However, I wouldn't let Maggs go for either one of the straight up.  As far as the Yankees not taking that $14 Million salary..... If King George wants Magglio then He's a Yankee.  In Fact, I think Magglio makes more sense for the Yankees than either Vlad or Sheff.  I can see the Yanks going after both Magglio and Beltran.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Matsui, Beltran and Ordonez in their outfield, with Giambi at 1B and Bernie W as DH.

Damn... That's sick.

The only chink in your armor there Yas, is that both Maggs and Beltran will be free agents after this coming season. So if the Yankees can't get them signed to an extension, either could walk after one year. And they may walk for reasons other than money.

Lastly. I think will see less and less of Steinbrenner spending wildly. I am not saying they won't go after big name free agents, because you know they will. But I have a hunch that with the changing climate of the game, even the Yankees will be a bit more fiscally responsible.

I think that my assuming that Yankees would pay enough to sign players they want to keep is hardly a "chink in the armor", if recent history is any indication.