Colas sent to AAA (again)

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He has until next spring to improve. Despite all that is wrong with him, Pedro penciled him in the starting line up 66 times this season.  I was excited after watching Pedro get introduced last winter. But it turns out he is a really bad manager. Someone who could probably use a trip to the minors himself.

I could see that for those who loathed LaRussa.   The reality is Pedro came from an organization that is bad at everything.  He hasn't a clue of what a blueprint of consistent winning is.  Getting someone from a large market or a far better organization than the Royals.  The only thing one could've got excited about is it wasn't a former player,

The decision making in this organization is going to suck in my lifetime.  Jerry might be one of those guys who manages to live past 100.  

I know baseball is a business but you have to wonder what kind of emotional damage some of these players went through these 3 years.

If Colas makes his way into a more reliable organization he will most likely be a better player. 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I could see that for those who loathed LaRussa.   The reality is Pedro came from an organization that is bad at everything.  He hasn't a clue of what a blueprint of consistent winning is.  Getting someone from a large market or a far better organization than the Royals.  The only thing one could've got excited about is it wasn't a former player,

The decision making in this organization is going to suck in my lifetime.  Jerry might be one of those guys who manages to live past 100.  

I know baseball is a business but you have to wonder what kind of emotional damage some of these players went through these 3 years.

If Colas makes his way into a more reliable organization he will most likely be a better player. 

I hated both La Russa eras, didn't like the Pedro hire. Not necessarily because he is from Kansas City, but because far better experienced options were out there, just like the GM job, that were not pursued. The best candidate the Sox were interested in, Joe Espada, pulled himself out of consideration after seeing firsthand this s%*# show in person the day he interviewed. It was reported they had no interest in Bruce Bochy, who is doing well in Texas. 

Bottom line, the Sox weren't serious during/after the rebuild, weren't serious with this managerial hire, and weren't serious with the GM hire.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

It's the fact that the KC model isn't as well suited for GRF and we don't have the players except for Robert and Anderson before 2023 to execute it in the first place.

That KC bullpen was pretty much a historical anomaly as well.

Then you need a stretch of hitting on all your draft picks and lucking into Sal Perez and gave Rusty Kuntz around to transform Alex Gordon from an average 3B to GG in LF.

• Like 1