TA willing to Move to Second Base

Bob Sacamano

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The amount of White Sox people who have said they wouldn't be surprised TA bounces back to his highest levels next year has convinced me there is no chance of it happening. 

That is all the White Sox are reduced to at the moment, hoping the 'core' will bounce back and picking up a few players who will also be 'looking to bounce back', the result will sadly be all too predictable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Great! They'll resign Elvis to play shortstop now! ?

Honestly, and I'm gonna get killed here wouldn't mind Elvis as strictly a backup in the IF. But if they move on won't be sad either

18 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Honestly, and I'm gonna get killed here wouldn't mind Elvis as strictly a backup in the IF. But if they move on won't be sad either

I'm OK with Elvis but as only a backup, he finished pretty strong with a nice second half and one of the few players who busted his butt and showed like he cared.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Of coruse you pickup the option (dumb not to).. Move him to 2B immediately. Figure out 2023 SS during the offseason.

Can Sosa play short? I’d rather not give it to a rookie but there is nothing else really out there in free agency unless you want Andrus to be a stop gap. But then you’re just giving time to past their prime veterans again.

I noticed it this weekend - it probably happened sooner and I just haven't watched much Sox games, but TA's swing is all wrist. It is just a shell of himself. I'm not sure if it is due to injury or what, but the swing is an absolute mess.  He always had quick hands and a wristy swing - but the approach, everything is just terrible. He needs a reset and maybe it has to do with a bunch of other stuff / ailments that got him there, but he clearly needs to see someone different and get back to basics from a hitting perspective.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I noticed it this weekend - it probably happened sooner and I just haven't watched much Sox games, but TA's swing is all wrist. It is just a shell of himself. I'm not sure if it is due to injury or what, but the swing is an absolute mess.  He always had quick hands and a wristy swing - but the approach, everything is just terrible. He needs a reset and maybe it has to do with a bunch of other stuff / ailments that got him there, but he clearly needs to see someone different and get back to basics from a hitting perspective.  

Definitely something wrong and it makes you wonder if the hitting coach picked up on it.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I'm OK with Elvis but as only a backup, he finished pretty strong with a nice second half and one of the few players who busted his butt and showed like he cared.

My point exactly amigo. I feel he could be a better influence on any youngster better than TA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The amount of White Sox people who have said they wouldn't be surprised TA bounces back to his highest levels next year has convinced me there is no chance of it happening. 

Who can they get that is any good, who will only play SS for 1 year? Montgomery should take the job after next year.

Imagine if there are 4 to 5 marquee shortstops available and a need for a 2B on the team...Oh wait, that was last offseason and the Sox flubbed it completely while Swanson had a pretty damn solid season and everyone outside of Correa still performed about as expected. Sox could have moved Tim to 2nd last offseason, signed Swanson to SS and then shifted Colson to 3B to plan to replace Yo long term and been set for years. Instead they will bandaid this all, rush Colson and not have an internal 3B option for the next several seasons with a middling Yo Hoping to just stay healthy for 130+ to match that escalating deal. 

• Thanks 1