3b Coach

The Beast

I'm guessing Ozzie will announce who the 3rd base coach is. Depending on when he was told he had the job, he could hire the coach today.

My guess is that he didn't have enough time to call the person or people he's interested in to ensure that they would want the gig.

I hated Cora as a player, but just like Guillen, you have no idea how he will be as a coach, therefore, nobody should really comment too much unless they have seen him coach third base first hand.

As I said, Cora wasn't my favorite player, but perhaps he'll be a good third base coach, if he is in fact chosen.

how come none of the reporters asked this question? perhaps not at first, but it should have been answered towards the end of it.

No it's not, because we're going to bring him back to play second base this season.

Why is everyone hating on little ol Joey Cora.... He didnt bother me at all when he was here, not like anyone expected him to be the greatest 2nd baseman of all time when he was here....

just curious.... :huh:

Hmmmm.. what does the 3B coach actually DO besides tell runners to go home or tag up???  :huh:

Lots of stuff.

The 3B coach has to relay signs to hitters and runners, sometimes they affect a change in signs if there's evidence the other team is stealing signs.

Usually the 3B or 1B coach is in charge of infield positioning and of course they are a big part of training and instruction, as needed.

There's a lot more to it than the obvious stuff we see during a game like waving runners home.