Trevor Bauer

2Deep

9 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Before anyone knew about this stuff or stalking college women on the interwebs, this asshat has been run out of every clubhouse he ever played for, which is why I was happy the Sox didn’t acquire him, and that the Dodgers did.

No argument from me, he is obviously an incredibly difficult person to deal with and not well liked. I don't like everyone I work with either, doesn't mean they shouldn't have a job. Or I could just be the problem, its a fine line.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

All I know is that it's a very slippery slope between a Clevinger and Bauer.

Would like to see the internal polling of women who attend Sox games (at least ten times per season) and how many attended fewer games than past seasons or watched fewer games on TV specifically due to that signing?

If you were one Bauer signing away from 88-92 wins versus 82-86, for example...it wouldn't be worth it obviously.

I think a poll is useless. In a specific case like Clevinger or Bauer even true baseball fans do not know the full stories and even accounts of the full story can be grossly inaccurate. Hell I'm reading this thread and have found myself thinking. Hmm I must be way behind on the Bauer stuff. Sometimes ignorance is bliss and making your female fans even more aware of Clevinger while you are still employing him isn't exactly great PR.

Hey fans we are employing a guy who you might consider an asshole or worse and we were wondering if you are not attending any games because of this ? Feel free to  read whatever you want to form your opinion or just take our word for it that we continue to employ him because MLB decided not to discipline him. Please also feel free to determine if you didnt attend any games due to Tim Anderson or Daryl Boston and any other person employed by the White Sox who may not live up to your standards of conduct .

• Like 2

The Sox are not one Trevor Bauer away from winning the World Series.

If the final piece to the puzzle is a high upside, high risk SP with the reputation for being unliked by teammates... and I thought the clubhouse could absorb the personality.... then maybe.

But right now?  Fat chance.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

The Sox are not one Trevor Bauer away from winning the World Series.

If the final piece to the puzzle is a high upside, high risk SP with the reputation for being unliked by teammates... and I thought the clubhouse could absorb the personality.... then maybe.

But right now?  Fat chance.  

I look at it more like could you sign him on a 1 yr deal dirt cheap and he pitches well enough to be traded for an asset later in the year, not that he's going to spearhead a championship window.

But as you said, its a fat chance.

11 minutes ago, T R U said:

No argument from me, he is obviously an incredibly difficult person to deal with and not well liked. I don't like everyone I work with either, doesn't mean they shouldn't have a job. Or I could just be the problem, its a fine line.

He won Cy Young Awards and helped teams win, and still few teammates wanted him back on the four teams he played for because it just wasn’t worth it.

A wise man once said:

“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.

If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Actually being impossible to work with often times leads to not having a job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Actually being impossible to work with often times leads to not having a job.

I didn't say impossible, I said difficult. Difficult personalities in sports is nothing new and teams have to deal with it all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

2. Bauer faces 3 other accusers currently. Could it all be BS? I mean, I guess but this really is a reflection of what an asshat this guy is.

Is that true? 3 accusers is serious stuff.

I have seen the alleged victim in this latest case appear on a lot of TV shows or podcasts. Not sure what she's been saying. Not interested in watching this saga unfold. Sad if she made it up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

This is entirely wrong. 

I taught government. It's correct. You can report a crime, file a report with the police. They decide if the person should be arrested and a prosecutor decides if they should pursue charges. 

You can't demand someone be arrested and prosecuted. 

Well I guess you can demand it, but they don't have to do it. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I taught government. It's correct. You can report a crime, file a report with the police. They decide if the person should be arrested and a prosecutor decides if they should pursue charges. 

Yeah, again, not true. Police can act as complainants on things like public safety violations (gun charges, domestic battery with an intimidated victim, narcotics offenses, or even discharge of a firearm from the example you provided). However when a victim completes a report for theft, battery, assault, auto theft, etc. they need to sign off on willingness to pursue charges (in cook county a criminal complaint). The state is not going to put time and effort into investigation, prosecution and incarceration if the victim says "meh, I got my stolen goods back don't care." The state will file the complaint but not without cooperation from a victim. If a person is a victim of domestic battery and says "this person just punched me please arrest them." Police can't just say "woah woah whoah, we make that decision." 

20 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Yeah, again, not true. Police can act as complainants on things like public safety violations (gun charges, domestic battery with an intimidated victim, narcotics offenses, or even discharge of a firearm from the example you provided). However when a victim completes a report for theft, battery, assault, auto theft, etc. they need to sign off on willingness to pursue charges (in cook county a criminal complaint). The state is not going to put time and effort into investigation, prosecution and incarceration if the victim says "meh, I got my stolen goods back don't care." The state will file the complaint but not without cooperation from a victim. If a person is a victim of domestic battery and says "this person just punched me please arrest them." Police can't just say "woah woah whoah, we make that decision." 

The state does not need a victim to consent or "press charges" in order to proceed with a criminal case.  This is a common misconception.  A prosecutor can proceed with a case regardless of whether a victim "signs off," and prosecutors will proceed without victim consent, including in domestic violence cases, and even if a victim affirmatively says they want to "drop the charge" (which they don't have the power to do.)

Now, if you're just saying that the state may not *bother* bringing a minor charge where they know they won't have the cooperation of a victim, then yes -- that's accurate.  But it's a matter of practicality, they are not legally barred from doing so. 

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Texsox said:

Well I guess you can demand it, but they don't have to do it. 

20 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

I think the confusion here is that @TexSox is talking about the state's power to prosecute, while @TheBooneLoganEra is talking about the practical procedure for filing a misdemeanor complaint in Illinois, which is generally initiated by a complaint from the complaining witness or police officer.  But while a victim can file a complaint, @TexSox's original point is true:  victims have no independent power to insist on prosecution, or "drop" prosecution.  That power is in the state's hands based on the prosecutor's evaluation of the evidence (otherwise anybody could just wield the power of the state to prosecute others whenever they wanted).

On 10/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, T R U said:

The Sox do not need back to back soap operas with these two errant Guardians. Stick to Clev for now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Lindsay responds. Also, apparently she was paid $300K by her insurance company for this incident prior to the settlement.

Seems wise to stay away from both at this stage.

What I learned from watching a couple of minutes of that is that Alex Stein is a bit creepy. "I need Daddy to choke me out" turns you on a bit dude??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I think the confusion here is that @TexSox is talking about the state's power to prosecute, while @TheBooneLoganEra is talking about the practical procedure for filing a misdemeanor complaint in Illinois, which is generally initiated by a complaint from the complaining witness or police officer.  But while a victim can file a complaint, @TexSox's original point is true:  victims have no independent power to insist on prosecution, or "drop" prosecution.  That power is in the state's hands based on the prosecutor's evaluation of the evidence (otherwise anybody could just wield the power of the state to prosecute others whenever they wanted).

I think you nailed it here. So I apologize for any snarkiness. I was responding based on the understanding that yes, independently, a victim cannot bring charges, that it is all contingent on elements of the crime, evidence, state evaluation and law enforcement response. And the fact that right or wrong, they won't do it without a cooperating victim. 

On 10/5/2023 at 11:33 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

Before anyone knew about this stuff or stalking college women on the interwebs, this asshat has been run out of every clubhouse he ever played for, which is why I was happy the Sox didn’t acquire him, and that the Dodgers did.

For real though, if TA is our current clubhouse cancer, Bauer would be a stage 4 glioblastoma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember when Arizona gave up on him like immediately after drafting him, and we were all like "wtf LOLDiamondbacks"?

Can you imagine needing to jettison someone from your org so badly that you dump a #3 overall pick within a year of drafting him despite that fact that he clearly showed Cy-level potential? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wegner said:

What I learned from watching a couple of minutes of that is that Alex Stein is a bit creepy. "I need Daddy to choke me out" turns you on a bit dude??

I remembered him from a clip someone sent me of some college chick spitting on him. I believed he liked it as well. I believe he is some sort of provocateur.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11351011/amp/Shocking-moment-Penn-State-student-SPITS-Alex-Stein-protest-campus-comedy-event.html

• Love 1