2023 Division Series

flavum

21 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I just said they’re a bunch of freaks trying to be controversial. It’s a true statement.

There is a way to honor pride night like the White Sox and I believe all other clubs except Texas did, without honoring people who mock important religious symbols and tenets of 4 million Los Angeles area current and potential customers. 

As bad as Jerry can be, I’m glad Jerry doesn’t support this, just as I know he wouldn’t honor a group denigrating the faith of Muslims, Jews or any other faith or religious groups as part of a White Sox promotion of “Pride”. 

White Sox Honors Nuns

Dodgers honor “nuns”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

There is a way to honor pride night like the White Sox and I believe all other clubs except Texas did, without honoring people who mock important religious symbols and tenets of 4 million Los Angeles area current and potential customers. 

As bad as Jerry can be, I’m glad Jerry doesn’t support this, just as I know he wouldn’t honor a group denigrating the faith of Muslims, Jews or any other faith or religious groups as part of a White Sox promotion of “Pride”. 

The "He Gets us" campaign is funded by an organization that includes the Hobby Lobby ownership (heavily lobbied to get the Supreme Court to rule against contraceptive coverage), has donated to a church whose website states "“all people who do not have faith in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in hell,” and to another group that has been labeled as an anti-LGBTQ+ hate group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

The "He Gets us" campaign is funded by an organization that includes the Hobby Lobby ownership (heavily lobbied to get the Supreme Court to rule against contraceptive coverage), has donated to a church whose website states "“all people who do not have faith in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in hell,” and to another group that has been labeled as an anti-LGBTQ+ hate group.

Are we saying there’s no difference between paying for ads and inviting groups in to celebrate them?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Are we saying there’s no difference between paying for ads and inviting groups in to celebrate them?

Well this started with a post saying that the Dodgers had endorsed "Satan Worship" and you explained to me that was because of an LGBTQ+ group. Are you saying there's a difference between those?

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Well this started with a post saying that the Dodgers had endorsed "Satan Worship" and you explained to me that was because of an LGBTQ+ group. Are you saying there's a difference between those?

I was explaining what the other poster was alluding to, as it was obvious what group he meant. I haven’t looked into them, as they’re clearly freak shows and provocateurs.

And no, in case it’s necessary, I don’t draw a connection between all LGBTQIA2S+ groups and satanism. Apologies if I missed a letter or two.

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

This sentiment is idiotic.  Baseball is a random generator sport.  Unlike the other major sports...maybe hockey is similar, the playoffs are an absolute crapshoot.  The goal of any organization should be to make it there.  Once there, all bets are off. 

Yep - and the Dodgers have a ring, plus another one they would have won without historic cheating.  They're doing just fine.

7 hours ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Houston fans and media were not happy with Jose until the last few days. Trust me they have been bitching about his contract all season and not liking the signing. 

That being said...I'm really happy for Jose and I will be seeing him Wednesday.

Fans are fans. I'm sure they are thrilled with Jose now. Mr. October indeed. He still had 90 RBI in the regular season. Hit .237. They shouldn't care about a stat like batting average which means nothing. He drew 42 walks. 130 strikeouts is high but not in 2023, Go Jose, keep it up in postseason sir!

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Baseball teams can cater to any group many consider worthy or repulsive and should reap the rewards or suffer the consequences for their actions.

I encourage people offended by ads promoting Jesus Christ to boycott the Sox if they are so offended. I also encourage any of the four million Catholics in the Los Angeles area to boycott the Dodgers for their support of these provocateurs targeting their faith, performing pole dances and simulating sec acts with Jesus dying on the cross if they are offended. 

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

They interviewed these clowns back in June, and recall at least a few stating they were in the Church of Satan, though I couldn’t find that particular video clip today.

https://www.thesisters.org/copy-of-grand-mother-vish-knew

Religious beliefs: Church of Satan.

There were many groups honored that night, and a Pride Day held for several years or more. I don’t recall organized protests (or at least widely organized protests) reported except against this particular group, for their acts of religious bigotry and hate that would not be celebrated as “pride” if directed toward any other religious group, race or faith. 

That is the difference between all the other groups honored that day, and this particular group. I’m fine, and I believe a majority of people including Christians were fine or at least tolerant of the MLB June pride nights, including the ones hosted by the White Sox, or even the Dodgers with the exception of honoring this particular group. There were no protests of the Sox version, nor any other team that I recall in June beyond this widely publicized one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Baseball teams can cater to any group many consider worthy or repulsive and should reap the rewards or suffer the consequences for their actions.

I encourage people offended by ads promoting Jesus Christ to boycott the Sox if they are so offended. I also encourage any of the four million Catholics in the Los Angeles area to boycott the Dodgers for their support of these provocateurs targeting their faith, performing pole dances and simulating sec acts with Jesus dying on the cross if they are offended. 

They interviewed these clowns back in June, and recall at least a few stating they were in the Church of Satan, though I couldn’t find that particular video clip today.

https://www.thesisters.org/copy-of-grand-mother-vish-knew

Religious beliefs: Church of Satan.

There were many groups honored that night, and a Pride Day held for several years or more. I don’t recall organized protests (or at least widely organized protests) reported except against this particular group, for their acts of religious bigotry and hate that would not be celebrated as “pride” if directed toward any other religious group, race or faith. 

That is the difference between all the other groups honored that day, and this particular group. I’m fine, and I believe a majority of people including Christians were fine or at least tolerant of the MLB June pride nights, including the ones hosted by the White Sox, or even the Dodgers with the exception of honoring this particular group. There were no protests of the Sox version, nor any other team that I recall in June beyond this widely publicized one.

Oh lol so it's that "Church of Satan", and you haven't bothered to educate yourself about them. I like them even more now. Fascinating that you went with the pejorative of calling them "Satanic" or whatever word it was rather than saying anything about their actual group or even giving their name.

61dce7e0a4efa847bca57321427a70984ce2c4fe

And yes, the idea that I need a conversion ad during sporting events from the same people who were caught looting artifacts from the Middle East bugs the hell out of me, to use an appropriate phrase. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Oh lol so it's that "Church of Satan", and you haven't bothered to educate yourself about them. I like them even more now. Fascinating that you went with the pejorative of calling them "Satanic" or whatever word it was rather than saying anything about their actual group or even giving their name.

And yes, the idea that I need a conversion ad during sporting events from the same people who were caught looting artifacts from the Middle East bugs the hell out of me, to use an appropriate phrase. 

Haha, there’s no theoretical topic that Balta won’t take a contrarian view on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Glad He Gets Us bugs the hell out of you. Stop watching and boycott, sit and stew about it further, or write Jerry and/or Brooks a sternly worded letter. I hope the ads return next year and beyond.

Sure beats listening to endless penis pill and strip club ads pimped on the Score during the years the Sox were exiled on that station because Jerry was pissed Carmen asked Jerry an unauthorized question. 

The Sox remained in the 25th position after Minnesota failed to advance to the LCS.

Let's Go Houston, win it for Pito!!!

Last season each team advanced to the League Championship series or beyond (last WS Win)

1. 2023 Arizona (2001)
  2. 2023 Houston (2022)
  3. 2023 Philadelphia (2008)
  4. 2023 Texas (Never 1961 Washington D. C. / 1972 Texas)
  5. 2022 New York Yankees (2009)
  6. 2022 San Diego (Never 1969)
  7. 2021 Atlanta (2021)
  8. 2021 Los Angeles Dodgers (2020)
  9. 2021 Boston (2018)
  10. 2020 Tampa Bay (Never 1998)
  11. 2019 Washington (2019)
  12. 2019 Saint Louis (2011)
  13. 2018 Milwaukee (Never 1969 Seattle / 1970 Milwaukee)
  14. 2017 Chicago Cubs (2016)
  15. 2016 Toronto (1993)
  16. 2016 Cleveland (1948)
  17. 2015 Kansas City (2015)
  18. 2015 New York Mets (1986)
  19. 2014 San Francisco (2014)
  20. 2014 Baltimore (1983)
  21. 2013 Detroit (1984)
  22. 2009 Los Angeles Angels (2002)
  23. 2007 Colorado (Never 1993)
  24. 2006 Oakland (1989)
  25. 2005 Chicago White Sox (2005)