Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Im not interested in trading with Baltimore, they had their shot to make a run and decided to play it safe. Plus, I want these O's posters to go back to their homes and get out of here with their ridiculous assessments of not only Cease but the comical take on Robert as well.

Yankees aren't going to be an 82 win team again, Orioles finish 3rd or 4th. Book it.

Finish worse than Yankees, Rays. Finish better than Jays and Red Sox.

9 minutes ago, T R U said:

Im not interested in trading with Baltimore, they had their shot to make a run and decided to play it safe. Plus, I want these O's posters to go back to their homes and get out of here with their ridiculous assessments of not only Cease but the comical take on Robert as well.

Yankees aren't going to be an 82 win team again, Orioles finish 3rd or 4th. Book it.

I still don't understand how we have not heard rumors regarding the Yankees yet.  They need a guy like Cease.  cheap and effective with TOR potential.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Finish worse than Yankees, Rays. Finish better than Jays and Red Sox.

I dont think BAL will win 101 games again without a real pitching upgrade but they are still very superior to NYY and BOS.

I think it's a coinflip between them and TB.

BAL should win at least 90. 

It may be difficult to win a playoff series with their rotation tho....unless the opponent also has a weak rotation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I still don't understand how we have not heard rumors regarding the Yankees yet.  They need a guy like Cease.  cheap and effective with TOR potential.

Im sure it will ramp up eventually as the SP FA market starts to settle itself

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah now I feel something is legit close and also Jimmy has been speaking up quite a bit lately as to names and stuff in BAL packages specifically that would get a deal done. 

It may be irrational exuberance on my part but I feel there's alot of smoke now.

To be fair, the deal that James highlighted was a Hahn ask that involved no pitching.  Hopefully Getz is bluffing on being tied to SP, but right now a Cowser + Ortiz led package goes the general rumors.

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I dont think BAL will win 101 games again without a real pitching upgrade but they are still very superior to NYY and BOS.

It may be difficult to win a playoff series with their rotation tho....unless the opponent also has a weak rotation. 

The Yankees are loaded. Judge missed a lot of time with an injury and they just added a 5-6 WAR player in Juan Soto.

Baltimore has no pitching. The Yankees will finish ahead of the Orioles in 2024.

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

The Yankees are loaded. Judge missed a lot of time with an injury and they just added a 5-6 WAR player in Juan Soto.

Baltimore has no pitching. The Yankees will finish ahead of the Orioles in 2024.

I agree the Yankees have improved a lot (also got Verdugo).  Plus I expect a huge Volpe improvement.  They still need some pitching though.

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Other than one person, NYY also has no pitching and no.... people whose shoulders are made of glass and have a tin heart don't count. 

I'd take BALs lineup over NYY any day even with Soto. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Other than one person, NYY also has no pitching and no.... people whose shoulders are made of glass and have a tin heart don't count. 

Interesting.   I'd take NYY offense hands down.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Other than one person, or you know arguably the best pitcher in baseball.

Hopefully they get in on Cease at some point, would love to see him go to New York. The stache will fit right in.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Other than one person, or you know arguably the best pitcher in baseball.

Hopefully they get in on Cease at some point, would love to see him go to New York. The stache will fit right in.

I think they are in on Cease, I read a tepoet saying they would pivot to him if they lost Yamamoto but the Yankees prospect pool isn't that great. I dont see them trading Dominguez and without him it would need to be a significant quantity deal. 

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think they are in on Cease, I read a tepoet saying they would pivot to him if they lost Yamamoto but the Yankees prospect pool isn't that great. I dont see them trading Dominguez and without him it would need to be a significant quantity deal. 

They don't match up well if the White Sox want pitching, but if you are turning down overall better packages because you want pitchers in a return that's just terrible roster management.

Just wanted to update you guys…that guy Husker fan is saying that the Os told him they wouldn’t include him in a deal for Cease but apparently he has heard that the Os are talking to a different team and that Cease could be in that deal…he said it’s a team that has been one of the best organizations in the sport for a while, which makes me think Houston and Valdez but who knows.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys. Again, we have zero idea if the guy is credible or not. He likely has some ties to Povich but not sure how much past that it gets.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Question for you guys.  I know you have Montgomery as a very good MI prospect and obviously a lot of you seem good with Ortiz coming back as part of the deal.

What if instead of Cowser or Kjerstad, the lead player was Westburg. Would that be ok with you or do you really want an OFer more?

Say the offer was Westburg and Beavers or Cowser/Kjerstad and Ortiz. And just for discussion purposes, let’s just say that Getz feels these are the best 2 deals on the table.  Which one would you prefer he takes? 

Kjerstad, Ortiz/Norby, and a pitcher 

while the Sox may be valuing pitching, this would get it over the line. 

Edited by Rey21

1 hour ago, T R U said:

2 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I do appreciate the perspective of both you and the other Orioles fan in this thread. It’s a refreshing change from the regulars here rehashing the same arguments over and over again.

Exactly. @T R U see @YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!’s post.

58 minutes ago, T R U said:

The Os have no pitching?  Huh? Bradish was 4th in CY voting last year. Rodriguez was one of the better pitchers in baseball after the AS break and was the best pitching prospect in the sport. We will see how Means bounces back but he has been solid in his career. Kremer is a very solid back end starter.  The BP was one of the best in the game and they have some prospects that could come up and help soon.

The board we post on has enjoyed reading this site. The people here are cordial and there is good, intelligent baseball conversation….and then you came in and changed that.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Just wanted to update you guys…that guy Husker fan is saying that the Os told him they wouldn’t include him in a deal for Cease but apparently he has heard that the Os are talking to a different team and that Cease could be in that deal…he said it’s a team that has been one of the best organizations in the sport for a while, which makes me think Houston and Valdez but who knows.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys. Again, we have zero idea if the guy is credible or not. He likely has some ties to Povich but not sure how much past that it gets.

Astros are obsessed with Cease.  Maybe a 3-team deal with Framber to Orioles, Cease to Astros and Sox getting prospects

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Why anyone would want Yankees prospects is beyond me. No organization’s prospects are more hyped than the Yankees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os have no pitching?  Huh? Bradish was 4th in CY voting last year. Rodriguez was one of the better pitchers in baseball after the AS break and was the best pitching prospect in the sport. We will see how Means bounces back but he has been solid in his career. Kremer is a very solid back end starter.  The BP was one of the best in the game and they have some prospects that could come up and help soon.

The board we post on has enjoyed reading this site. The people here are cordial and there is good, intelligent baseball conversation….and then you came in and changed that.

Going from Bautista to Kimbrel is a giant downgrade.  Don’t forget, us Sox fans HATE Kimbrel.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, fathom said:

Astros are obsessed with Cease.  Maybe a 3-team deal with Framber to Orioles, Cease to Astros and Sox getting prospects

Is that what you have heard?  I personally think Valdez is overrated and I don’t like some of his numbers.  His statcast numbers and mediocre missed bats stats bother me. 

Over on our board, most people want Valdez over Cease…not me.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Going from Bautista to Kimbrel is a giant downgrade.  Don’t forget, us Sox fans HATE Kimbrel.

Kimbrel is fine. Most of his numbers are still very good. He’s not exciting but for 1 year, I’m good with it.

Hate losing Bautista of course but Kimbrel is fine for a stop gap.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Is that what you have heard?  I personally think Valdez is overrated and I don’t like some of his numbers.  His statcast numbers and mediocre missed bats stats bother me. 

Over on our board, most people want Valdez over Cease…not me.

Just that the Astros love Cease

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

To be clear, I don’t know any Orioles fans who think the O’s will win 101 games again or think that the O’s will be clear favorites to win the AL East.   We know that (1) the O’s outperformed their Pythagorean record by 7 games, (2) the offense scored more runs than “expected” because of excellent RISP hitting that probably can’t be sustained, and (3) a couple of our AL East rivals were severely hampered by multiple injuries that aren’t likely to be repeated, at least at that level.   The countervailing point is that we have a talented young team that is gaining experience and several excellent prospects who are ready to come up if anyone falters.   The vast majority of O’s fans would like the team to add a pitcher capable of being a no. 3 starter or better, and Cease undoubtedly fits that bill.   That said, we don’t want to give up so much that we don’t have the necessary depth to replace the players who get hurt or who reach free agency.  The team has been built up through the farm system and some forward-looking trades of veterans and that’s probably to remain the dominant mode of operation for the O’s.